It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of Champ has vanished! Or has it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Looking at the images again, it looks like what I thought to be another creature's head is just a wave. Has anyone been able to find any more images or clips of the video?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bledforit
Thanks again and still waiting for the fishermen out there to give me some feedback as my experience with Pike / Muskie is limited, thanks again. Rick.

I'm familiar with Pike/Muskie, and that is still what I think it it. First off they do not have eye lids. I think someone asked this earlier. I really see nothing conclusive on this being anything but a large fish(s). The coloration is very similiar to a northern pike, and its about the right size. If you watch the whole clip and see the swirl in the water before the camara focuses in on the side of the boat, this 'swirl' I believe is bait fish being chased by a larger fish(s). Pike and Muskie are ambush predators, but for anyone that fishes for them will tell you that they will swim right up to the boat chasing a lure.

I do not know as much about Champ as I do about Nessie, but I know many Nessie sightings can be attributed to either eels or sturgeons.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Have you npticed how many lake/sea creatures that are listed as a crypto?

Take:

Loch Ness Monster/Champ/Ogopogo/Megalodon/Sea Serpents/Rainbow Serpents

Strange. Very strange INDEED.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hey Folks.

Well, I see people have actually posted on this thread. It didn't seem like it was going to catch on, but thanks!

Still no sign of that video. I have plenty of people looking, and thanks to all of you that have let me know you were looking. But, no luck so far.

Personally, I think this video is the "smoking gun".
Anyway. I have read that some readers believe that the animals in the video are fish. Sturgeons, Muskie or Pike. Well, I have been doing some homework for you. I have accumulated a large collection of images, and I can tell you that the video in question is NOT of any known fresh water fish.

To be honest, since taking a better look at the stills I have of the video, I have started to think the answer to this mystery may be even more exotic than a lake serpent, or a dinosaur.

But, I am getting ahead of myself. First, allow me to show you so pictures. This, by no means, is all of the images. But, I am hoping they will show you what I am talking about.

I will be listing jpegs on here, but also have the same images with a little more detail.

If you have any ideas, imaging investigation experience, or any helpful input, please let me know. If you want to see more, please let me know. If you want to see images of the few large fish in Lake Champlain, please let me know.

We have something strange here, and I have a few theories, but hey, I'm just a regular guy. Well, here we go...

#a45 This is a highlighted image that shows that the creatures are elongated
i138.photobucket.com...

#a46 This is the original image before highlighted in #45.
i138.photobucket.com...

#a31 This highlighted images to give a better glimpse of what we are possibly looking at. It is a large jump from a45 and a46, but, I wanted to catch your attention. It also explains why I posted the previous images. These pictures depict a creature with such a bulbous head, atop a long neck, I wanted to first show you just how elongated that neck is.
i138.photobucket.com...

#32 Again, here is the same image as a45, just without the highlighting.
i138.photobucket.com...

Enjoy.

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Horrificus]

````````````````````````````
Edited pics... stretching page

[edit on 28/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here are some more images as the creature comes closer to the surface, and into better view. Again, I will show the original with the highlighted version.

highlighted
i138.photobucket.com...

original
i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

i138.photobucket.com...

I thought maybe I should start a new thread for these stills, and keep this one going to find the full video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/23/2007 by Horrificus]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited Pics... stretching page

[edit on 28/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Howdy, I was wonderin, has anyone here, have any info on this well know pic??

this link has the info... paranormal.about.com...

Thanks ,

Ruff

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Howdy, I was wonderin, has anyone here, have any info on this well know pic??

this link has the info... paranormal.about.com...

Thanks ,

Ruff

That is one of the great old pics. Still never explained.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It might be a close up of a snake or an oar fish.

Both have bodies that would match that shape.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
It might be a close up of a snake or an oar fish.

Both have bodies that would match that shape.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

A snake would not remain stationary underwater, opening it's mouth. And, it would have to be a huge snake to have a head that large.

An oar fish is saltwater, and, again, has a different shaped, sized head.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I know the exact footage your talking about and I've been looking for it too! You used to be able to find it on ABC.com when it was featured on GMA. In my opinion Champ is real. Just look at the Sandra Mansi photo which was proven to be genuine. www.voanews.com...

How can anyone discount what was in that photo is beyond me! The creature looks just like the one in the video. I agree it's odd why there's no record of the video any longer. Maybe ABC has the answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just found the interview with the fisherman on this website. I "googled" the names of the fisherman and they both live in Vermont. Just in case the website vanishes here's what was said in the interview.

We have perhaps the most convincing evidence of Champ yet now that, as ABC News eloquently puts it, "two respected, not crazy fishermen have videotaped . . . something."

"It was as big around as my thigh," said fisherman Peter Bodette. "I'm 100 percent sure of what we saw. I'm not 100 percent sure of what it was."

"It made my hair stand on end at the time," said fisherman Dick Affolter. "It just didn't fit anything — any creature I had seen."

Affolter said they never saw the entire body.

"What we saw always stayed at the surface and parts of it would come above the water, like the back of the nose or the head," he said.

The leading theory is that the creature is a sturgeon, but Bodette and Affolter didn't see fins. "A sturgeon without fins? That's like a yellow perch (Perca flavescens) without six to eight dark vertical bands!"

You can find the above at thegoodreverend.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Those stills are very creepy, gives me the chills. I cant believe we cant find the footage! If we could find it, it would be very cool since its in focus and very close up!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Has anybody heard anything new on the disappearance of Dennis Hall?

The Founder and Director of ChampQuest.

Well, here is a link to "that" particular story:

Dennis Hall missing

Way back when I started this thread, and actively trying to hunt down this missing footage, Dennis was one of the few people that actually got back to me.

The last thing he said, was that he had been trying to find it also, and would get back to me.

Now, he's gone too. Apparently.

[edit on 6/23/2007 by Horrificus]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
here is the "Champ" footage.

Haven't heard any updates or recent reports or pictures, or films.

Has any new info on Champ come about, Eh ?

www.youtube.com...

source =abc news/ u-tube

[edit on 28-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Has there been any newer interest in this topic from any of you out there?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

for something that was a big deal for along time, I haven't seen or heard any updates (except for the re-release of the film folks were looking for 'see a few post above where I put ABC news film) from searchers.

Any new creatures of the lakes and sea sightings folks no about?? Please share!

film :www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I still think this is one of the best films of a sea monster close-up.

Does anyone know of any current research going on for the search for Champ? ( or any strange lake or sea creature).

SEE film here >>> www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone else think that those 2 bodies are actually 2 separate fins attached to a larger body?

To me that seems pretty clear.

If you see it as 2 fins attached to a larger torso, like I do, then you have something fairly large in the water.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I thought I would give this thread, and the one below, a kick in the butt, and see if anybody has any update on this situation.

Stills from the Partial Champ Video

The missing video was the "smoking gun", and there was never any follow-up, answer or concern about how it just disappeared from the sites that had it available.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Has the footage of Champ ever been seen again?

<< 1    3 >>

join