It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice tells diplomats to prepare for nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok, IF this is true: How long is it going to take to make these preparations and could anyone be specific about those preparations, what do these mean?

Knowing our gouvernment it usually takes a lot of time!

Can we see the preparations being made?

[edit on 12/4/06 by svendutch]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The UK Daily Telegraph carried this interesting article, which may be relevant to this thread, last week.

Government in secret talks about strike against Iran

By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent
(Filed: 02/04/2006)

A high-level meeting will take place in the Ministry of Defence at which senior defence chiefs and government officials will consider the consequences of an attack on Iran.

It is believed that an American-led attack, designed to destroy Iran's ability to develop a nuclear bomb, is "inevitable" if Teheran's leaders fail to comply with United Nations demands to freeze their uranium enrichment programme.

Tomorrow's meeting will be attended by Gen Sir Michael Walker, the chief of the defence staff, Lt Gen Andrew Ridgway, the chief of defence intelligence and Maj Gen Bill Rollo, the assistant chief of the general staff, together with officials from the Foreign Office and Downing Street.

Full Article

zero lift

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin

Could Mehran from ATS be this man, Mehran Riazaty: a former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad.

Mehran Riazaty

Mehran Riazaty Blog

What do you guys think, could ATS' Mehran be Mehran Riazaty - former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad.

mehran is probably a common name like Mohammed or Mahmoud over there. Similiar to Bob and Mike here LOL I doubt he's the same guy

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What a year this is gona be. Iam glad to see that russia said today that it is somewhat behind the us and the eu now after iran announced that it has enriched uranium. I hope that Iran has not made a promise to china that if attacked iran would give them oil for military support.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Liar! Liar!
Pants on fire.....

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"Diplomatic staff threaten resignations and non-cooperation "

-------------------------------------------

seems to me that if we start hearing about high turnover rate at our embassies real soon, hey, this might be legit!!!

otherwise who knows....

as far as it being considered a war crime, what's one more warcrime at this point??

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't buy it. I think the US will attack Iran at some point, but it won't be for a few months at least. Unless they have some evidence that Iran is about to do something serious, like nuke Israel, the US won't really have a leg to stand on.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This reminds me of the hooker thread about how the usa is going to nuked in the coming days. The sad part is you really put anything past this administration, that's the only reason threads like this stay around.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge threatening the use of force, or the use of force, by means of nuclear weapons is illegal under international law unless in self defence so I guess it would just be another crime the bush administration has committed unless they engineer a new terrorist attack? I sincerely doubt that Bush takes any notice of this anyway!

link regarding the legality of the use of nuclear weapons :-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well I read this article in the Sunday Times

Focus: Gunning for Iran
Against the odds, America is said to be planning a military strike on Iran. Sarah Baxter reports from Washington

It is seven o’clock in the morning eastern standard time when the news comes through to Americans at their breakfast tables. President George W Bush will shortly be addressing the nation live from the Oval Office. Moments later he is on air, announcing in a sombre drawl that Iran’s nuclear sites have been struck during the night by American bombers.

“You can see the shape of the speech the president will give,” said Richard Perle, a leading American neo-conservative. “He will cite the Iranians’ past pattern of deception, their support for terrorism and the unacceptable menace the nation would present if it had nuclear weapons.

“The attack would be over before anybody knew what had happened. The only question would be what the Iranians might do in retaliation.”

Sounds far-fetched? Think again. The unthinkable, or what Jack Straw, the foreign secretary, described only a few weeks ago as “inconceivable”, is now being actively planned in the Pentagon.

rest here (4 pages long)

www.timesonline.co.uk...

So it isn't exactly a secret, just a matter of when

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
Could Mehran from ATS be this man, Mehran Riazaty: a former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad.

What the hell?

Listen, you will not investigate other members of ATS, gather or distribute information about them, and or try to attack them personally.

Cease and desist. Immediately. I don't want to make this like a threat, but people have been booted for this sort of thing. So stop.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"war crime", what kind of non sense is that? us, war crime......what a bunch of whiney crap!!!we were attacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! war crime, yeah right. remember the two towers? the U.S.S cole. countless embassies over sea's. countless American's being killed, kidnaped, held for ransom.......war crime for a preimptive attack on Iran? HAHAHAHA....good NUKE them!!!!oh, i said the "N", word,....waaa....boo-hoo.......we get taken advantage of all the time, we get attacked all the time, our citizens get attacked all the time, its about time we stood up and did something about it."oh what about the innocent people".....yeah like the ones in the two towers....NUKE THEM TILL THEY GLOW!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I find the links Nygdan posted concerning but not conclusive...

Nygdan is level headed and he goes straight to the heart of matters.
If he says the poster has a 'history' and not to buy it ... then that's
enough for me.

Ya'll .. don't worry about it. Someday it's going to happen and when
it does there isn't a freak'n thing you can do about it. It's out of your
hands. Go out and enjoy the spring day .. get some fresh air .. relax.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
To the best of my knowledge threatening the use of force, or the use of force, by means of nuclear weapons is illegal under international law

It is agains the rules of the UN for member nations to threaten war upon one another. The United States has not actually threatened IRan, it has, in all public speeches, called for a diplomatic solution, unlike say, iran, that has called for Israel to be destroyed, for example.

The opinion you cite is not binding, its an advisement in the opinion of the World Court, not a Statute of the World Court, Statues are binding to all UN Members, advisements are not. Advisements are where an organization in the UN requests the World Courts opinion and advise on matters, not where it proulgates statutes [as per the infalliable and holy wikipedia (pbuh) ].

jpr

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well .. if you look at this news :
www.bloomberg.com...
I would say there is a possibility that the US will bomb Iran soon.

I guess we are being prepared for the event

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
BTW the National Intellegence Estimate says it will be at least 5-10 years before Iran could make a bomb...

these are the guys that the president is SUPPOSED to listen to...
so Iran having Nukes is NOT a justification for attack...

Is the Iranian Oil Bourse a reason?

If we attack due to "nuke" threats, then IMO it is for exactly the opposite reason...

In regards to Mehran (sorry for the misspelling)
I doubt they are the same person... But why not ask him... he seems nice enough...
and Mehran: i wouldn't bother repeating this info in country, until we know more...
I am sure people see that hype and fear is not what is needed, albiet it is what the disseminators of this want...
so dont be a tool of a possible disinfo campaign...

Personally, I think that there will be another, larger attack on the US that is bigger than 9/11 coming sometime soon and Iran will be blamed, regardless of the actual source of the attack. That creates enough outrage in the public to go and hit Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
More from the wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...
United Nations' Charter, which states in article 2, paragraph 4 that

All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations[...]The Security Council shall determine the existence of any threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression and shall make recommendations, or decide what measures shall be taken

en.wikipedia.org...

A crime against peace, in international law, consists of starting or waging a war against the territorial integrity, political independence or sovereignty of a state, or in violation of international treaties, agreements or (legally binding) assurances

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If he says the poster has a 'history' and not to buy it ... then that's
enough for me.

This is only based on looking at his posts after seeing this. I primarily wanted to see if he bothers to respond in his posts. So, salt, grain, etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
# the the US government is truly insane!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your bunkers, # i don´t have one, oh well im in Peru

Here's something for you to think about...If it weren't for the US and its allies, there's a good probability that you would be fluent in German and / or Japanese.

Sometimes a 'bully' is on the right side ya know!

Iran needs to shut down its nuclear program completely...now!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sorry folks, just got my wizard robe out of the closet and saw this post...oh, there's that wand I lost.

Anyway, we could have cleared this up on page one.

Our little JimRat is posting from a Bay Area dialup in San Jose, California. Far cry from Europe as he claims.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join