It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did i just find?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I just found this thing in the middle of the arizona desert with google earth

33 47 38.54 N 112 30 03.53W

for those of you without google earth.....

What the hell is that?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Looks like a race track or two, dont know, maybe a base..............

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Its Chrysler Corp's proving grounds, where they test out new models and stuff like that. Its just outside Phoenix, AZ.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

it seems to be a huge red thing in Lake Baikal

51 48 48.30 N 105 38 59.82 E google earth coords.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Glad you came up with that explanation because it looked just like a giant paperclip had been dropped onto the map!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ok but what about this?

36 48 40.59 N 95 15 45.18 E

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
WTF is this!!?

57 35 16.10 N 134 39 14.61 E

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Just thought I'd add to WAGD's post here.

What is this black recangle? It is 27 miles long and 3.5 wide.

Located at 62 10' 13" N 141 05' 18" W.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Looks like a Volcano, but its not marked as one on google.

Something seems to have exploded there at some time.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Just thought I'd add to WAGD's post here.

What is this black recangle? It is 27 miles long and 3.5 wide.

There has been a thread about this one recently.

Whatever is underneath has been blanked out by Google.
Part is in Canada and part Alaska.

Interesting !

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
In Reference to:

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Ok but what about this?

36 48 40.59 N 95 15 45.18 E

It is a salt and potash plant owned by the "Chinese Qinghai Potash Company."
Here's a little info about it.
www.reportage.org...

I'm also investigating the other locations you posted and will post any relevant results here.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Fwiw, the Ford proving ground is south of Kingman, Arizona.

Follow Freeway 40 south out of town for 10-15 miles.

34-53-11 N and 114-09-26-79W.

We see new Ford trucks, SUV's, some disguised with paint, others disguised with black canvas form-fitting covers climbing and descending the long and steep grade out of Laughlin, Nevada (at the Colorado River) and back around the loop through the western edge of Kingman back down to the proving grounds.

Most times they're towing very short (10'-16' or so) very heavy duty apparently with load dyno's and the like.
They check brake as well as engine performance.

Once in a while they advertise for drivers, but it looks like boring stuff to me.
Maybe not, running a 150 mile or so loop without a boss watching over you and cruising through some beautiful and interesting desert country couldn't be too bad.
Problem for Ford is the same for all other employers, finding drug-free employee's.

GM has a proving ground near Yuma, Arizona so the USA manufacturers are well represented in our state.

(Edited for spelling.)

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
WTF is this!!?

57 35 16.10 N 134 39 14.61 E

ok, wow, that's crazy. It looks like an inactive volcano or something with developments at the top with a road leading out.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The ring seems to be called the "Kondyor Uplift"

In the center lies the Kondyor Platinum Mine of Russia.
The odd coloring is probably metallic mined substances.

It seems to be marked as an explosive volcanic crater.

Mined substance:
Alluvial deposits: Material, typically sands and gravels, transported by a river and deposited at points on the river’s flood plain. These deposits can contain economically viable mineral resources. In the Kondyor and Koryak areas of eastern Russia alluvial deposits are mined for platinum group metals.

(Image of mined substance.)

More from a sales site:
From the Kondyor Massif in Russia comes these naturally-occuring specimens of Gold-Coated Platinum Crystals, representing one of the most interesting and unusual associations in the mineral kingdom! This location is known to produce the finest and largest cubic platinum crystals in the world, some even display interpenetration twins, with all of the crystals being found in ancient river placer deposits. Over past geologic time, these platinum cubes were eroded from their original mountainous, volcanic deposits and sent tumbling down into rivers. Many were rounded or crushed as they slowly washed downstream from erosion. Only a small percent of the larger crystals (0.5g+) kept their cubic form mostly intact. In a unique geological situation, these rivers also carry deposits of placer gold. Of the surviving platinum crystals, a fraction were subject to direct contact with this placer gold and an amazing thing happened. Over many thousands of years, the softer gold was accreted/pressed onto the harder cubes of platinum by the pounding of the river boulders on the bedrock placer deposits. Thus, this unique association came to be! Modern-day placer mining operations in the area, produces lots of platinum nuggest, some platinum crystals and a few gold-coated platinum crystals. Those gold-coated crystals that are recovered are most often seen as near sand-sized, 1-2mm, 0.1-0.2g specimens. Uncommonly, attractive specimens of this association exceed 0.5g. Well-formed specimens over 1g are even more unusual. It is my pleasure to introduce this beautiful group of gold-coated platinum crystals. They are all personally hand picked for sharpness of crystal form and quality of aesthetics, all with excellent color to the gold coating.

(The refined product sold as art)

And a link to another researchers findings... VERY GOOD
bbs.keyhole.com...

5.12 Miles in diameter from peak to peak.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
NASA World Wind

This program will give you access to multiple layers of data from different sats.
You can see Earth and the Moon, but you can add other planets as well.

If you use Google Earth a lot, get NASA World Wind........

It's a large program, but it's worth the space on your hard drive.
(set the cache at about 25 gigs if you have the room on a drive)

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

Well, there is a nearby Canadian Airfield: CYXQ
buuuuut.... I dont think this was intentionally blacked out. Its shape and drection is consistent with the flight path of sattelites in orbit... to me, this looks like an area a sattelite was probably reset, or lost communication during its sweep.

Example of satelite sweep paths.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Are you saying that satellites take photographs only 4 kilometres wide?

In 1957 the US had a plane that flew at a much lower altitude that took photographs 100 kilometers wide.

And the area surrounding the photograph has a comparatively high resolution, so the argument of 'crappy old satellite' won't work here.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
this would probably be better discussed in the thread that i started specifically about this blacked out area in alaska.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is in Washington DC south suburbs, just out of the houses, and located near the Office of Naval Intelligence.

Looks like an array of photo-voltic cells, but perhaps a radio array?

Anyone clarify this for me?

external image

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

What did i just find?

Definatly looks like a big test track with 2 smaller ones inside.

Thanks anxietydisorder for the world wind link! downloading that 1 now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join