It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Scorpion Planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have long been a big fan of Zechariah Sitchin
i think his books make the history of Sumer accessible for so many people who don't know how to read plain english at credible free sites like this

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...
and this
psd.museum.upenn.edu...
and this
www.etana.org...
and this
www.livius.org...
and this
www.mythome.org...
and this
the.iraq.museum...
and this
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...
and this
www.sacred-texts.com...
and this
www.sumerian.org...
and this
oi.uchicago.edu...
and this
www.pantheon.org...
and this
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

clearly with so many properly researched and credible sites available the benefit of reading the writings of a man who actually trained as an economist and who holds no historical or linguistic qualifications whatsoever must be overwhelmingly beneficial

the way he blends together Sumerian gods from 3500bce with akkadian gods from 2000bce with babylonian deities from 1000bce has always been for me the ultimate proof that for that to happen they must either have all been aliens or had access to some form of time travel technology
either that or Mr Sitchin got it wrong
and that of course is just impossible
obviously i realise that he has now revised the date of Nibirus return twice when it failed to show up but seeing as his bad heart condition diagnosis meant that he wasn't expected to live long enough to see it anyway must have caused him to forget to carry the one a few times, remember he never claimed to be a mathematician so i think thats just an oversight on his part and instantly forgivable

it all started when he discovered this cylinder seal at a berlin museum
its catalogued as VA243

now i realise of course that orthodox trained and qualified sumerologists to a man all say that this shows the Akitu festival which happened twice a year,
the first time being during the ancient world new year when the pleaides was in ascendence and which the sumerians used as a new year marker
and the second time being during the month of GIRTAB (scorpio) 6 months later
of course if that were the case then theyd be able to produce a very similar cylinder seal that has a scorpion in the same pllace that VA243 has twelve planets wouldn't they
and their claim that it shows the pleaides which the sumerians called MUL.MUL (star and stars) bears some consideration but i prefer the idea that it correctly shows the twelve planets in our solar system much better
and yes before anyone says anything i realise that officially there are now only 8 extra solar planets in our system since we just lost pluto but the Annunaki spacemen who actually flew past it must have known better so we'll have to take their word for it as translated by Zechariah. the orthodox sumerologists can't even spell Nibiru anyway. for some reason they spell it Neberu and claim it was a word that meant quay, port; crossing or ford and not a planet on a highly eliptical 3600 year orbit so what do they know eh

psd.museum.upenn.edu...
but having done a little research myself i have discovered something that mr Sitchin has missed
here is a cylinder seal that i found that shows another extra planet in our solar system
its just as valid as saying that VA243 shows twelve planets

as you can see it shows a huge scorpion shaped planet that can only be on an even more highly eliptical orbit than Nibiru or else Mr Sitchin would have discovered it long ago and been sure to mention it to his loyal fans the sitchenites already
because I can see no reason why he wouldn't mention it, can you

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
I have long been a big fan of Zechariah Sitchin

You're so wicked... really, really, really wicked. And that's a wonderful list of sites on original Sumerian sources and very readable English translations.

clearly with so many properly researched and credible sites available the benefit of reading the writings of a man who actually trained as an economist and who holds no historical or linguistic qualifications whatsoever must be overwhelmingly beneficial

I think he's also a journalist. Or was supposedly one.

the way he blends together Sumerian gods from 3500bce with akkadian gods from 2000bce with babylonian deities from 1000bce has always been for me the ultimate proof that for that to happen they must either have all been aliens or had access to some form of time travel technology

Yeah, I did notice he also gets his gods mixed up. I just didn't stop to realize he was blending the wrong gods with various cultures. I think the only explaination is the wacky alien time travel lazers that zapped all the material back to different cultures just before the Annunaki exploded in a mushroom cloud of mushrooms.

now i realise of course that orthodox trained and qualified sumerologists to a man all say that this shows the Akitu festival which happened twice a year,
the first time being during the ancient world new year when the pleaides was in ascendence and which the sumerians used as a new year marker

Come to think of it, so does the cuneiform text... which has conveniently been clipped off the photo.

as you can see it shows a huge scorpion shaped planet that can only be on an even more highly eliptical orbit than Nibiru or else Mr Sitchin would have discovered it long ago and been sure to mention it to his loyal fans the sitchenites already
because I can see no reason why he wouldn't mention it, can you

He'll be heartbroken that he missed this one. Really.

And the Egyptians saw it, too. That's why there's prayers for protection against scorpions!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Marduk,

Thank you so much for this info on the Scorpion planet. I'm thinking maybe that's where the REAL Scorpion King came from. Funny how much he looked like The Rock.

Sitchen has been a favorite of mine for some time as well. A favorite punching bag, that is.

He just makes it so easy. I'm more fond of pointing out the silly statements and phrases in his works though, like the time he compared a Sumerian eagle reference to "Houston, the Eagle has landed." A laugh a minute.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thank you so much for this info on the Scorpion planet. I'm thinking maybe that's where the REAL Scorpion King came from. Funny how much he looked like The Rock.

The Sumerian new year was also the time that new kings were crowned
had one decided to choose the Akitu festival during Girtab he would have been known as the scorpion king by association
funnily enough that seal i posted shows the king holding the staff of Anum
this signifies that he is already regarded as a God
there was only one king in the akkadian period who had that honour bestowed upon him
Sargon the great
it is also the reason why he isn't followed by a guard with an axe
the Akitu festival neccesitated the kings public humiliation to show that he submitted to the will of the Gods because they were believed to return to earth during the festival festivities
apparently they liked a humble king to guide the way
the king was ritually slapped in the face so hard that it wasn't considered a proper ritual unless it bought tears to his eyes
the King then took the hand of the seated Sun god statue
the belief was that if he was a good king no harm would befall him
if he were a bad king the heat of the sun God would immediately immolate him
Sargon being considered a God on the day of his coronation of course ranked as high as the rest of the deities
so no guard with axe on standby was required
and think about it
if you were a high priest would you slap a living god in the face
www.livius.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

...the Akitu festival neccesitated the kings public humiliation to show that he submitted to the will of the Gods because they were believed to return to earth during the festival festivities
apparently they liked a humble king to guide the way
the king was ritually slapped in the face so hard that it wasn't considered a proper ritual unless it bought tears to his eyes...

Gawd!

Makes one long for the good ole days.

Why couldn't we have preserved at least this one most excellent tradition?

Harte

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Why couldn't we have preserved at least this one most excellent tradition

because we kept Enlil instead

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Gawd!

Makes one long for the good ole days.

Why couldn't we have preserved at least this one most excellent tradition?

Harte

I think the difference is, while those ancient Kings did their will for the pleasure of the Gods, "modern rulers" use God as a tool to further their own will.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So would people who fall under the Scorpio Astrological sign suffer or reap any benefit from this?
Not to mention Pluto's loss of status!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
the only person i know of who ever really benefited from astrology was a grdener called Bani and he was the luckiest Gardener on earth. Irra-Imitti was a king who ruled at the end of the Akkadian period just before the rise of Babylonia. He was not a particularly good king and had started his reign as an usurper to the throne. One day his soothsayers had approached him with terrible news. A terrible omen towards the king had been foretold and Irra Imiiti decided to enact an old tradition that acted as a safeguard in these sort of events
He chose a gardener to act as “king for a day” and planned at the end of the day to have the new king executed therefore drawing the bad omen to him and leaving Irra unscathed. The plan was going well until that night Irra-Imitti drank some soup too quickly without realising it was boiling and so managed to achieve “death by soup”. This left the gardener on the throne as the rightful king and he was crowned King Enlil Bani in honour of Enlil, who surely because of his God like luck, had been entered by the holy spirit and was him the whole time. A poem was written to commemorate the event and it starts with the following lines
“Enlil-bani, wondrous king among the princes! Created by An, elevated by Enlil, like Utu the light of all lands, born to princedom, girded with all the divine powers, watched over by Enlil and listened to by Ninlil on account of the widespread people living at the boundary of heaven and earth! Fair of face, lordly of limb! With the shepherd's crook you have settled innumerable people.
he ruled for 24 years
and as it later turned out
the astrological prediction that foretold the bad omen was based on the movements of Venus
and the tables the Soothsayers had used were years out of date
Gardeners have all the luck
Sargon the Great was also raised by a gardener and ended up a king

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
VA243 in the opening post looks Akkadian not Sumerian, anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It is Akkadian
thats why I didn't say its sumerian
Its Sitchin who's claiming that it proves that the Sumerians were in contact with Aliens from Nibiru
thats quite funny really seeing as Nibiru isn't even a sumerian word
ask a sumerian about Nibiru and hes gonna say "what are you talking about, what is this Nibiru that you speak of"

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

It is Akkadian
thats why I didn't say its sumerian
Its Sitchin who's claiming that it proves that the Sumerians were in contact with Aliens from Nibiru
thats quite funny really seeing as Nibiru isn't even a sumerian word
ask a sumerian about Nibiru and hes gonna say "what are you talking about, what is this Nibiru that you speak of"

Yes, I mentioned that because, well, that was my point of contention with his work as well. He mixes many timelines together as if they are all talking about the same exact thing, and in some cases, the evidence doesn't bare that out.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
last year he claimed that the wooden horse of troy was an annunaki armoured personnel carrier
so thats
annunaki - sumerian - 5000bce
annunaki - akkadian - 2500bce
annunaki - babylonian - 1500bce
annunaki - greek - 1000bce

not to mention that he also has Ra and a few others thrown in for good measure
the great pyramid was apparently built as a prison to hold Bel Marduk before he was freed by Inanna
great pyramid - 2550bce
Bel Marduk - 1900bce
Ianna - 3500bce

and then thers Nibiru the apparently Sumerian name for a planet on a 3600 year highly eliptical orbit
Nibiru - not an existing word in any language
Neberu - akkadian word for "quay, port; crossing, ford" - 2000bce
end of sumerian civilisation 2700bce

whos for time travel ?

Still theres been far worse books
www.amazon.com...
but he later repented
www.eridu.co.uk...
Sitchin was not impressed

One of the most notable features of Alan Alford’s quest has been his willingness to challenge his own preconceptions, as well as those of others. In 1998, he stunned readers of his first book ‘Gods of the New Millennium’ by issuing a retraction of his ‘flesh and blood gods’ theory in his sequel ‘The Phoenix Solution’, in which he argued that the Egyptian gods personified the cataclysmic powers of creation. Alford’s arguments were indeed so powerful that Zecharia Sitchin, the world’s leading ancient astronaut theorist, threatened him with a 50 million dollar lawsuit on the grounds that his comments discredited his (Sitchin’s) theories and destroyed his reputation.

what reputation ?
the mans an economist
and Alan Alford is an accountant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
replaced quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 9/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And I'm a housewife.
Contrary to popular opinion (in certain circles), housewives have alot more time on their hands to study, provided they don't have obsessive-compulsive house cleaning disorder. I've probably studied more material and summarily forgotten it, than some degreed individuals, who by virtue of their degrees, have greater credibility than I ever will. Ah such is life.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by undo]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
if it makes you feel any better Alan Alford has now given up writing because apparently nobody takes him seriously and retired to live in Nepal
I questioned him about his authorship style at the FKCUK conference a few months ago

here he is (the scared looking guy not the scary looking guy)
and as far as I can determine Zechariah Sitchin died five years ago and is now still going strong with the help of lookalikes hired by his publisher
his latest lookalike is answering questions at the Faculty House of Columbia University, New York for 4 hours this saturday
The participation fee (luncheon included) is $165.
thats $40 an hour hes earning per person
the extra $5 covers lunch

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No one takes him seriously, and this would impress me how? If it mattered to me whether or not you took me seriously, I'd have given up a long time ago, the first time you called me an idiot.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
at the moment Beth one or two people still take you seriously
I put this down to the fact that they know less than you do about the subject matter
i don't know less than you which is why I don't take you seriously
at present you're on a par with Von Daniken or Graham Hancock

housewives have alot more time on their hands to study

and its such a pity they don't use that time properly then isn't it

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

last year he claimed that the wooden horse of troy was an annunaki armoured personnel carrier

Ergh. I believe that's one of the dumbest things I've read!

so thats
annunaki - sumerian - 5000bce
annunaki - akkadian - 2500bce
annunaki - babylonian - 1500bce
annunaki - greek - 1000bce

I sense a pattern! I'm waiting for the Annunaki Olmecs, the Annunaki Inca, the Annunaki Maya, and the Annunaki Aztecs.

and then thers Nibiru the apparently Sumerian name for a planet on a 3600 year highly eliptical orbit

...and failed to show up the last time or the time before that. The Alford/Sitchin brawl sounds amusing.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well the point of connecting these ancient figures to the even more ancient Anunna/Anunnaki, is based on his original thesis - that they were the creators of homo sapiens and have been around, influencing the affairs of their creation, ever since. I believe this particular aspect has support in the ancient texts. Although I believe the way the information was reported, artistically, changed dramatically, between Sumer and Akkadia. As was mentioned in the Stargates are Real thread, Sumerian depictions and Akkadian depictions of the gods changed from reptilian looking beings with long heads, severely slanted eyes, and small, spindly limbs, to human looking, regularly proportioned gods. In otherwords, the Akkadians humanized the Sumerian gods.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by undo]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Sumerian depictions and Akkadian depictions of the gods changed from reptilian looking beings with long heads, severely slanted eyes, and small, spindly limbs, to human looking, regularly proportioned gods

you mean because you saw one or two lizard headed statues you think it supports that all the sumerian gods were lizard men
despite the fact that not a single text says the gods were lizard men and not a single piece of genuine sumerian art supports it either
and why would the Akkadians suddenly humanise what you are saying that they knew were lizard headed beings

the sumerian (non lizard featured) standard of Ur
you'd think if as you say the Sumerians knew Lizard headed gods who came from the sly they'd have more than one or two broken statues wouldn't you
what about the Anzu bird
you claiming that there really was a lion headed eagle flapping around mesopotamia in sumerian times
what was it the Lizard headed spacemans parrot ?
laughable
most ancient cultures show a distinct lack of any lizard headed gods, they do regularly show human figures with various animal heads
this is normal as it depicts a human with animal type attributes
or are you claiming that there were other types of aliens with heads like jackels sheep and ibis running around as well
and really youre ignoring the basic facts
Lizards are earth animals
anything with a lizard head evolved here
so once again Beth
you've been reading too much sci fi and wasting the time you have on your hands as a housewife

just one more question Beth
are you basing your entire theory on this figurine

of a woman suckling a child which was found without any head at all
or this figure

which shows a human being wearing a coned shaped traditional shaped sumerian bakers hat
if you want a clue as to why its a human being have alook between his legs
I think even a housewife would recognise its an anatomically correct male
in case you didnt know lizards have two of them and they arent in that position because they are not used for urinary purposes, just for reproduction. And like, wheres the tail gone ?

apparently if someone drew a picture of this guy 5000 years ago you'd be claiming that hes a spaceman too

the aliens have landed

they walk among us

especially on halloween

and theyve already taken over the motorways

ROFLMAO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join