It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Critters On Mars? Check This Out!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Here is an old thread I had started on possible trees on Mars, Check it out, some great pictures, that as of yet, have not been fully addressed. I am still hoping that we get new photos of this region of Mars.
Check it out!

No more new images... but some important Earth based satellite images of trees seen from space to compare too..

Trees on Mars?

[edit on 2-4-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Now, you cannot tell me that that "rock" there was formed by any known natural formation process. Should anyone be able to explain how such a thing could have come about, I'd be VERY anxious to hear what it is.
TheBorg

Okay lemme try then....

THE CASE FOR TURRITELLA'S

I put this all together last night after ArMaP found this incredible piece of evidence... that photo is littered with "turritella fossils"

And as to the "hand", the nature of these fossils when eroding from the host rock (which would be soft sandstone or mudstone) is to stick out in all directions. Since the "fossil" itself is a much harder material it will survive even millions of years exposed. It does so here on Earth, I see no reason it wouldn't on Mars as well...

I will post the link to the page rather than fill the thread as there are a lot of sample images with this one...

Take a moment to look it over...

FOSSIL EVIDENCE ON MARS #2
and the original page is here...
FOSSIL EVIDENCE ON MARS #1

Considering the fact that Mars was once covered in massive oceans as evidence now proves, it is incomprehensible to me that we WOULDN'T find some fossil evidence in the sediments...

Now as to the "hand"...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
ArMap...

Have a look at this one....

I think that is part of the rock and not an independent object.

And I do not think it is like one of those examples in your site, to me this looks to be all the same type of material and not a fossil stuck on some solidified ground.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Here is an old thread I had started on possible trees on Mars, Check it out, some great pictures, that as of yet, have not been fully addressed. I am still hoping that we get new photos of this region of Mars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out!

Yeah Darkblade, seen them and a lot of other similar 'tree' pics on Mars too. Check out Zorgon's post above in which he has shown the striking similarity of Earth trees to those on Mars. Now if this is actually some sort of plant life on Mars, then there must be critters too!! Wow!!

Cheers!

[edit on 2-4-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What is this, Zorg? A fossil of a crinoid, you say?
Is that circular raised area formed by the fossil or
testing equipment used on the area?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

What is this, Zorg? A fossil of a crinoid, you say?
Is that circular raised area formed by the fossil or
testing equipment used on the area?

Actually its a sea urchin... but it does show a simple ancient "critter" that could look like a claw... and Borg asked for an explanation on how a natural process could look like that.

It has been pretty much accepted that Mars was once a water world. There is evidence that so was Venus and even Mercury at some point... since life on Earth began in the seas... I do not see it a far stretch to be finding simple fossils on Mars like the Turritella...

To me it would be a feal far stretch for a huge ocean to NOT contain basic life forms.

I think its time to do a letter writing campaign and see what I can shake loose from the "experts"

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You got some people to message? If ya got too many, just ship some over here, and I'll get em for ya. U2U or email me. We can even open a dialogue thread for the responses we receive from them. Just a thought, of course.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
You got some people to message? If ya got too many, just ship some over here, and I'll get em for ya. U2U or email me. We can even open a dialogue thread for the responses we receive from them. Just a thought, of course.

TheBorg

Herr Borg I have the names and phone numbers of so many officials it would make yer hair stand on end...

So ummmm how do I know I can trust you with such material?

But I will email you... if you are serious I could use some help tracking down a couple documents...

But sending the pic to different offices to see what response we get would be good.

When I talked to the USGS about the Clementine images I got the same standard form letter response about color issues that everyone else did..

After follow up and explaining " a few things" patty was a lot more forthcoming with info... even pointed me to a few other departments... and apparently was very happy about the hits they received on their NEW mapper after we presented it on ATS and Pegasus

The interesting thing is that every official pdf file, (you know, the ones that we post to back our claims that NO ONE ever reads..) all come with direct contact info

You just have to be unafraid to write government officials. It does however open a can of worms... you would be surprised at how these letters bounce through departments

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

You just have to be unafraid to write government officials. It does however open a can of worms... you would be surprised at how these letters bounce through departments

And how do we know we'll get the right answers? Don't you think it's a waste of time writing to these government dudes? We don't hafta be clairvoyants to guess what their answers will be!

So what next? Get as many as one can get aboard Pegasus to build a huge movement that'll force disclosure!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Moving Critters?

OK, here’s a ‘critter’ that’s probably MOVING!! The clip is part of the movie taken by the Rover. It is composed of the last 10 frames of rover movie sol 6.
Check out the movement in the smaller image which has been enlarged.

. .

Now I'll not bet on this one!! Because if you look at the movie carefully you'll notice that most of the stones there are also giving the impression of 'movement' (Link of the movie is below).

But anyway, this does look interesting!

Source: rover movie sol6

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
yeah, it looks kinda like vegetation blowing in the breeze, or some wispy thing that's been snagged on the rock and wind is flapping it around

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
i take that back. you're right. the whole area appears to be moving, but that one spot, is the most interesting so far. it looks like ..i dunno, reminds me of a venus flytrap but without all the thick hull. i notice it has that same effect on the big rock in the foreground too. so it may be an anomaly of the atmosphere. still, for that thing to bob up and down like that...
maybe a lichen of some sort? doesn't make alot of sense at this point.

every time i look at it again, i see something else that makes me think its some kind of heat effect, as far as the whole area having the same kind of moving, shimmering quality, on it. then i see that original area you highlighted and it looks like more than heat effects again.

weird thingy you found!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think it's just the result of joining all those images and making an animated GIF with them.

GIF files are limited to 256 colours, so when we use more than one image the 256 colours must be all the colours of all images. If all those images have, for example, 300 different shades of grey, some of those shades must be converted to one of the shades already used in the GIF palette.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Beth, check out the ground (Left to right) just beyond the Rover, in the B/W image you posted above. Looks like it's been tampered with (Especially the area just above the Rover!) Compare that to the surrounding area and you'll see what I mean. The res looks completely different.

But hey! I could be wrong!

Cheers!

[edit on 7-4-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have no idea what you think you're seeing other than the jerky motion that from having too few frames recording too much time. Remember the nanny cam cases where people were charged with shaking/dropping infants? The Rover didn't fly there by itself and the platform it rolled off of has a camera on it. THIS is what took pics of the Rover. These rocks look no more like animals than clouds in the sky do on a lazy summer's day. Seriously, this is silly. As an astrobiologist, I would be the first one celebrating if life is discovered on Mars but so far, I have not seen anything to indicate it exists there now. However, there IS evidence of liquid water present periodically on the surface and it is possible that even larger amounts lie beneath the surface. Hope remains and it is still worth investigating further but we can't break out the champagne just yet, guys.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
I have no idea what you think you're seeing other than the jerky motion that from having too few frames recording too much time. Remember the nanny cam cases where people were charged with shaking/dropping infants? The Rover didn't fly there by itself and the platform it rolled off of has a camera on it. THIS is what took pics of the Rover. These rocks look no more like animals than clouds in the sky do on a lazy summer's day. Seriously, this is silly. As an astrobiologist, I would be the first one celebrating if life is discovered on Mars but so far, I have not seen anything to indicate it exists there now. However, there IS evidence of liquid water present periodically on the surface and it is possible that even larger amounts lie beneath the surface. Hope remains and it is still worth investigating further but we can't break out the champagne just yet, guys.

I don't smoke pot. Not sure if anyone else does here, but I don't. The only way to really see what he's talking about in that video clip, is to put the entire thing in animation program, zoom the entire animation so you can see it better, and then watch over the big rock above the position of the machine. there's something there, just quickly bobbing up and down, that's not part of the rock or the sand, or any of the movement. it's hard to see in the little piece posted on this thread. you need to zoom the whole animated sequence. it doesn't become visible though, till the last 4 or so frames, when the rover makes the last turn before the end of the clip.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I SWEAR that when I saw that picture of the Mars rock, the exact same image of the Lock Ness Monster popped into my head!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
As an astrobiologist, I would be the first one celebrating if life is discovered on Mars but so far, I have not seen anything to indicate it exists there now. However, there IS evidence of liquid water present periodically on the surface and it is possible that even larger amounts lie beneath the surface. Hope remains and it is still worth investigating further but we can't break out the champagne just yet, guys.

So there IS water on Mars! If so, Water = Life = Evolution. But then, if there were organic life forms on Mars, then that life had to evolve like it did on Earth, over millions of years though probably not in the same fashion. It's natural.

As you are aware, evolution generally results from three processes of random mutation to genetic material, random genetic drift, and non-random natural selection. Or is it that this process of evolution ONLY applies to Earth and nowhere else in the universe?

So now the point is, at what stage has or had this evolution reached on Mars?

In 1993, Baross and UW colleague Jody Deming published a paper entitled "Deep-sea smokers: The paper states that superthermophilic microorganisms inhabit pressurized environments beneath deep-sea hydrothermal vents. These super-organisms not only exist, but thrive at temperatures up to and possibly beyond 150o Centigrade (more than 300o Fahrenheit), setting a new limit at which life can exist.

After Baross and Deming published their paper, John Parkes discovered bacteria in a marine sediment core that substantiated the idea of superthermophilic organisms. While working with the NSF-funded Ocean Drilling Project, Parkes, of the United Kingdom's University of Bristol, discovered bacteria that lives at a temperature of 169o Centigrade.

"We believe that the study of extreme environments on Earth and the life they support," says Mike Purdy, coordinator of the new NSF initiative, "is the most effective way of understanding how and where life may exist on other planets and what the limits of life might be on our own."

Research supported by LexEn is expected to lead to the discovery of a diverse group of microorganisms, the lifestyles and biology of which can now only be guessed, Purdy adds.

Right! We are only NOW beginning to understand the existence of life in extreme conditions on Earth. Mars is a long way off! But I guess Mars isn't all that bad!!

Cheers!!

More.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Breaking News.... Must see Video

NASA shows absolute proof of Alien activity on Mars...

www.maasdigital.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join