It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK falling apart!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I hear kids on the bus boasting how they break their curfews and ASBO's all the time. I don't think they work initially in fact they seem to be proud of them.
Get them working.......community service - most of them hate this.
An ASBO is however the first line of defence... it gives Magistrates an excuse to send someone to prison for something they might not have done time for under normal circumstances....or so my wife tells me. She should know her mums a Judge. SO maybe in the long term it will work.

The reason why things are so different today - crime / yobs etc is I think a side effect of the modern world. The internet is fast - everything wants things now, they are not prepared to work for it - they will steal it instead. They are in competition with their peers as to how they look, how much bling thay have what clothes they wear. I think this started in the 80's - so many people got filthy rich at the expense of the poorer people who got left behind. The weaker less educated people wanted a bit of this and so they went out and got it. It's all about greed.
It amazes me how many unskilled uneducated people refuse to do certain jobs as they are 'above it' and refuse to do well at school (probably not their own fault it's the parents). SO they grow up and pass on the same though process to their kids etc ec...t. They prefer to remain on benefits..... but at the same time you can't get rid of benefits as innocent people who need them will be affected.
Perhaps castration after the 2nd Offense ?? Stop the rot.
Not entirely serious, but I do think about it sometimes !

<< 3  4  5   >>

join