It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. has plans to return to the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by Ocelot
What a waste of money this is.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Ocelot]

All the people that say this.

you people just dont want to technologicly advance.

i do agree with you, but i dont really know how going to the moon for the 7th or whatever time will help technological advancement.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sftprez

Originally posted by Ocelot
What a waste of money this is.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Ocelot]

All the people that say this.

you people just dont want to technologicly advance.

i do agree with you, but i dont really know how going to the moon for the 7th or whatever time will help technological advancement.

with better equitment maybe they will find something usefull.

Also they havent been to the dark side of the moon.

maybe also we can get resources from there.

or make jumps from there to other places.

there alot of thing the moon can help with.

it all future.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Agreed Russian. Well said.

If they establish a base, we don't have to waste fuel exiting the atmosphere, which takes alot of fuel to get away from the gravity. If this isn't wasted, we can go to FARTHER distant planets with MORE fuel!

-wD

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Agreed Russian. Well said.

If they establish a base, we don't have to waste fuel exiting the atmosphere, which takes alot of fuel to get away from the gravity. If this isn't wasted, we can go to FARTHER distant planets with MORE fuel!

-wD

ah Web thanks for helping me make the point!

The gravity deos take alot of fuel.

without that we can go much farther as you said.

also it would be easier to get to mars without wasting half of the fuel just to exit the gravity.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Some of the most valuable research has been with chemistry in space. I'm no chemist, but I know there are things they can do that aren't possible on earth. They've done many other experiments most people never would imagine, in space.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Some of the most valuable research has been with chemistry in space. I'm no chemist, but I know there are things they can do that aren't possible on earth. They've done many other experiments most people never would imagine, in space.

Good point.

I agree with you.

Earth has its limitations

But in space those limitations are not there.

Thus it lets us to do more things in space cause the the less limitions.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
~Why would we wanna go "back" to the moon? Aliens live on that rock ya know. *Looks towards the sky and spaces out*

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
ill be interested to see how it plays out this time.....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
if there where as some of you say alien on the moon. there will be many reasons for them being there. maybe to withness a new step for the human race. if they threatened us it was propably because we where not ready for them. or because they didn't want to triger a nuclear war because of the state of situation which was going on at that time. Cold war between ussr and usa. but now thats over and we don;t use nukes anymore they may think we are ready now and they will not threaten us. because they have nothing to be afraid of.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
if there where as some of you say alien on the moon. there will be many reasons for them being there. maybe to withness a new step for the human race. if they threatened us it was propably because we where not ready for them. or because they didn't want to triger a nuclear war because of the state of situation which was going on at that time. Cold war between ussr and usa. but now thats over and we don;t use nukes anymore they may think we are ready now and they will not threaten us. because they have nothing to be afraid of.

there is NO aliens on the moon!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
but going back to the main isue I just found this at space.com

the ten reasons to go back too the moon..

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sftprez
REALLY!!?? 6 moon landings?? wow that is a LOT more than i thought there were.

I imagine there are probably alot of people who don't know this.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

yes i am also very excited to see how it goes. However i hate to have to wait 15 years to find out.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

I'm anxiously waiting on the development myself...waste of money, distraction tactic or not...I'm curious....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

there is NO aliens on the moon!

i agree there are no aliens on the moon. Mars...maybe...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nah, does no one here but Russian understand that without wasting fuel exiting the atmosphere, we will be able to travel FARTHER into space?

Come on...isn't that enough reason right there? If they establish a base up there, think of the possibilites..

1) Better place to launch shuttles / rockets / sattelites

2) Can do better experiments without the limits of physical Earth as we know it

3) How cool would it be to live on the moon hehehe

-wD

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Nah, does no one here but Russian understand that without wasting fuel exiting the atmosphere, we will be able to travel FARTHER into space?

Come on...isn't that enough reason right there? If they establish a base up there, think of the possibilites..

-wD

yes i do realize that. It is a very interesting concept. Hopefully we will be able to do it in the near future. I'm not sure how soon it will be, though, since we aren't even going to the moon for another 15 years or so.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   

-wD

The only problem there is going to be is there is NO OXYGEN on the Moon.

So we will have to make some advacements on the rockets.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
A colony on the moon would be a huge step in space travel. It would allow for more distant travel, but that travel would be limited due to our still "rocket propulsion". Once we implement a new propulsion system, distant travel will be much more accesible.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xinfallibility
A colony on the moon would be a huge step in space travel. It would allow for more distant travel, but that travel would be limited due to our still "rocket propulsion". Once we implement a new propulsion system, distant travel will be much more accesible.

I agree with you.

butr one step at a time please!

with being on the moon we can go farther.

and later upgrade to rockets and then we can go EVEN further!!!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join