It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ogopogo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Aahhahahahah I actually did a project on this Ogopogo monster in grade 2 primary school. Had to do a speech and all. Man i hated speeches and still do... Anyways. That picture sort of reminds me of an oarfish (not the head but the fins...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ogopogo's been around for a while. Perhaps there are more than one. Recent encounters suggest smaller specimens also. I do not recall a name here however there is a guy who's swum the length of Okanagan lake if I'm not mistaken. He used to wear goggles but from teh sounds of it he prefers to swim without after seeing something looking at him as it accompanied him underwater for a distance. This swimmer also reported being in close proximity to such a creature (approx 9 ft away; again if I'm not mistaken).

I've seen strange swells/wakes on the lake and would welcome a clear sighting.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Isn't possible that this sea monsters are over grown or genetically mutated version of existing creatures that live in the vicinity. Its like seeing an "8" feet human and calling him monster.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
its not really a sea creature, its a freshwater lake, just so ya know. But i guess mutations are possible, which means there are mutiple 'ogopogos' in that lake in order to reproduce, unless they do some crazy assexual reproduction or live for eons.

I dont want to swim there ever again.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ihatelindsaylohan
I think if you really look at the evidence you see that sea monsters don't exist. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Well, I hate to rain on your parade, so to speak - but they do exist. How do I know? Well, I've seen one, from pretty close-up in broad daylight Head, neck and all...

So yes - they do exist - honest!

J.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
May I ask when, where, and what??

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ingeniouslycorrupt
May I ask when, where, and what??

You may. It's a creature commonly known as the Cadrosaurus, and it's seen mainly around the coast of Vancouver Island, but also in remote areas of the BC coast (Canada). Saw it very clearly one morning while camping in a very remote area of west coast Vancouver Island. Probably only 100 feet away or so. Glassy, calm waters, (pacific inlet), even got a pretty good look at it with my binocs

Amazing experience....very real. Eyes, reptilian-like head, long neck etc. Several witnesess...so yeah, they're real enough alright. Prehistoric? Who knows? They sure look like something from another time...

J.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here's links to a few more threads about Ogopogo on ATS.
Some interesting stuff for members that follow this topic.

Ogopogo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ogopogo At It Again

The Day I Saw Ogopogo

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesun
Isn't possible that this sea monsters are over grown or genetically mutated version of existing creatures that live in the vicinity. Its like seeing an "8" feet human and calling him monster.

Are you kidding!?!? An 8 foot human IS a monster. HELL. A Six foot 7" Guy is a monster. Maybe even bigger. Havn't you seen Kane off WWE Wrestling..???

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just curious...what is known to be the longest living animal on the planet, I'm just looking to gauge this with the ogopogo.

JbT

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Our local native legends are supposed to inclued the Ogopogo...

In fact, I belive that the original tales of this creature would have come from the local natives. Of course, modern man saw the opportunity at hand and the Ogopogo was born. If I can remeber correct from my elementry days anyways.

I dont know how far back those Indian Tales go of the Lake Okanagan Monster, but I do remeber hearing this as a kid growning up in the Okangan. I would assume this story of the Lake Monster was around for generations before the "modern man" Ogopogo storys though.

....Possile sightings over the years have kept the story alive. But for myself, I was always more interested about the Natives storys of the Ogopogo, cause, they say "it" first.

Unfortunately, I dont remeber any of those stroys, or have a link to them. But there is books somewhere. Maybe it was in the Summerland or Penticton Museum.... I really forget. But, I remeber reading and doing a project on the Pogo when I was in elementary school.

So as far as the Ogopogo, his/her story is ages old.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by JbT]

<< 1   >>

join