It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imus on his knees begging

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This morning MSNBC's Imus was on his knees doing some bigtime begging to be allowed to keep his job and remain on the gravy train.

But this is not really about racist comments at all. Of course, Imus and his crew are bunch of insulting vulgarians. That's his thing or his "humour." And such behavior doesn't bother the people in charge of the world, the ones who run the MSM, or what I call fool control). Those folks love debasing our culture. If this were about racist comments, the whole crew at the Imus show could have been fired for hundreds of instances in the last year alone, all related to his sort of insulting, low brow, "humour."

So what's it all about then? Well, it's about what happened earlier; the thing that nobody is mentioning. You see, Imus and his guest had the courage to reference directly and obliquely, and as a fact, that 9/11 was an inside job.

I nearly flipped when I heard it on TV and immediately thought that he had better shut up fast or he's going to be in big trouble. If you work in the MSM, you know that you can not talk about it.

Imus had the courage to bring it up. Now all this.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
FIRST he needs to ask permission to visit those young women that he directly insulted. He needs to meet with them and apologize TO THEM. Then he can apologize to the rest of the world that is subjected to his vileness.

(*is vileness a word? If not .. I just made it up .. in honor of IMUS)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo
So what's it all about then? Well, it's about what happened earlier; the thing that nobody is mentioning. You see, Imus and his guest had the courage to reference directly and obliquely, and as a fact, that 9/11 was an inside job.

Actually, it really is all about his remarks regarding the Rutgers Women's Basketball team. I think to try and ascribe the outrage and calls for dismissal based upon any view he has about 9/11 is gratuitous.

His remarks were inexcusable, and he is struggling to keep his job... It has nothing to do with 9/11.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
nothing to do with 9/11, it was his racist comments about the Rutgers team. Just so veryone knows, i think he called them "jiggaboos" or something. Sorry if i offended anyone.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
He called them "nappy headed hos".

Jigaboos?? That's an old school term right there. Haven't heard it in awhile.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo

And Rev. Sharpton is blustering about that??? about 9/11 ???

A demeaning "nappy headed Ho's" reference, had no bearing ??
(Imus might try some of those 'green' cleaning products his wife Hawks on the show, to clean up his public image)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Imus said the ho's comment and one of his sidekicks made the jiggaboo comment, at least thats what they said they said on talk radio.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just saw the clip from Al Sharptons show. He asked if IMUS was prepared to sign a resignation letter right there and then. IMUS said no. The internview was okay. I didn't think Sharpton backed down and I think IMUS stayed true to form. (his 'form' is disgusting, but what I'm saying is that each of them stayed the same and didn't play for the larger audience that they knew was there)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't think he should loose his job over it. I'm not saying what he said should be condoned but it was not that bad. I like Imus and he has been doing radio for a long time and this is not a career breaker IMO.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
He... "Imus" said something he thoght was funny, in the moment... he does not deserve to be fired for it.... my goodness what has this world come to...

doesn't anyone remember..

"sticks and stone may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

[edit on 9-4-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't see the racism in his remarks. I see the sexist, inappropriate and rudeness of them however.

His colleague who used the 'jigaboo' term was definately racist, and he should be terminated. Imus should be reprimanded accordingly.

Where is the racism in this.. 'nappy headed ho's'. I don't see it.

nappy = rude
headed = well, on the head
ho's = sexism

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
People are way too thin skinned these days. Who cares what people say!? I don't get offended when others insult my race...I just laugh at their stupidity. When Dr. Kamau Kambon called for the extermination of white people, nobody asked hom to resign from his position. This guy wants a race wiped out...IMUS was tossing around insults like he always does. IMUS is definitely not right in saying what he did and should apologize.

Mr. Sharpton is blowing things out of proportion like he always does. Who is he to judge others? I don't recall Mr. Sharpton interviewing Dr. Kamau Kambon about his dreams of genocide. Way to go Mr. Sharpton, show us all how much of a hypocrite you are.

My suggestion, accept the apology and move on.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by PrepareForTheWorst]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Man I bet Howard Stern is getting a kick out of this! He hates Imus bad. They are mortal enemies.

Also please dont take this the wrong was but I think this is all blown out of proportion. Some tounge and cheek remarks were made to get attention, well did it ever. I dont see Imus being fined or fired. In fact, his rating will probably go up over this.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
they are enemies but he doesn't believe he should be fired. Isn't Sharpton the one that used "Hymietown" when referring to new york, i think, when he ran for president....if nappy headed hos is racist then so is hymietown

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline

Where is the racism in this.. 'nappy headed ho's'. I don't see it.

nappy = rude
headed = well, on the head
ho's = sexism

nappy does not = rude. nappy = racist. Nappy is a term used to refer to the type of hair black people have.
Imus should be fired. I was more pissed about the 'nappy headed hos remark' than the jiggaboo thing. (even though that racist referring to the difference between light skinned and dark skinned females as referred to in spike lee's school daze)
This is the first time in my life i heard a white person say nappy-headed. And then everybody in that room was laughing. Im also mad that imus has the nerve to bring up that ranch he has for kids w/ cancer as if that gives him a pass to say racist things.He also has a history of saying inappropriate things. But whatever he looks like and is a true redneck.All i know is that is i saw him in the street, it wouldnt be pretty.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
they are enemies but he doesn't believe he should be fired. Isn't Sharpton the one that used "Hymietown" when referring to new york, i think, when he ran for president....if nappy headed hos is racist then so is hymietown

it was jesse jackonsource

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
People used to be able to say what they wanted and their stupid comments were just ignored or chalked up to ignorance or stupidity.

I see this as a stepping stone to barring free speech and it's camouflaged as "political correctness". Imus can jump on the bandwagon with Michael Richards, Mel Gibson, and everyone else who likes to toss around racist remarks. It's not even important but the media is pushing it down our throats because they want us to THINK it's important.

Our government is pushing prescription drugs onto as many people as they can get their greedy slimy fingers on and leaking chemicals into our water and our food in order to make sure they get the rest of us, then dumbing us down with television and the talking head media, allowing our economy to self-destruct and people are concerned about racist remarks and political correctness??

Pay NO Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain. Stop being sheeple. Go out there and protect your kids from the government.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i'm not sure HOW the standard was set to fire someone for offending somebody on the air. people offend people every day.

YOU FINE HIM

i treat people equally well no matter what they do, and there skin color is not a factor on how nice i am to people, HOWEVER if imus gets fired i would like to see anyone who uses the term "white boy" or white anything on tv to be fined or fired because it seems no one can say anything jewish this or black that, BUT can say white this or white that with ZERO consequences, if you want imus fired and you believe we are TRYING to live in a more equal society , you have to be able to see both sides to this , dont you?

i would like the races to be brought together and see that while a fine is warranted, firing is not acceptable, although they seem to fire people more often for saying "big shot jew lawyer" take a chill, getover yourselves. fine someone don't fire c'mon

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I did a little research, and it seems the word nappy may well have a direct cannotation to negroid type hair.

At least the word has been embraced to that effect. There's a good thread on demystifying racial phrases and terms, and I may just add that there, because I have always taken the word to mean unclean, unwashed, unkempt, especially hair, such as dread locks, as I've heard it used alot in reference to hippies, and modern day alternatives.

I still can't see the racist inference with using that word, but I won't dismiss it oturight.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You have voted annestacey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I don't agree with what was said on the show, obviously. I think it's rude, racist and sexist. But I don't think IMUS should be punished for having a foul and bigoted sense of humor.

Political Correctness edging toward infringement of Free Speech is a concern here.

We can't legislate feelings. Believe it or not, it's legal to be racist. I urge people to write to him and let him know how stupid you think he is. Let him know you won't be listening to him anymore. But for him to lose his job (or other punishment) is just going to send him into the closet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join