It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant fish

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
lumpfish verified. en.wikipedia.org...

although google also lead me to www.gma.org..., which doesnt look much like our guy here.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by justdj]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The site is in Finnish. "Klikkaamalla kuvaa voit tarkastella sitä täysikokoisena" simply means that when you click it, it will enlarge. Now, whoever took the pic must be a total moron because the picture text "hauki?" means that the photographer tought of it to be a pike.

I'm no expert in fish, but it could be one of these:

www.skes.org...
www.skes.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
nordman, that first fish is a flat fish and I can't read the finnish but it is something along the lines of a flounder, halibut, sole, fluke etc.

the second fish is more similar but I think the monkfish or some type of angler is more likely.

it's funny, I caught something this past summer that I have never before seen (30 years of fishing there) and I was with my dad who has been fishing there for about 50 years. We held the beast up for the coast guard who happened to be passing by and they all said they had never seen it either. nobody in the vicinity knew what it was.

a little google and I found it - similar to that fish in the first post. ugly as sin. I am now going to drive myself crazy trying to locate the internet pics I found to email to my nephew who wanted to mount the beast.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Heres some more weird looking fish

forum.openwater.ru...

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i don't know if it's been said yet, but the site is finnish.

edit// doh, it has been said. i apologize.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by J3551C4]

<< 1   >>

join