It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Mocks Steve Irwin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Your charachter has been clearly indicated.

For anyone who wishes to respond to this member, please read this first.

Do us all a favour and ignore his rantings.

Lets try to stay on topic with this thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
this is not funny and in extremely bad taste and should not be shown how is bindi going to take this when some idiot is saying that the death of her father is a joke the makers of this so called entertainment should be ashamed of themselves and should appologise to her and the rest of her family.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
South park is fair and balanced on the issues. They make fun of everybody. If you are offended then don't watch the show and stop buying from the advertisers. Take some real action rather than posting a useless rant that doesn't mean anything. Peace to all.....besides Irwin wasn't a morman.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
Take some real action rather than posting a useless rant that doesn't mean anything.

Well, this is a discussion board isn't it? Were all here to discuss different issues, so what else would I do here? I'm not here to change anything, I feel it was a controversial episode that we here on ATS were more than capable of discussing.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Take some real action rather than posting a useless rant that doesn't mean anything.

Well, this is a discussion board isn't it? Were all here to discuss different issues, so what else would I do here? I'm not here to change anything, I feel it was a controversial episode that we here on ATS were more than capable of discussing.

Then discuss it. You spend way to much time insulting rather than serious debate. I have went to great lengths to explain myself. Why can't you do that? Steve Irwin was made fun of on south park because he is and was a public figure. This happens all the time on many shows. Steve also had a fetish for crocs if you wanna beleive everything you hear on south park. I thought you were smarter than that Chris.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You spend way to much time insulting rather than serious debate. I have went to great lengths to explain myself.

No, your previous post was the first one that actually had some content. And I agree, people who are in the public eye open themselves up to scrutiny. I do not deny that, I agree with you. But saying you have gone to great lengths?

The bottom line is that steve irwin is in hell for what he did. South Park should be praised for their accurate report on Mr Irwin's afterlife.

His stupid accent and he was taking jobs from good honest hardworking Americans.

What does any of this have to do with the thread? The only great length I have gone through is keeping this on topic.

Your last post has had some valid content pertaining to the subject, I would hope you continue this trend. Rather than posting ignorant backhanded comments against the man Irwin was.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The bottom line is that steve irwin is in hell for what he did. South Park should be praised for their accurate report on Mr Irwin's afterlife.

His stupid accent and he was taking jobs from good honest hardworking Americans.

What did he do to deserve to end up in hell, aside from not being Mormon?

And who's job did he take? Jack Hannah's? That guy who was always on Leno? How can one man take the job of multiple Americans? Unless that last comment was meant to be a joke, in which case, please refer to Elaine Booslers guide to comedy. It's not much, but it's better than whatever you're working with.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
South Park has seriously gone over the line with this.

I'm sorry but, Steve Irwin was just a popular tv personality. They had ghandi in hell, for christ's sake. Ghandi, hanging out with Hitler. Thats far more insulting and 'over the top' than having some 'crazy australian' in hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I thought it was as insulting to say that Biggie Smalls was an evil entity made to scare children. I think that's more offensive on other levels. But, in true southpark nature, they managed to make it funny anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
To paraphrase the muhammad episode:

"Either its all ok to make fun of, or none of it is!"

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
To paraphrase the muhammad episode:

"Either its all ok to make fun of, or none of it is!"

Agreed. South park is equal in pass out the parodies. They make fun of everybody and everything. Besides what Steve did with his newborn baby and the croc was shameless and dangerous.
His is roasting in hell right now.....

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Comments like this really need to be kept to yourself.

I wish you would understand how these comments completely undermine your posts. You come with a valid statement, supported by an honest opinion. Then you finish up with something completely ignorant which leaves us scratching our heads.

Now you can respond by lashing out at me, but I honestly feel you could get your message across in a better way. If you feel Mr. Irwin is in the depths of hell, then fine your entitled to your opinion. But you should make an effort to present it in a more appropriate manner so you'll begin to recieve a valid response.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Comments like this really need to be kept to yourself.

I wish you would understand how these comments completely undermine your posts. You come with a valid statement, supported by an honest opinion. Then you finish up with something completely ignorant which leaves us scratching our heads.

Now you can respond by lashing out at me, but I honestly feel you could get your message across in a better way. If you feel Mr. Irwin is in the depths of hell, then fine your entitled to your opinion. But you should make an effort to present it in a more appropriate manner so you'll begin to recieve a valid response.

Chissler, I am sorry for the thing about irwin and him roasting. This was the wrong approach for this thread. I will stay on topic now. South Park has captured the attention that it gets by being outspoken on their material. I love the show and I can say too that I am offended by some of the comedy. But the bottom line is they are doing their job and it seems to be working for them. Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
What did he do to deserve a spot in hell? Please enlighten us because I know of nothing in his life that would do this...

[edit on 10/29/2006 by djohnsto77]

thats why you dont get SP. Princess freaking Diana and Ghandi are in hell. Thats why it is funny.

Anyone analysing why people are in SP hell are taking themselves way too seriously.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Oh see you have me mistaken. Easily offended is one thing I am not. Why would I be offended for what South Park has done? I am merely empathetic for the memory of Irwin and his family. If anything, it appears you have been offended by my stance.
No, I find your stance so laughable that it must be a lame attempt to try and rack up some points. You are easily offended if you have to start a topic because some minor celeb is made fun of. This episode hasnt even been aired in Australia so his family cannot have watched it yet.

And that is exactly why were discussing this in the Television Forum. It is just a tv show.
[edit on 28-10-2006 by chissler]
So why start a topic on it then? Oh yeah, the points.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Oh yeah, the points.

Oh My! The Points?

What does this thread have? 30 responses? 60 whole Points!

That is one approach I never even fathomed Flyer, your creativity is impressive.

But rather than going completely off topic, I'll inform you the points from this thread or any other thread are no concern of mine.

Why did I create this thread?

To Discuss it!

I really enjoy to discuss different topics. When I read the article, I felt it was something that we could deffinately have a great discussion on. And by god, look what happened! A great discussion broke out! So your constant insinuations that I have some secret motive behind this thread are a waste of bandwidth. I do enjoy your posts though, so I look forward to your next response.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

cool...so, points are irrelevant...created post to discuss it...some people think Steve irwin parody and SP are not ok...others dont care as they found it funny.

Well screw SP! I crossed the border of good taste with Steve long before they did...but at least i brought the lad back to life!

www.boxingscene.com...

I am expecting one of you anal types to at least tell me i am childish, immature and disgusting.

Please validate me...im sooo lonely.

heh

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join