It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best weapon available without a firearm license?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
I'd use a spork --- you know those white plastic half spoon, half forks you get in the cafeteria. Just unwrap and thrust into the neck of an unsuspecting target and watch the blood splurt. No license required. Improvisation at it's finest. The fleshy area of the neck is oh so fragile.

OMG THATS FUNNY
I would take the usual bow and arrows, recurve or longbow, I like both.
Spear, hunting knife, sierria saw, multitool...
ready to go.

I love survivor man, bushcraft, tom brown, stuff like that.
never need a GPS, I read the sun, moon, planets and stars
that and I have magntite in my head

[edit on 3-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
9mm rounds have been shown in numerous examples to NOT be effective in a takedown of a person in many cases unless the round are specialized, ie: hollowpoint or other fragmentable rounds design. A 9mm round is on average 115 grains and travels at 1500 fps! Do you really think a 20gr pellet is going to do much damage unless a really lucky shot in a vital area?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Someone said slings and slingshots would not be effective...HUH?!?

What about a wrist rocket with a 1/2 ounce ball bearing shot.

My friend, a ball bearing launched by a grown man firing a surgical tubing wrist rocket can do some major damage at relatively close ranges...50-100ft.

And they are silent....

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I really like the spork idea someone had earlier...lolol

Now you could take a simple credit card and cut the end of it into a sharp point and that would be a sharp as any knife.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Jesus... Slings, Slingshots, crossbows.. are you all kids?
None of that is going to serve as a decent, useful weapon, in real life.

Aside from that, should you need to kill a human, you'll still be far enough away to keep yourself safe from edged weapon attacks, and you can use it for hunting.

Slings, rocks, stunguns.. jesus.. you people aren't going to last long.

I will stand in the middle of Dodge City at high noon anytime with you and your pellet rifle and me and my sling.
You scoff at the power of the sling because you have never seen one used correctly. I can hit you long before I am in range of your little pellet gun.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What about black powder rifles and pistols?
Do you have to have a permit where you live for those?
The laws in many places aren't as restrictive on old fashioned black powder weapons. A pair of 1860 44's in the right hands are totally viable modern weapons. Just takes forever to reload. And black powder weapons tend to be much less expensive. There are many advantages to black powder weapons for defense and hunting in a survival situation.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm dead on with the idea that your brain is the best weapon you will ever own. Train it up right and you will be able to face whatever situation you'll encounter.

Become mcguyver (or however you spell his name.)

Learn how to make a wrist rocket from scrap steel, rubber bands and old bolts.

Learn how to make a bow from irradiated tree's and shoots of bamboo.

Learn how to fight with a knife so when you don't have a gun, and the bad guys don't either, you will win.

Learn how to set a trap, so you can feed your children.

Learn how to fish with success, cause those who don't know these things will be counting on you.

Learn how to safely take down big game, skin the carcass, use the meat, tan the hide, fashion weapons from the bone and give thanks to both the animal and the creator of us all for your survival.

Your brain is the greatest tool you will have in a survival situation. Only you have the ability to prepare it. Knowledge will be the differance between life and death, for you and your family.

Just my thoughts on it,

wupy

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
black powder 6 shooter and rifle
high power air rifle
cross bow
bow
sling
sling shot
Attlee
knife
booby traps

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Last I checked, the brain is NOT an effective weapon when getting mugged, raped, or ransacked.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Bow/crossbow and 0c-66 pepper foam make a good combo

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
A billiard ball and a sock would be in my pocket, some good large chef knives, 3 or 4 good stainless steel boxcutters or stanley knives, 3 good store bought bows, a few hundered arrows and a good book an how to make a new one, a good rifle with a few hundered bullets (It's funny how a rifle works when your enemy is unaware u have no ammo), a shovel, a few metres of wire (thin), a saucepan, a can opener, enough gladwrap to build a solar still for water, my dog and SEEDS lotsa SEEDS.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Oh I forgot, and all the lighters and matches I could find and all the maps I have from google maps

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brock Landers
Last I checked, the brain is NOT an effective weapon when getting mugged, raped, or ransacked.

If you know self defense it is, everything you learn is stored in your brain,
I myself had an intruder in my home one night and all I used to defend my self and my wife was things that I have learned. I don't own a gun and I would not either, I'd rather use my hands and do it myself.

If the survival thing were to happen and I didn't have any weapon I'd start looking for a knife, or very sharp rock, piece of glass to make my life easier.
from those Items you can make many, and its all stored in the brain.

So yes in agreement the brain is the best weapon.

on the silly side or the subject I'd go with telekinesis much less to carry.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You guys are assuming that nobody knowes self defence, the thread is about what weopons you would employ. In my mind a can opener can be a huge psychological weapon(if you have it and they don't). Stuff muckin around with a screwdriver. Your brain cannot kill and skin an animal. You will need more than a rusty coke can to survive. Guns would be are good but could backfire and cause a false sense of security. Everyone would be smiles untill the ammo ran out. Then it's bluff time. Wire that is thin = traps. Shovel = bury waste to minimise smell, canopener = find a locked supermarket or cache, chef knives = sharp and come with a whetstone, Bow and Arrow = Materials available, maybe a hutch with 30 rabbits. Feed the rabbits waste, roast rabbit.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Maybe a air taser or stun gun. If u want to get old school, maybe a roll of nickles in a sock.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
In my mind a can opener can be a huge psychological weapon(if you have it and they don't). canopener = find a locked supermarket or cache

I can't quite figure out how you are going to use a can opener to get into a locked building or cut through a padlock. Can you please elaborate? Or are you just using it as a generic tool to smash in windows?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. You just mean those are places you could find a can opener. I don't know, I can think of a lot more threatening things to be wielding than a can opener, even just in the kitchen.

DuncanIdahoGholem
A billiard ball and a sock would be in my pocket, some good large chef knives, 3 or 4 good stainless steel boxcutters or stanley knives, 3 good store bought bows, a few hundered arrows and a good book an how to make a new one, a good rifle with a few hundered bullets (It's funny how a rifle works when your enemy is unaware u have no ammo), a shovel, a few metres of wire (thin), a saucepan, a can opener, enough gladwrap to build a solar still for water, my dog and SEEDS lotsa SEEDS.

That might be okay if you plan on staying put, but how do you plan to transport several large knives, 3 bows, rifle, hundreds of arrows/bullets? Also, seeds aren't any good until you can settle down somewhere for weeks at a time, but I won't get into it since they aren't weapons.

And what do you intend on using the boxcutters for? They're basically just a convenient way to hold a razor blade, I don't think they would be too great for self defense.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ahem! How about move to a state with only one firearms law? No full autos=New Mexico. Buy as many as you want, where you want. Make sure your not a criminal though, ex-con, etc.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have built a reproduction colt navy revolver in 44 caliber. It is not good for distance because it lacks decent sights, but up close it is deadly. Takes long time to get loaded though. For those contemplating this route, I would suggest a spare cylinder that you can keep loaded. It is quicker to change out the cylinder than it is to load the one that is empty in the gun. The bonus of having a black powder weapon in a mad max scenario is that you can resort to making your own gunpowder if you have to.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have guns, I have ammo - lot's of both. However, let's assume that I am out of ammo... I would take my wrist-rocket with me. Those of you on here that laugh at the concept of "Sling shots" have never come up against one of these things. A wrist-rocket with a .5 to a 1 oz buck shot, ball bearing or, believe it or not, iron ore can kill small to medium game no problem and debilitate a grown man if not kill him all together. I've killed large racoon, rabbits and a coyote with my wrist-rocket and I am deadly accurate with it!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In a do or die survival situation. Owning a firearm will be a must.
1.water
2.shelter
3.food
4.Weapon

Bows are fine for hunting,but for defense a bow isn't going to hack it.
If you live in a city or country that doesn't allow firearm ownership,then i would suggest that your SHTF plans include getting a weapon(gun) asap.
Knives are a great tool too,and are must haves. But, do you really want to rely on your hand to hand knife skills to protect yourself and your family?
If there was just "No possible way" to get a firearm,then i would carry a machete and a good knife.
Surely where you live allows SOME kind of gun ownership?
Black powder,or shotguns, small caliber rim fire?
A single shot 12 Ga shotgun is cheap,light,hits hard,many many different types of ammo loads for different game and ammo is cheap and abundant.
Where i live i would say 1 of 3 houses would have 12 GA ammo in them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join