It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Hero Turned Truther...then...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Turns liar!

William Rodriguez has been somewhat of an icon to the truth movement pretty much across the United States, and globaly for that matter. Starting as early as September 11th 2001, Mr Rodriguez's heroic story started to spread. This story was originally told on CNN. Now, the truth is William is in fact a hero and I am not going to discredit him for that ..but..

Mr. Rodriguez somewhere along the way got lost in his fame. His stories became quite embellished.

I came across a report about this famous janitor and thought I would share it with you.

Here are some key parts that PROVE ...yes PROVE that Mr. Rodriguez LIED and is STILL lying about what happened on 911 and what he in fact was witness to:

Here is a link to his story on video:
video.google.com...

His main claim is that the explosion he heard in the basement could not have been caused by jet fuel in the elevator shafts.

In August of 2006, he adresses this on a blog:

“(911myths.com) says 'A jet fuel fireball erupted upon impact and shot down at least one bank of elevators.' ...Very strange indeed, since there were only one elevator shaft (the 50A car) that went all the way to B6, the operator was inside, Mr. Griffith and he survived with a broken ankles. He should have died burnt since on this theory the ball of fire went down. He is alive and well and I will interview him in the future to clear the disinformation.”
www.haloscan.com...

Later on in Dec.06:

"Last, funny everybody brings the position that the ball of fire went down the center elevator shaft and exploded in the basement, since the actual elevator operator of the 50A car is alive and after braking both ankles did not get burned by any of this. He should have been burned alive. He was never called to testify."

forums.randi.org...

Here are some facts that he ignores about Mr. Griffith:

Elevator operator Arturo Grffith was in freight car 50A with carpenter Marlene Cruz: "The whole car shook and juddered as he heard an ominous noise from above."

findarticles.com...

"'I felt the explosion and the elevator dropped,' Arturo said at St. Vincents Hospital in Manhattan, where he's being treated for a broken leg."

findarticles.com...

"Arturo Griffith was in a freight elevator when the building was attacked. The elevator dropped to B1 (the basement level), fell below the landing. He was trapped in the elevator beneath debris and unconscious. He remembers seeing a beam of light. He called out. The smoke was so thick; Arturo could not see his own hand. So his rescuers had to follow his voice to find him. 'I don't know who saved me. It was so black and smoky. I couldn't see nothin',' Arturo said. 'When they got me out, I told them there was someone else down there, a woman. They went back to get her. Seconds after they pulled her out, a ball of fire came down the shaft. They almost got killed.' "

911digitalarchive.org...

Continued.......

[edit on 14-6-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Willie actually was interviewed by NIST

This is what he said in part:

"The fire, the ball of fire, for example, I was in the basement when the first plane hit the building. And at that moment, I thought it was an electrical generator that blew up at that moment. A person comes running into the office saying 'explosion, explosion, explosion.' When I look at this guy; has all his skin pulled off of his body. Hanging from the top of his fingertips like it was a glove. And I said, what happened? He said the elevators. What happened was the ball of fire went down with such a force down the elevator shaft on the 58th (50A) – freight elevator, the biggest freight elevator that we have in the North Tower, it went out with such a force that it broke the cables. It went down, I think seven flights. The person survived because he was pulled from the B3 level. But this person, being in front of the doors waiting for the elevator, practically got his skin vaporized."

911stories.googlepages.com...

This isn't the first time he stated this:

“And at that terrible day when I took people out of the office, one of them totally burned because he was standing in front of the freight elevator and the ball of fire came down the duct of the elevator itself, I put him on the ambulance.”

transcripts.cnn.com...

There is an ABUNDANCE of information if you desire to learn more TRUTH about this hero of 911.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
He only actually saw the burnt victim. Therefore everything else he asserts regarding what did or did not travel down that elevator shaft is hearsay and ultimately a matter of his opinion.

The testimony that Rodriguez offers that is not hearsay was that there were two explosive events that he felt seconds apart. This is what he actually experienced, stripped of whatever he would decide it was, and it has been consistent since the very day of 9/11.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
bsbray11

Agreed, and I think the key here is what he has been consistent on since day 1 and he firmly believes that there were explosions prior to any Plane striking, and the explosions occurred deep in the ground below the WTC.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I always wondered how one can tell a plane is hitting the building while being in the basement. How many people have seen the top of a building while standing in the basement?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
snoopy

Its a valid question, unless he heard the plane strike afterward.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
snoopy

Its a valid question, unless he heard the plane strike afterward.

So what does a plane striking a building sound like? How does he know by sound a plane hit the building? I don't imagine I could tell the difference between a bus or a car or an earthquake of a bomb or whatever hitting the building. yet when he was down there, he heard a sound and was able to determine "ah! airplane hitting building".

Or am I misunderstanding?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well considering its 9/11, if he hears an explosion below, then soon after he hears a very large explosion above, I think by reason of deduction he could conclude that he heard something before the plane strike.

He wouldn't have to know what the explosions sound like, but where he felt them coming from. Why would he get the feeling of one further below and one further above?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
William denys the fireball now. Claims NOW that the explosions were under his feet. He never mentioned this to NIST or CNN.

This is what he says now

"I disagree 100% with the government story," said Rodriguez. "I met with the 9/11 Commission behind closed doors and they essentially discounted everything I said regarding the use of explosives to bring down the north tower. And I contacted NIST previously four times without a response. Finally, this week I asked them before they came up with their conclusion that jet fuel brought down the towers, if they ever considered my statements or the statements of any of the other survivors who heard the explosions. They just stared at me with blank faces and didn’t have any answers.”

Yet to NIST during a PUBLIC hearing in February 2004 he said NOTHING about explosions at his feet...he spoke of the fireball though. And skin being vaporized off of a person he saved.

Transcript of NIST Public Meeting in New York City –
wtc.nist.gov...

Did he see the fireball? Nope. Did he feel two explosions? Sure! But he was unable to tell what was what. He along with others did however smell kerosene!

WOW!! William for Republican Office!

20 years of sweeping stairwells to MILLIONS in campaign finances and a shot at being a politician!

911truthbristol.com... - William explaining how:

"I was prepared by the Republican party to run for office. They sent me to the Governing Institute [note: the cost of 6 Saturday sessions at the Governing Institute is $150.] And I felt that I was being (inaudible) one way or the other. I was part of the whole game. And not only the photo opportunities, not only the celebrities trying to use me for fundraisings (as a hero)."

"You see, I’ve been offered everything. I had a television show on PBS. They offered me movies, books, everything. I would say, ‘Oh, forget about it.’ It’s not money. I was homeless. I raised 122 million dollars. And don’t take my word for it. Go on the internet. Do your own research. You’ll find it there."

video.google.com...

William is also the reason why Bush used the WMD excuse for the war in Iraq and not 911!

The final straw came when he was asked to give a public address on why Iraq should be invaded. "I said no - 9/11 was nothing to do with Iraq. I helped organise the families, and we voted against the President using us for his political motive. That's when the thrust changed, and the invasion suddenly became about weapons of mass destruction."

911truthbristol.com...

Oh..and:
In return for his co-operation in suppressing evidence of Israeli involvement in 9-11 and the explosions, Rodriguez has apparently been given vague promises of financial stability – and even political office – particularly in the event that Hillary Clinton wins the presidency in 2008.

"I will be set for life if Hillary wins,"
he told AFP, which suggests that the powers behind Clinton are directly involved in the cover-up.

[edit: fixed EX tags]

[edit on 15-6-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
Well considering its 9/11, if he hears an explosion below, then soon after he hears a very large explosion above, I think by reason of deduction he could conclude that he heard something before the plane strike.

He wouldn't have to know what the explosions sound like, but where he felt them coming from. Why would he get the feeling of one further below and one further above?

OK, so he simply heard and felt two explosions and assumed which one was the plane and which one wasn't. And he never said where they came from, so that's an assumption on your part. A logical one, but still an assumption. Or maybe later he said one was above and one was below and I just never saw that interview. So I will assume that he did claim to hear one above and one below. But it sstill shows that he did not know the plane hit 2nd.

Considering sound would travel through the building faster than air, the sound traveling through the building and reaching the bottom would be audible before the sound of the explosion coming through the air from above. Plus if an elevator crashed, as has been verified, it would hit the lowest floor and make an explosion sound below him.

So there's a lot of possibilities here and it's simply an assumption on his part that the plane hit afterwards. Not to mention that bombs going off in the basement would serve absolutely no purpose what so ever which just makes his claims seem even less credible.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"From day one I have told the same story."

And the lies still pile up......

"I always talk about explosion, not bombs- since I am not an explosives expert."
www.haloscan.com...

Thats a LIE Willie!!

Here is what ELSE you said:

"I know there were explosives placed below the trade center. I helped a man to safety who is living proof, living proof the government story is a lie and a cover-up."

and:
"I know there was a massive explosion in the basement, not related to an airplane."

and:
Radio Host: "Do you believe there was a bomb in both buildings?"

WR: "Definitely. …I think that was explosives that was set up on the basement as an accelerator to actually bring the towers down.”

But you said this Willie! :

“As a survivor of the initial bomb of 1993, it was not only osmosis, I believe exactly what happened years before, so that’s why when that explosion happened I put one and one together and say that it’s a bomb. Just to clear something up, I’m really not sure what it was, I am not an expert in explosives but you don’t need a degree on science and technology of fire safety to know what a fire looks like”

“From day one, I have told the same story, never straying from the truth." - WR

continued......

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nice twisting of words going on in here.

Basically he's in the state of mind that he's pretty sure there was a bomb but since he's no expert on the subject he can't confirm this claim in any other realm then his own personal opinion of what he experienced.

This thread is a waste of time and has no purpose

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When did Rodriguez suspect that the official story was wrong?

Alex Jones: "When did you start understanding the official story was a fraud? Day one?"

WR: "Well, I didn’t know day one, I’ll be honest with you. Because, Alex, at the beginning I (inaudible) of the news. Probably days or weeks, because I came out with the story and I testified for the media, for the national media, on that same day of what I experienced. And I started to realize that my story was continuously being edited, that the whole information that I was giving wasn’t coming out correctly."

Hmmm...days or weeks??... yet a YEAR later on CNN you blamed Osama Bin Laden!:
www.youtube.com... (in spanish)

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Nice twisting of words going on in here.

Basically he's in the state of mind that he's pretty sure there was a bomb but since he's no expert on the subject he can't confirm this claim in any other realm then his own personal opinion of what he experienced.

This thread is a waste of time and has no purpose

Its a waste of time becasue it proves that one of your own is a LIAR.

He NEVER mentioned a bomb even when talking to NIST! Im not twisting anything. Read the articles

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Its a waste of time becasue it proves that one of your own is a LIAR.

What are you talking about one of my own? I don't even know the guy.

What is this all just a war for you captainobvious? 2 sides? the side that thinks government did it and the side that thinks terrorists did it? Listen to your self...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

“As a survivor of the initial bomb of 1993, it was not only osmosis, I believe exactly what happened years before, so that’s why when that explosion happened I put one and one together and say that it’s a bomb. Just to clear something up, I’m really not sure what it was, I am not an expert in explosives but you don’t need a degree on science and technology of fire safety to know what a fire looks like”

“From day one, I have told the same story, never straying from the truth." - WR

Ok so this means that he is saying that he thinks it was a bomb due to experiencing a previous bomb explosion.

He is saying that he can't say for sure because he is not an expert.

Basically this guy is saying that his opinion is that it was a bomb but that he is not qualified to confirm this officially that it was indeed a bomb.

So what is the point of this thread? Just twisting words of a poor guy that lived through hell on 911, nothing else.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
IF you read ALL the quotes i posted you will see he CHANGED his story!! In one quote he said he wasnt sure ... then another he says it WAS.

"I know there were explosives placed below the trade center. I helped a man to safety who is living proof, living proof the government story is a lie and a cover-up."

Thats called a contradiction

Look, he IS a hero...i am not trying to discredit him as such. What I don't understand is WHY all of the embellishing.... Trust me, I have plenty more where he makes claims of "saving hundreds of lives".

He made MANY false claims to support his Conspiracy Theories.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

IF you read ALL the quotes i posted you will see he CHANGED his story!! In one quote he said he wasnt sure ... then another he says it WAS.

and so he says that there was bombs in the basement according to his opinion and his opinion is based on the fact that he experienced an explosion before 911.

Basically all he did was tell his opinion on something but still said that he is no expert on the subject and he can't confirm anything.

I don't see anything wrong with him stating his opinion and then at the same time saying that his opinion is just his opinion.

CaptainObvious, if you were to state that the official story of 911 is the truth but then later on you change your statement by saying it's not the truth. You did not contradict your self, you simply changed opinions on a subject matter.

I contradicted my own self by saying this thread had no purpose and is a waste of time but yet I still posted in it.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by selfless]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Selfless...

Agreed.... As evidence is found on ANY matter, you SHOULD change your stance if it supports another theory. Thats NOT what Willie did. He says he has never changed his story ...yet he has. HE makes MANY outlandish claims as he tours around to do talk shows etc.

Did you read the quotes about him raising 124 million for the republican party? Or becoming a politician.

The man although a GREAT hero... is not being honest. I have more information on him that I will post that shows MORE lies and innacuracies that he presents to others around the country and the world.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Jesus, what a dramatic change!! Was he sure or not?!?!

The real question is why do you give a damn? Because you're not going consider his testimony anyway. There are several others that gave different testimonies that amounted to the same thing: multiple events, including events specifically located in the basement levels. Three examples off the top of my head are Mike Pecoraro, Felipe David, and Philip Morelli.

There's nothing contradictory about their testimonies (as if you're not blowing Rodriguez's wording out of proportion) yet something tells me you're not going to give them the time of day anyway.

Did you read the quotes about him raising 124 million for the republican party? Or becoming a politician.

Wow, enough said. If this is the direction he's going in then you can expect much more dramatic contradictions from him than whether or not he was sure about something. That's bread and butter to a politician.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by bsbray11]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join