It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant We Just Accept Them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is something that really gets me. Why cant we just accept that beasts like big foot or the cupacabra or even the loch ness monsters exist?
It seems to me like some people seem to be too ignorant to even think that these things can exist, as for me, i think there is a big possibility that the creatures can exist but scientists these days just discard them as being myths or such. Althought some people do believe in these monsters, I just want to think what we would have discovered on our planet if people just opened there minds and thought about what acctually is on our world instead of trying to find life on other worlds.
I think its pretty amazing what lives on our planet and I think we should spend more time and money on finding and proving that all the 'myths' can exist.

Opulisum

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why cant we accept magic, goblins, giants, aliens and the man in the moon?

No, we cant just accept that they exist. This is because WE DO NOT KNOW FOR CERTAIN THAT THEY DO. There is a reason why we divide science and fiction.

When someone capture a creature that could claim the position of Bigfoot, when it is investigated by independant researchers and confirmed as being Bigfoot and preferably when we capture a second specimen, THEN we can say its real.

How many Bigfoots have been captured and researched by scientists again?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm with merka.

Until definitive proof is provided by the scientific community I'll remain a skeptic.

Fairies, gnomes, and trolls, oh my.
Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and God.

I'll never understand the human desire to believe in things that just can't be proven.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What i mean thought is that wouldnt it make more sence than to finally prove that these creatures such as bigfoot exist and to find out if they dont, than to go out into space and find aliens?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

We need to accept that big foot exist...

and create a foundation for preserving the habitat for them. We could call it Big Foots Unlimited. And we could study them. Find out their mating habits and social interactions. Then set up a hunting lodge for seasonal harvest of Big Foot meat.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Venturing out into space for pure scientific research is far more important to the advancement of our species than proving a rare animal exists here on Earth.

Finding out that the Loch Ness Monster is real won't change my life at all, but scientific advances made in space will effect the lives of everyone on Earth.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I personally believe in the chupacabre etc, but it is a well known fact that people would rather believe adventure over reason, also there has never been 100% proof on any legendary creatures.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I do suppose venturing out into space and finding something that would help the whole world would be more important, althought I still dont doubt that there is a chance that bigfoot could exist.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Imagine going to a conservation preserve for Big Foot! You could watch them in their own habitat and possibly feed them.

Learn how to track them and what their habits are and have a productive hunting experience.

Field dressing and carrying the body from the woods to the truck would be tricky.....

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opulisum
I do suppose venturing out into space and finding something that would help the whole world would be more important, althought I still dont doubt that there is a chance that bigfoot could exist.

Your changing your mind. First you say, bigfoot exists, accept it. Then you say, oh well there might be a chance that he exists. Don't change your mind so easily. See I will believe in bigffot when I get the prove, so will I with the chubacabra, the loch ness monster, UFO's, and God. A simple picture or a blurry video won't make me believe in anything. I learned that long ago. And I won't get brainwashed by anybody into making me think different. I am a skeptic and proud to be.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Until definitive proof is provided by the scientific community I'll remain a skeptic.

Fairies, gnomes, and trolls, oh my.
Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and God.

I'll never understand the human desire to believe in things that just can't be proven.

Hehe.... please dont ban me.

[edit on 4/14/2007 by TheB1ueSoldier]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ahaha nice one B1ueSoldier.

But I think all I ment in my first post was that there is a chance that they could exist, i must of got confused or something

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Opulisum]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
We havnt even found evidence of them ALIVE or DEAD.... i mean comon.. i understand not knowing about certain bug species and what not.. but not ever finding a corpse of a creature that has been rumored to exist for so long? seems kinda improbable doesnt it?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It all comes down to the same thing belief in UFOs or any other left-field topic comes from: Personal experience.

Unless you have seen these things for yourself, then you can only hope that they exist... or, believe that they don't.

I, personally, have one had one run in with something from the cryptozoology field, and that was more than enough.

To me, an undiscovered race of bipeds does exist, but i can't prove that to anyone else.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If bigfoot and chupacabra get to this country legally, pay their taxes like everyone else, and stay off welfare I will accept them. Otherwise send them back to where they came from.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
If bigfoot and chupacabra get to this country legally, pay their taxes like everyone else, and stay off welfare I will accept them. Otherwise send them back to where they came from.

So, dave_54, because you were born in this country you expect freedoms and rights for yourself but deny others any opportunity to simply live here? Deny to others what you demand for yourself right?

America created the welfare system for a reason, dave. Its because materialistic people crowd themselves with luxuries (look up "planned obsolescence) while their neighbours are struggling to get themselves the basic necessities. The cost of one PS3 that provides momentary happiness can in turn supply an entire family full of Bigfoots and Chupacabras a year's worth of groceries. But no, you'll be dammed if you have to wait for another week's worth of salary before you get that PS3.

I'm sorry for that rant, but I believe in an America that still has the motto "Give me your tired, your poor, your weak, your hungry..."

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Did you hear a whooshing sound as my post flew over your head?

BTW -- I support and endorse anyone who follows the law and enters the country legally. Break the law by sneaking across the border and I will consider the illegal alien a criminal, which he is.

Every nation in the world is allowed and encouraged by the UN to control their borders. So now it is wrong to do what the UN says?

Liberals are not only hypocrites, they're not even good at it.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
lol wtf?!
stick to the point huh guys? hehe.

i often wonder why people like the author of this thread use websites like this. that is in no way meant to be an insult, by the way, merely a musing.
although it would be wrong for me to speculate about the rest of his beliefs, to me it would seem that he is extremely young and has yet to develop a skeptic bone

the fact is, friend, that skeptics are not hard crusty sour people taking out their petty frustrations on the innocence and joy of other's harmless beliefs. they are merely trying to apply logic and science to prove or disprove.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I wish people would try and accept them instead of just saying they don't exist. Why can't there be a bigfoot? Why can't there be aliens? Why does everything have to be boring? Why can't people think there is some kind of magical place where these things exist?

Why wouldn't people like to think they exist? Just to be boring?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Thats exactly what im trying to say with enjoies05.

<<   2 >>

join