It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ogopogo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If anyone is familiar with the Okanagan in British Columbia, you've most definately heard of the Ogopogo. Any pictures, stories or videos would be greatly appreciated. Personally, I believe that there are huge shelves on the shore of Okanagan lake, which has been proven by divers, and within these many layers of shelves the Ogopogo Resides.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ogopogo? You mean the large, dragonlike serpentine creature that lives in that one lake in Canada at the province of British Columbia, aka the Natakia? Yes, I would have some pictures, yet I cannot upload them into here, plus I would have to go through all of the trouble of looking through my files. I first heard about it in a book called "Cryptids, UFOs and Starnge Dreams" or something like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think if you really look at the evidence you see that sea monsters don't exist. I would love to be proven wrong though.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
OkamiZaku,

I am shocked that you read about it, I had no idea it was known out of Canada. Yes that's exactly the Ogopogo I was meaning. Allthough I've never heard it called Natakia before.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ihatelindsaylohan
I think if you really look at the evidence you see that sea monsters don't exist. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Just curious, how do you prove something doesn't exist?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Stale Cracker, thank you for the photo.

That is a tricky one isn't it, proving something doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ogopogo is quite famous amongst those interested in Cryptozoology. It's considered by some as "the Nessie of North America" (although personally I think Champ is a better candidate for that title).

The most famous picture that I'm aware of, is the Edward Fletcher photograph: (Source)

Then there's a movie from Art Folden (1968). I can't find a source for the complete movie, but here's a still from the supposed movie:
Movie frame

There's an additional picture on this site at the bottom. The photographer is unknown.

That's pretty much the "best" (for lack of better word) pictures out there.

And while we're talking Canadian Lake Monsters, this picture of Whippy may interest you.

PS, OkamiZaku, the correct spelling is Naitaka. Just to be technical.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Hmmm...haviing seen one myself a few years ago - I would have to disagree with you there. And yes, coming from BC, Canada, I know a bit about the Ogopogo - never seen him though

Jimbo

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
[qoute]Hmmm...haviing seen one myself a few years ago - I would have to disagree with you there. And yes, coming from BC, Canada, I know a bit about the Ogopogo - never seen him though

May I ask what kind of sea monster you saw?? It's actually kind of scary seeing those pictures, I've swam in that lake!!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by ingeniouslycorrupt

Personally, I believe that there are huge shelves on the shore of Okanagan lake,

which has been proven by divers

You believe, or it's proven ? Which is it ?

Myself, I think there are all kinds of possibilities. Mankind is still discovering creatures on Earth, even as we make our first steps into Space.

Never stop discovering,
Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

You believe, or it's proven ? Which is it ?

Myself, I think there are all kinds of possibilities. Mankind is still discovering creatures on Earth, even as we make our first steps into Space.

Never stop discovering,

It has been proven yes. My bad on the grammar though, even if something is proven true there is always disbelievers, I'm just saying I believe in the facts.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ingeniouslycorrupt
OkamiZaku,

I am shocked that you read about it, I had no idea it was known out of Canada. Yes that's exactly the Ogopogo I was meaning. Allthough I've never heard it called Natakia before.

LOL, dude, chill. When people say that they read something, it doesn't always mean they read a novel or something. Pardon me, but my mind isn't all that clear. XD
Drugs are bad...

[edit on 18-6-2007 by OkamiZaku]

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'll let you in on a little secret. That happy green guy in my avatar is Ogopogo. I think it is an excellent likeness.

I grew up on Okanagan Lake and when I tell people I saw Ogopogo, people tell me I saw a log.

Originally posted by Gemwolf
the correct spelling is Naitaka. Just to be technical.

If we're going to be technical
it's actually N'ha-a-itk. It's a Salish word that means lake demon. Naitaka is a bit of a bastardization of the word. Us darn white folks kept pronouncing everything wrong when we settled.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Naitaka is a bit of a bastardization of the word. Us darn white folks kept pronouncing everything wrong when we settled.

LOL...bastardization. What does that mean? Oh well, I learned something new today.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
actually, they haven't found the bottom because it's mud, they have a floating bridge in Kelowna, BC connecting Kelowna from another part of it, called WestBank.

Is VERY possible that something lives deep in the mud considering there would be looks of nutrients and food etc.. and shelter and all that.. could be a really old creature, who knows I don't think it's all mystical or anything, I'd stay away from us too GOD we're stupid creatures.. all the stink we create.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Just curious, how do you prove something doesn't exist?

You "Don't" Find it... lol hahahaha

I've never seen the creature myself, but I've lived here in BC for awhile now.... If I were the ogopogo thingy I'd live in Kelowna, .. it's nice and pretty there.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I grew up on Okanagan Lake and when I tell people I saw Ogopogo, people tell me I saw a log.

I have some friends that grew up on the lake as well, what they tell me is that there are some strange currents in the lake the produce waves that that can possible be confused as a Lake Monster.

For example this video. Warning footage may cause you to get dizzy and scream for them to grab a tripod.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ogopogo is quite famous amongst those interested in Cryptozoology. It's considered by some as "the Nessie of North America" (although personally I think Champ is a better candidate for that title).

As do I Gem, Champ has got to be my favorite lake monster. One of the reasons being that he poses better for his photos.

Anyways, Ogopogo is still quite famous, though not exactly something I've put alot of time into researching. Last I heard, people were theorizing that 'Pogo was a type of prehistoric whale, though the name and spelling elude me at the moment.

I'll let you in on a little secret. That happy green guy in my avatar is Ogopogo. I think it is an excellent likeness.

That it is Duz, that it is.

I seem to recall having a discussion with you concerning Ogopogo a very long time ago, and if I remember correctly it was a very in-depth discussion. Would you mind telling us of your encounter?

Oh yes, one more thing:

Okay, so if we can prove things don't exist, by not finding them, then by your logic, if you look through your house and don't find your remote, it doesn't exist, right?

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Voidmaster]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

As do I Gem, Champ has got to be my favorite lake monster. One of the reasons being that he poses better for his photos.

Anyways, Ogopogo is still quite famous, though not exactly something I've put alot of time into researching. Last I heard, people were theorizing that 'Pogo was a type of prehistoric whale, though the name and spelling elude me at the moment.

That it is Duz, that it is.

I seem to recall having a discussion with you concerning Ogopogo a very long time ago, and if I remember correctly it was a very in-depth discussion. Would you mind telling us of your encounter?

Oh yes, one more thing:

Okay, so if we can prove things don't exist, by not finding them, then by your logic, if you look through your house and don't find your remote, it doesn't exist, right?

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Voidmaster]

I don't really get the gist of what you are saying.

No, seriousally...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I don't really get the gist of what you are saying.

No, seriousally...

He's saying that its not really plausible to prove something doesn't exist, and his example was that if you can't find the remote in your house doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

All though now that I think about it, you might be able prove something doesn't exist by proving another thing DOES exist...

<<   2 >>

join