It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father says "Tigger" hit his son at Disney park

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the character “Tigger” was accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo, a spokeswoman for the theme park said Saturday.

Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son, Jerry Jr., posing with the costumed character at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

Video and story here: www.msnbc.msn.com...

First of all - I saw the video. And from what I saw the "Tigger" was either...

a) Trying to put his arm over the kid and....missed

or

b) Just joking around with the kid. It's not like he jumped him.

And even if he was just messing around the father doesn't have to make a huge scene about it. Tigger is a cartoon character anyway.

I'd hate to be the kid. He'll be at school... " Haha, theres the kid who got punched by Tigger"

I say to the dad, quit being a baby.

By the way, theres tons more important news than this. Sorry.

mod edit: changed to external quote tags
Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 8-1-2007 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 8/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The old man want to use his kid as a potential route into Walt's deep pockets. He's gonna sue, then "settle" for a nice sum to keep the matter quiet. As is usually the case with these matters, the Dizzyland folks must weight the potential PR pain against a few bucks to silence a buffoon whi is 'gaming' the legal system.

Sad that we have to put up with idiots like this, but our own society has created him an his kind. Unfortunately, lots of pre-press coverage will only drive up the 'settlement' price. Like the 'hot-crotch-coffee' from McDonalds, this one won't be cheap, probably to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. Look for a little spike in you next admission price (or Tigger trinket) at the Dizzy store.

Thanks for reminding us about the rather disgusting opportunists in our midsts. Watch your rear-view mirrors...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Tigger touched me inappropriately when I went to Disney World. I hope that menace gets what's coming to him. Just to think, that big pussy has been abusing kids since I was young.

Maybe scenes like this will one day be a thing of the past.

We can only hope

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

I say to the dad, quit being a baby.

By the way, theres tons more important news than this. Sorry.

I agree 100%.

I think the dad is just looking for some attention....and money....

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Come on, who wouldnt like to be punched by tigger, it would be an amusing story to tell your grandkids, seriously, I WANT to be punched by tigger, I will even pay him (or does tigger even have a gender) They should stop complaining and look at the humor in this.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
For some reason or another, "Tigger" wraps his right arm around the boy's arm at the elbow and pulls up. You can see that at this point the boy begins to bounce up and down as though he is, at the very least, in some discomfort. "Tigger" then delivers a roundhouse punch to the boy's face. The blow was hard enough to turn the boy's head to one side.

What is missing is the context and what the boy might have done to "Tigger" with his left hand that might have made "Tigger" respond instinctively in that way.

So, for whatever reason, "Tigger" clocked this kid, but as Siegfried and Roy would tell anyone who asks, "You can take the tiger out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the tiger.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If was a good father he wouldnt want to make his son out to be a little bitch all over the nation. Got punched by Tigger so lets complain about it?
Hell, no! You get punched by Tigger you lay his big, foam-headed ass out cold!

But this is modern America. We all cry , whine and complain when things dont go our way rather than just deal with it, fix it and move on. Just a bunch of spoiled brats looking for a handout.

Where the hell did pride go?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Watch the vid again. It looks like the kid was going for Tigger's zipper from the back, and tigger just tried to push him away. Even as Tigger tried to get away on his own, the kid hopped to his left just a little, like he had something he didn't want to let go of.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, as anyone can see, both the boy and "Tigger" were smiling throughout the incident, so it couldn't have been too serious.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Even as Tigger tried to get away on his own, the kid hopped to his left just a little, like he had something he didn't want to let go of.

Like Tigger's tail. The kid was up to something. The look on his face clearly shows that. He may have even said something to Tigger. He just didn't expect Tigger to haul off and slap him.

I'm not saying Tigger was right to clock the kid, but I would have probably done the same thing in his position.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
But it doesn't look like he clocked him. It just looks like he pushed him away....in his face.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is BS. Can you say CA-CHING? I agree. It looks to me that the kid was doing something behind Tigger and Tigger simply turned in attempt to get the kid off him. Since he's in a suit you can't tell if he closed his fist but it seems doubtful. They said on the news that family had saved for 5yrs to make the trip. So clearly they have a great deal of financial motivation to sue. It sux. Poor Walt.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

First of all - I saw the video. And from what I saw the "Tigger" was either...

a) Trying to put his arm over the kid and....missed

or

b) Just joking around with the kid. It's not like he jumped him.

It doesn't look like that to me. You can see "tigger" wrap his right arm around the boy's arm and then slug him with the left. It appears that the boy was doing something to tigger though to provoke this. I'd slug the kid also if he was fing with me. These people have to put up with brats like that all day long. I don't blame the guy in the suit for slugging a spoiled brat that was fing with him or his costume. The kid looked old enough to know better and deserved what he got.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That sure didn't look like a hit to me. It just looked like a push. Maybe the kind of slow motion moves you make when mock fighting for a video camera to show off.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It looks to me as if the kid was trying to possibly unzip the tigger suit? He has a smartass grin on his face the whole time! If i was tigger, that kid would have gotten a whole lot more of a push...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah, it does look like that now that I've seen it more carefully.

These lines are great though, "Tigger clocks kid in face"

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Tigger touched me inappropriately when I went to Disney World.

I had one of the chipmunks make a pass at me. I don't know if it was Chip or Dale. I also dont know if it was a guy or a girl in the costume! Really!

I saw the footage on TV this morning. Looks like the teenager was trying to mess with Tigger's costume and it also looks like Tigger has had some Marshal Arts training. He locked that kids arm really well. He didn't clobber the kid but just hit him gently enough to make the brat stop.

The kid was a brat. Tigger has had other problems .... I don't know who was in the costume for the other problems .. but I remember hearing about it on the news, sometime last year I think.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Tigger touched me inappropriately when I went to Disney World.

To this day I ask myself
"Why not Snow White, or Cinderella"

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are two charges Tigger can be sued for, Battery or Negligence.

The negligence case will probably fail. If Tigger negligently hit the kid with his paws by accident, the kid will still not win because in order to win in a negligence case, a plaintiff must prove he suffered some injury. In this case, it does not appear that the kids suffered any physical or emotional injuries.

The battery case may be successful. Battery requires that Tigger acted intentionally and that he he touched the kid in a harmful or offensive way. If Tigger were only joking around when he hit the kid, the law says that Tigger will still have acted intentionally. The question then becomes whether the punch was indeed harmful or offensive to the kid. It appears the kid was not hurt mentally or physically, but then again the blow could have left a bruise or something.

Even if the father proves a battery occured, the award he collects may be small (literally $1) as no real harm was done. This is no consoloation for Disney because if the father wins the case, the father will not have to pay Disney's attorney fees. So basically, the father gets a free shot at Disney because the worst thing that can happen for the father is that he will walk away with $1, rather than losing the case and paying a lot in attorney's fees for himself and Disney.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

“The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it’s up to us to find out what led up to that.”
From link above.

Give em hell tigger - kid probably called him a pesky nerd who was better off dead.

Let it all out.
Heads are gonna roll.

You know if you get a tigger by the tail you gotta deal with the teeth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join