It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Confessions' Of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Really? I think its freaking great that people in this country seem to be developing some independent thought. Id like to see these polls though, do you happen to have a link to the CNN poll?
Ill look for it myself as well, if I find it or any others like it, ill post them here and thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying
Im just glad that americans seem to finally be waking up to the bs they are fed...look at the cnn poll regarding whether or not they believe the confessions....its like 3 outta 4 people don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here is an interesting story regarding 9/11 supposedly written by a Ret Col in the USMC.

Statement of Lt. Col. Shelton F. Lankford, US Marine Corps (ret)
Retired U.S. Marine Corps Fighter Pilot
February 20, 2007

This isn't about party, it isn't about Bush Bashing. It about our country. The following is not a great analogy, but it will have to do.

Suppose you went on vacation and asked your neighbor to watch your house - gave him a key. You get a call while away and it's your neighbor describing how some burglers were seen going through your house. You rush home find your house ransacked with lots of breakage, and go next door to talk to the neighbor. He tells you that he called the police that night but it took them an hour and 1/2 to get there, even though the police station is a couple of blocks away. You notice some objects in his living room that look like stuff you had. In fact his kids are wearing clothes you swear were in your children's closets. You quiz him closer and ask him to describe the thieves. They are all 5'10" and have beards, and were wearing black masks, and there were 19 of them. Nobody else saw them. You notice your neighbor has a new TV - he has often admired your set - and it is just like yours that was taken. The police don't have any record of any calls at the time the burglers were allegedly there. Your front door has no damage and they can't find out how the thieves could have got in. Then after a while you notice little lies being told by the neighbor, about other things. He claims that he returned all the tools he borrowed from you and bought some just like them, but you can't find yours.
Are you suspicious yet?

Here is the rest of the story

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
According to the Asia Times on 9/11/02 Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was shot dead by police during a raid.

KARACHI - Ever since the frenzied shootout last month on September 11 in Karachi there have been doubts over whether Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the self-proclaimed head of al-Qaeda's military committee, died in the police raid on his apartment. Certainly, another senior al-Qaeda figure, Ramzi Binalshibh, widely attributed as being the coordinator of the September 11 attacks on the United States a year earlier, was taken alive and handed over to the US. The latest information is that he is on a US warship somewhere in the Gulf. Now it has emerged that Kuwaiti national Khalid Shaikh Mohammed did indeed perish in the raid, but his wife and child were taken from the apartment and handed over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), in whose hands they remain.
www.atimes.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
During his confession, we are told, KSM has also allegedly claimed that he killed Danny Pearl.
Funny how British-born Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh has been sentenced to death for abducting and murdering US journalist Daniel Pearl.
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Rotator]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Because dead men tell no tales, Rotator. By now they probably have emails rigged up between the two--three, with Saddam too.

Levin was behind a window watching the tribunal proceedings on closed circuit tv. I'll be looking for his personal observations of how it went.

Were any press invited? Or is this all Pentagon PR release?

Kronos, I've heard the Lankford analogy before, just can't place where it's been years. But long before 2.07 so it's a retread too.

I'd like to know where Dick Cheney's been thru all this.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Cheney visited Pakistan a couple of weeks ago, this week the confession, makes me laugh.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Rotator, I'm not sure what to make of the Asia article. Disinformation?

Here's another take on the KSM Danny Pearl claim:

How True Are The True Confessions Of The Terror Mastermind?

In overseas media his Pearl connection is being associated with the Islamacist campaign in Kashmir, not Pakistan or Afghanistan. A British-born citizen, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, who is profiled in the film, was sentenced to death by a Pakistani court for Pearl's murder in June 2002, but has appealed the verdict.

What do we make of this public disclosure of Mohammad's "confession?" It comes at a time when a growing scandal in the Justice Department and setbacks in Iraq and Afghanistan has the Bush Administration reeling. The claims that this larger than life, almost comic-book-like "super terrorist" have made certainly adds weight to the War on Terror and Bush's campaign to hunt down and kill those responsible for 9/11.

Getting the "mastermind" was a big "get" when it happened and his revelations certainly have positioned him to joining world's worst list. (It was the Pakistanis who got him, not the super sleuths of the CIA.) The Guardian reported that his long list of terror operations--most of which failed--were greeted "with shock and skepticism in almost equal measure." The NY Times downplayed their concerns near the end of their story, on page A23, saying matter of factly, "It is not clear how many of Mr. Mohammed's expansive claims were legitimate." Note the word "expansive." The AP reports that an "official"-not named-believes that his claims are exaggerated.

...on page A23

How DID this guy end up in Gtmo? And where are his wife and children now?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
An official (not named) believes he is exaggerating his comments/confessions?
LOL you think? I wonder why there hasnt been more of a reaction from someone in the administration on these so called confessions?
I really find it hard to believe that the release of this story/information was timed to pull attention away from the US Attorney firings..
Now im not saying that these kinds of things arent done but to be honest with you I just dont see this as that big a deal, thats just my opinion though.
Also, I believe that someones already mentioned this but hasnt someone already been tried/convicted for the murder of Daniel Pearl?

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Rotator, I'm not sure what to make of the Asia article. Disinformation?

Here's another take on the KSM Danny Pearl claim:

How True Are The True Confessions Of The Terror Mastermind?

In overseas media his Pearl connection is being associated with the Islamacist campaign in Kashmir, not Pakistan or Afghanistan. A British-born citizen, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, who is profiled in the film, was sentenced to death by a Pakistani court for Pearl's murder in June 2002, but has appealed the verdict.

What do we make of this public disclosure of Mohammad's "confession?" It comes at a time when a growing scandal in the Justice Department and setbacks in Iraq and Afghanistan has the Bush Administration reeling. The claims that this larger than life, almost comic-book-like "super terrorist" have made certainly adds weight to the War on Terror and Bush's campaign to hunt down and kill those responsible for 9/11.

Getting the "mastermind" was a big "get" when it happened and his revelations certainly have positioned him to joining world's worst list. (It was the Pakistanis who got him, not the super sleuths of the CIA.) The Guardian reported that his long list of terror operations--most of which failed--were greeted "with shock and skepticism in almost equal measure." The NY Times downplayed their concerns near the end of their story, on page A23, saying matter of factly, "It is not clear how many of Mr. Mohammed's expansive claims were legitimate." Note the word "expansive." The AP reports that an "official"-not named-believes that his claims are exaggerated.

...on page A23

How DID this guy end up in Gtmo? And where are his wife and children now?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here is a quote from another story that pretty much sums it up nicely.

Almost every major European terrorism expert does not believe the Mohammed confession and they have been on state-owned and private news networks in Europe stating that the confession has more to do with Bush's failures in Iraq than in any credible connection with the three dozen terrorist plots claimed by Mohammed.

Source of story

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Some familys appear to confess quite willingly.
KSM was the uncle of Ramzi Yousef who also confessed to the FBI that he planned to assassinate Clinton in the Philippines by blowing up his motorcade with a missile or explosives.

Both were known to be Pakistani ISI agents.

ISI by its own admission is funded by the CIA.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
AH yes, using the old 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon to claim the ISI is part of the CIA.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join