It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. has plans to return to the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Don't ya'll get BUFFALOed...or Horn-swaggled !!

it's all a NWO enterprise!

remember a few facts & connect the dots.....

1996 Clinton re-election monies donated by China (thru various schemes)
the sudden China advancements in missle launching & orbital insertions & guidance & Space Technology in general.

Present american economic profile...we are becoming a Service Industry Nation...
A massive govt 'invigoration'--> by inviting private enterprise to build up a 'moon colony' programme.
[to address the unemployment-technical industry-& nationalist/patriotic agendas]

the recent China pledge to land on the moon...2008CE
[will ultimately become a joint venture with USA] for obvious economic, political reasons...

The leaking or selling of space technology was going on since the 1990s....in an effort to have China become a member of the astronaut/cosmonaut club...the WNO is arranging for a joint US/China/ 'moon colony' mission...
the NWO is arranging the Corporations/Conglomerates to capitalize in this Space Technology, as they have already done with food/fuels/medicines/& almost all religions.
~~~

heres a pictorial of what i think this similar to:

AN INDUSTRIOUS little BUGGER, eh?

But - the DUNG BEETLE is still only...pushing DUNG !!
~~~

keep your eyes open,
to enjoy your journey...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I wonder who will be the director... Both Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas are probably too old by then. Then again; who needs a director when a special-effects studio is doing more than 50% of all the work already.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I believe that we (the US) are just trying to beat China. haha we always have to be the first to do everything not to mention having to be the best.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Even though it's probably not a productive trip, I'd like to see a televised moon landing. I was only 1 yr old when it happened last time.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I didn't actually happen the first time

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sorry, but that's ignorance.

www.redzero.demon.co.uk...

Wait a minute! Didn't we only land on the moon once? That article says it's only been 31 years. I was quite young, but I was under the impression that it was only once in 1969?
Maybe there's a reason I always thought I remembered watching it on TV?

It has been 31 years since a U.S. astronaut last walked on the moon...

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They landed on the moon more than once but you should know that.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why should I know that? I never professed to know and/or remember everything. You seem to have made that claim for me.
You're just an angry troll.

I had to go look it up. Apparently, they didn't teach us this when I went to school, and I was 4yrs old at the time. That does explain why I vaguely remember television coverage, then.

Commander, Apollo 17--Gene Cernan became the last man to walk on the surface of the Moon during this 1972 mission.

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Now you have educated the rest of us too. Good work.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't mention it, Neocon.

jra

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yep there were 6 moon landings (would have been 7 if AP-13 didn't run into trouble). All done within 3 years or so. Pretty impressive really.

I mean, we already have ion engines (now that was a neat little breakthrough they kept quiet) so we can make journey's quicker than times of old.

Well maybe you've only just learnt of the ion engines, but they've been around for a while now. It wasn't ever anything that was kept quiet. There's tons of info on them out there. Here's the site of Deep Space One. It had an ion engine and was launched back in 1998 nmp.jpl.nasa.gov...

It's just that the average public could really care less. That's why it wasn't made that big of a deal. Plus they don't make all trips faster in space. They take a long time to accelerate. Going from here to the moon would probably be better with some thing else rather then ion engines. But for really long distance stuff, say to mars and further they would be good.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
REALLY!!?? 6 moon landings?? wow that is a LOT more than i thought there were.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ont of the reasons to go back to the moon is to eventually set up a giant solar-powered laser which will be able to nudge meteorites out of any path that intersects with the Earth. I think this is reason enough to go there.

My main concern would be that if the mission was a catastrophic failure, what would happen to NASA's funding?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Don't mention it, Neocon.

You are welcome demon.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

in this topic some links to news ( videos )

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Ont of the reasons to go back to the moon is to eventually set up a giant solar-powered laser which will be able to nudge meteorites out of any path that intersects with the Earth. I think this is reason enough to go there.

My main concern would be that if the mission was a catastrophic failure, what would happen to NASA's funding?

wow ive never heard about that.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i dont see the point in going to the moon

I remember reading something a long time ago about hostile aliens inhabiting the moon and that is why we dont land on it anymore, its probably bs but their was a website that hade some pretty good evidence. if anyone remembers the site please post it

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by weeman]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It doesn't have anything resembling 'pretty good evidence'

Also Zzub, wouldn't a laser be an incredibly inefficient way of pushing asteroids around? (If not impossible)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Huh, FULCRUM you pointed out a good detail...15 years seem kinda long doesn't it? I would think in the next 1 - 2 years for planning and stuff, ya know..but 15..

Anyways, once they do go, they could set up a base or something, so they do not have to waste fuel getting out of the atmosphere, hence they can go farther into space..that is one of the biggest reasons right there.

EDIT: Come on people, why does everyone bash the U.S. on everything..the military, all the NWO crap, and now not even landing on the moon. As the most powerful country in the world, I am pretty sure we have landed all 6 times, not conspiracy - science.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
What a waste of money this is.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Ocelot]

All the people that say this.

you people just dont want to technologicly advance.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join