It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATHEISM: The Stupidest Religion of All

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
besides...atheism is more common sense based instead of "faith" based.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by McGotti]

You can NOT prove that God is not real...so, you have faith that God does not exist.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
No offense meant but I often see atheists mentioned by satanists in their master plans.

Much writing has surfaced indicating that satanists see conversion to their faith happening more from the ranks of the atheistic than any other group.

Why would they believe that?

Anyways I see no reason that an atheist is more likely to become a satanist than to do anything actually but again many satanists believe this.

Because the Church Of Satan doesn't actually worship Satan. They worship pleasures of the flesh and earthly delights. Thing that most religions have dubbed "sinful" and unholy. Atheists don't have to overcome the fear of "God" so, they're easier to convert.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
When i think of atheism.. i think of people completly un-affiliated with any particular group at all..in terms of beliefs...i have never heard of any weekly atheist meetings down at the atheist church ..where the are preached to by people acting like they are of superior knowlege compared to their followers...nope.. never seen it before when talking about atheism...

my take on all this is that hyperspace is angry with atheist for some reason..

come now hyperspace..tell us what you are so angry about..maybe we can help you overcome this hatred you have built up inside of you over all these years..you cant hold the anger my friend..you most release it in some way..so please..you can tell us about your problems..we can help you with your confusion...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
that organization might not have the same train of beliefs as other athiests.

That religion (including atheism) doesn�t have many trains (or �sects�) of beliefs, MrRadical?

Slow down. Lets start using an organization for an example here. Lets use:

The Athiest Alliance Web Center
... the only democratic national atheist organization in the United States ...

You call it a religion, when it is actually an organization seen on the internet as an online resource for other athiests that share the organization's ideas and motivation.

also you seem to totaly ignore the context of that phrase you quoted me on. An organization can have ieas/beliefs ,whetever you want to call it, that are different from other athiests that do not follow predominent athiest organizations for whatever reason they have.

In short, if you have something against athiests and their "preaching", go for the organizations that perform the acts you dislike and not the individual athiests that don't care a bit in the world about "preaching"

and once again McGotti is on the right track.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   

so please..you can tell us about your problems..we can help you wit your confusion...

I'm not confused. I'm a realist McGotti. I think it's you who need to get their universal bearings.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

besides...atheism is more common sense based instead of "faith" based.

You can NOT prove that God is not real...so, you have faith that God does not exist.

i feel that you could use that wording for just about everything in life....

i say its more common sense because you cant see any god..you cant talk with god[hopefully]..nobody has ever seen him..the only proof is a book that has been rewrittin hundreds of times..changed so many times it probably hardly resembles the original work..after looking at these facts i would say that its more common sense to not believe in god...common sense ...not faith

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Isn't this in the wrong forum?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I figured it out! When Hyperspace was young, his mother told him "God" was real. If "God" isn't real, his mother is a liar. His mother wouldn't lie so, "God" must be real and anyone who says different is calling his mother a liar. That's why he hates athiests.

I know he's going to deny this but, I've got a sinking feeling that something like this is kicking around in his subconsious.

[Edited on 12/29/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

so please..you can tell us about your problems..we can help you wit your confusion...

I'm not confused. I'm a realist McGotti. I think it's you who need to get their universal bearings.

i too consider myself a realist[people call it a pessimist]...but regardless..what does that have to do with your hatred of atheists???

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You call it a religion, when it is actually an organization seen on the internet as an online resource for other athiests that share the organization's ideas and motivation.

I never called the Atheist Alliance anything but an "organization".

McGotti said, "atheism isn�t organized as far as i know."

So I showed him otherwise.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well I don't mean to offend anyone here but I have two more observations to state:

one, nobody knows enough to know whether there is a god or not IMHO.

two, god may be something but not what we think it is or have been led to believe.

and I can't resist this too,

would not something that is sufficiently higher than us be like a god to us? It could be and yet it would not be the universe itself.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
95% of the atheists are probably not affiliated with any organization regarding their beliefs....

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

i too consider myself a realist[people call it a pessimist]...but regardless..what does that have to do with your hatred of atheists???

It has to do with your quote. Isn't your quote at the top a dead giveaway? Maybe you need to real it in a bit dude.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

95% of the atheists are probably not affiliated with any organization regarding their beliefs....

and your point is...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   

nobody knows enough to know whether there is a god or not IMHO.

that is pretty much my feelings on pretty much every subject..no man[including myself] knows anything besides what has been told to them by another man[when i say man i mean human
]

so i am in the middle between belief in god and atheism..I cant make up my mind because unless god himself gives me a revalation there is know way for me to base my life around OTHER peoples beliefs...if anything im more buddhist than anything..theres a religion[not really a religion either] that makes sense and if everybody was a true buddhist..i believe the world would be as good as it possibly can..

we need a buddhist in the white house!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Well I don't mean to offend anyone here but I have two more observations to state:

one, nobody knows enough to know whether there is a god or not IMHO.

two, god may be something but not what we think it is or have been led to believe.

and I can't resist this too,

would not something that is sufficiently higher than us be like a god to us? It could be and yet it would not be the universe itself.

Neo, you�re the only one that seems to have a brain that works...if only in this thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It has to do with your quote. Isn't your quote at the top a dead giveaway? Maybe you need to real it in a bit dude.

i was just joking fella geez..i wouldnt really want to help such a hateful person as yourself anyway..get a sense of humor

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I never called the Atheist Alliance anything but an "organization".

McGotti said, "atheism isn�t organized as far as i know."

So I showed him otherwise.

You also said

What religion (including atheism) doesn�t have many trains (or �sects�) of beliefs, MrRadical?

So I responded. Stay on one track. You call athiests, people who believe in Godlessness, a religion(which currently makes no sense), and in addition say that an athiest organization is not a religion, but wait.. plain athiesm is a religion? How is that so?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Rarely do people say negative things about buddhists.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

i was just joking fella geez..

So was I man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join