It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Vamp traits I've got

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm really fascinated with vampires and the like. But I've always liked the taste of blood. I haven't tasted other peoples blood because it's just plain icky but whenever I get a huge gash and blood comes gushing out I try to get rid of it by drinking it. Also I know that everybody has canine teeth but I've noticed that mine are distinctly sharper than other people's(I usually mess around with my canines using my tongue and have cut myself before). I don't like going out the sun very much because it hurts my eyes (even when I have my eyes closed) and I usually go out when it's dark. I have a good sense of hearing but when I'm in a converstion with someone all I usually hear are just mumbles so maybe I hear so much it floods out everything else or I'm just not a great listener

The only thing that isn't very vampire of me is that my eyes are seriously screwed up. everything is a huge blur when I have my stupid glasses off.
Do other people have these traits but know they aren't vampires?
Maybe there's a vamp in all of us but some show it more than others?
I'd like to hear your views on people who aren't vampires but can be like them...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I do have traits, and I hate it. I large canines that are really quite sharp and I even though I am ashamed to admit it, I like the taste of my own blood.

Other than that though, perfectally normal, sun doesn't try to kill me and my vision and hearing is pretty dandy as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think sucking a wound is instinctive, and therefore we have evolved not to find it unpleasant in taste. Its obvious then that some people might find this a pleasant taste.

All animals clean there wounds by sucking or licking it, if youve got a dog, you may well have seen this.

I personally think everything else is incidental. As for the sunlight hurting your eyes, that just means you dont go outside often enough. Get out your apartment and go for a walk.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I really don't go outside that much. maybe that's the cause for the sore eyes.
But now that I have to walk to school alot in the sunny mornings my eyes don't hurt as much. I wonder that, if we obsess to much about vampires and read about them we notice too much about ourselves that reflect them. I'm not an attention seeker but I think that maybe it was also instinctive to feel that I am different to other people to get attention, like something in my head taking me over and automatically making me seek attention and the only way that I could be different to people would be to say that I'm a vampire or I resemble one and that way people would notice me more.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Relax, all of your "vampiric symptoms" are common among people. The reason why you believe that you may be associated with vampires is because you are fascinated with them. Just search "vampire" in the search engine and you'll see plenty of people claiming this garbage.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was looking around the web when I found this article that may help

WRITTEN BY JOE P. MUSCOVI

This is all easily fixed with modern day pharmaceutical remidies.

I once thought maybe I was a duck. I was obsessed with them. I walked like them, quacked like them, danced like them, ate like them.

Then one day I had an intense run in with a chicken man on the southside of Romis City, and I said to myself "that chicken man is nothing but crazy".

Then, it hit me....I was duck-man, and much like chicken man, I might be crazy.

I checked myself into a center for advanced looniness, and loe and behold I was cured. (as long as I take my meds everyday and don't dance like a duck!)

For the love of god man, your NOT a vampire....repeat NOT.

Please get some help before you drink yourself dry!

- One Man Short

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
LOL @ the duck story.

Yes, I have a bit of a beef with the people who claim to be vampires and werewolfs. It's up there on my list of people who anger me, pretty close to psions and people who claim that the world is actually in the Matrix. Although I do like the look of the fangs. MOST people have canine teeth that are larger than their others, it's normal. In fact I have them on the bottom as well. If you're really obsessed, they can put porcealine caps on your teeth to make them even more fang-y
. As for the blood thing, it just seems to be a weird fetish some people have, iunno. Personally, I nearly faint at the sight of blood.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
BtW, you're not the first person on ATS claiming to be a Vampire - or at least feel that you might be a vampire. The good news is that you're not really convinced about it yourself... There have been some pretty bad cases (of nutcases) on here, but you're still on sane grounds (but take note of OMSoM's Duck story...)

The first give-away that you're not a vampire is the fact that you have a slight suspicion that you might MAYBE be a vampire. If you were a vampire, you'd know it. All vampires know they're vampires. It's guys like werewolves, Mr Hyde, ghosts (the Sixth Sense type), etc. that don't know their dark side.
The more you obsess about being a vampire, the more you'll see vampire characteristics, and the more you'll be convinced you're a vampire, and ta-da a vampire is born. And in the process you'll loose all your friends because no one will ever believe that you're The Count.
Let's face it... There's little to no proof that the Brahm Stoker vampire-types exist. Rather explore your (super-natural) human side, as it's much more exciting, and much more real.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Did I ever say that I am a vampire???
NO, I didn't. I said that I have some resemblances to a vampire. I know I'm not a vampire, that would be stupid. People who think they are vampires are just wierdos. of what I mentioned above in the first post are the things I notice about myself that seem vampiric.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Have your GP check you out for anemia... or possibely one of the milder forms of diabites...

the extended canines you'll find are actually recedent gums usually caused by smoking or lack of certian nutrients that western high sugar/carb diets often lack... eat some red cabbage (my mother & girlfriend make a mean russian red cabbagew and herring salad... I gotta post the recipie) pretty common stuff...

Vampire myths probably stem from early attemptys to understand a whole range of rare (and not so rare) blood/metabolysm related diseases...

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Qoelet]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Qoelet totally has that right, I've heard before that Vampire myths could have started by a disease in medieval times that caused gums to recede creating the effect of fangs. It was some blood disease I can't remember the name.

If anyone wants to compare themselves to vampires, any geeky teenager will do, locking themselves in their room all the time, covering the windows, so they can see the computer screen.

I'll tell ya right now, I don't like the taste of even my own blood, but I'm practically nocturnal when I don't have to be at work, I've got pretty good nightvision, and I have all my windows covered. It's just a thing you're going through, if it helps posting about it, feel free, but I doubt you'll be sleeping in a coffin anytime soon. (besides, who needs sleep?
)

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Clinical Vampirism (A.K.A. Renfield Syndrome), depending on the severity of one's symptoms and feelings, may be a possibility.

R. S. can become a full-blown psychosis resulting from sever, untreated depression. Milder symptoms may be the onset of depression and prove simply to be coping skills for the individual who may feel overwhelmed by life, work, home, family, school, etc.

Psychological issues such as depression, Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar disorder, or any other state of mind that can cause a lack of perception and reality, when left untreated, can cause an individual to become delusional or experiencing psychosis and thus the individual may easily allow themselves to slip into a vampiric (or other chosen image) state of mind.

There are several medical conditions as well that may cause and individual grief such as Porphyria. Porphyria causes sensitivity to light. Sometimes due to an inconsistent distribution of hemoglobin (iron on the blood’s oxygen) and other materials concerning the blood, teeth and nails may turn an orange-red tint. There is also a need for more hemoglobin / iron / blood. And in the olden days, at least, what better way to replenish the body’s need for iron, etc – consume blood.

Please, do not get me wrong, I’m not saying that everyone who thinks or feels that they are a Vampire or have Vampiric traits are suffering from any of the afore mentioned diagnosis. Some individuals may really just simply associate themselves with Vampires and submerge themselves in that culture. And that, as a way of life is perfectly acceptable, as long as others are not being harmed and the individual is satisfied with their quality of life.

However, if there is a discontented feeling or fear associated with feelings of having Vampiric traits or even, in some extreme cases, feelings of becoming a Vampire, it may be something that may need to be looked into. Only the individual knows what is going on in their life and just perhaps there is some underlying source, such as mild or developing depression, which may be the origin for these feelings.

There is nothing wrong with being nocturnal, not being squeamish about blood, having an aversion to light or even possessing extremely sharp canines. Enjoy the uniqueness of who you are if you don’t, then others won’t either. The concern comes when it bothers, worries or stresses out the individual. Then there may an underlying issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks,

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burn The Witch
I'm really fascinated with vampires and the like. But I've always liked the taste of blood. I haven't tasted other peoples blood because it's just plain icky but whenever I get a huge gash and blood comes gushing out I try to get rid of it by drinking it. Also I know that everybody has canine teeth but I've noticed that mine are distinctly sharper than other people's(I usually mess around with my canines using my tongue and have cut myself before). I don't like going out the sun very much because it hurts my eyes (even when I have my eyes closed) and I usually go out when it's dark. I have a good sense of hearing but when I'm in a converstion with someone all I usually hear are just mumbles so maybe I hear so much it floods out everything else or I'm just not a great listener

The only thing that isn't very vampire of me is that my eyes are seriously screwed up. everything is a huge blur when I have my stupid glasses off.
Do other people have these traits but know they aren't vampires?
Maybe there's a vamp in all of us but some show it more than others?
I'd like to hear your views on people who aren't vampires but can be like them...

Hi,I'm Lucian.a energetic vampire
I feed myself from trees,even wind and sun when in need.
Never tasted other blood than my own(even if when I was 5-6 yrs old I was fascinated by pigs blood),I like it very much
All my teeth are sharepened and often I cut my tongue
Try to make sex with a dragon ,it will boost your perceptions

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caligulas
Hi,I'm Lucian.a energetic vampire
I feed myself from trees,even wind and sun when in need.
Never tasted other blood than my own(even if when I was 5-6 yrs old I was fascinated by pigs blood),I like it very much
All my teeth are sharepened and often I cut my tongue
Try to make sex with a dragon ,it will boost your perceptions

I'm not sure what to say to a response like that... I guess the "energetic vampire" part can be debated until kingdom comes... But "making sex" to a dragon?!
First, there is little evidence to support the existence of dragons - in the modern days anyway. Where do you find a dragon, let alone have sex with it?
Second, how do you go along getting a dragon into bed? Charm her/him with the prospect of eating a virgin? (No pun intended.)
Third, is it actually physically possible? As far as I know dragons are huge creatures, and in comparison, humans' sex organs wouldn't be able to accommodate a dragons' sex organs. Either way around...
Fourth, wouldn't sex with a dragon make it bestiality, i.e. it would be illegal...
Fifth, isn't sexual intercourse with a fire-breathing being a bit on the dangerous side? What if she/he gets a bit too excited? You'll be toast...

Should I continue? Your post is absolutely preposterous - to be nice. Let's hope you were kidding and that I just made a fool of myself.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It can be fun to read some stories and let your imagination run. Of course I would just keep in mind that there is a an explanation for almost everything. We just may not have it yet. If your sharp teeth are cutting your tongue, you can get your dentist to desharpen or grind down the offending teeth a little bit so that you aren't getting cut. I have had that done myself. A lot of people have sharp teeth. Perhaps it's a sign of good teeth.

The sunlight can hurt many people's eyes. I usually wear sunglasses that block out the most harmful rays. Problem solved for the most part. With the decrease in the ozone layer this is a problem for almost everyone to some degree IMO.

I read about psy vampires. I started thinking (or imagining) what if I'm draining the energy of the people around me without realizing it? I remember feeling a bit tired and sick one morning. I walked into Burger King and the girl who took my order within seconds of leaving the cash register looked a bit disoriented and then she tripped and feel hitting her head real hard by accident. I thought I felt better. Then one of my relatives who was with me suddenly got sick and vomited. I thought I felt better and close to normal again. Did I drain people? I don't think so. It's just coincidence. It can be fun to let your imagination roam though.

Extra note: For all the female vampire wannabe's, I do enjoy looking at photos with sharp fangs. There just seems to be something sexy about that and I don't care if they aren't real vampires.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ive got a few vampire trait too. A lil longer K9's than normal. A strong tolerance for the taste of blood, I guess i dont crave it but it has never been a problem tasting from a injury or a pulled tooth. But I also know im no vampire. If Vapires were real, I think you would prolly know it if you were one.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hmmm, yeah, I would have to agree with Gemwolf.

Your (Lucian / Caligulas) statement was simply out of context and is the basis for an entirely different thread. And if I may ask, what was the reasoning, if anything other than attention seeking behaviors, would you have for such a statement?

And, honestly, if we really want to go there, I have never heard of Vampires and Dragons intermingling providing that we say, definitively, that both exist.

As far as “energetic” Vampire do you have lots of energy? I do not mean to mince words but we need to be clear if you want any sort of reasonable response to your comments.

If you are simply energetic, excellent for you, kudos. If you are speaking of an “Energy Vampire” then, yes, that is a form or expression of Vampirism typically associated with someone who attempts to drain or draw off of others’ energies or in some cases, I suppose, their life form, soul or spirit.

“Energy Vampires” tend to feed off of others energies to satisfy some personal need that they are lacking be it love, belonging, compassion or it may simply be a control issue. “Energy Vampires” are difficult individuals who seek attention, good or bad, and leave you feeling wiped out once they finally leave. I’m sure we all know one or two people who we just cringe at the thought or sight of and say “I just don’t have the energy to deal with that person” or something to that effect.

Now, Burn The Witch…we have really gotten off of your topic, haven’t we?

In any case, I cannot speak for all, but there are people who identify with their interests. If you like Vampires and are interested or fascinated in them go for it. As far as the sun, yeah, it can play havoc on the eyes. I wear my sunglasses even on cloudy and rainy days. And being in California we don’t have many of those. I do prefer the dark and the nighttime hours. My canines are not so sharp or even pronounced, however, I will lick my wounds if I bleed, it’s comforting and not unpleasant tasting.

I like Vampires but honestly I’m a Werewolf fanatic myself. There are many similarities and a world of difference between the two. And even though I know I’m not a Vamp or a Were physically it doesn’t mean that I, or you or anyone else, can’t identify in some way with an image we like or are comfortable with. It doesn’t mean you’re crazy or weird or even a Vampire by definition. However, if you have a fascination or an affinity research it, learn all you can and satisfy your curiosity.

If you are truly concerned see a physician. Get blood levels checked, get your eyes checked, visit your dentist. Always begin with a medical check up / physical. If all is medically sound and you are still concerned then seek counsel from a psychologist. Only you know how you are really feeling physically, mentally and emotionally.

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think Vampiric traits are common. I don't suck the blood out of my gashes, but when I get a small cut or something I will try to get the blood off by licking it. Most people have a sensitivity to the sun, as far as thier eyes are concerned. I sleep during the day and am out during the night, but that is because My jobs are in the morning and overnight. My canines are sharp, but then, who has flat canines?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I know what you mean i have a few traits also i think we all do have a vampire in us just some show it more then others! i also find them extermly entrancing and sexy it is interesting to see another person who is in to vampires!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I had a huge post about depression, why I hate school, why TantricWolf must have sore fingers by now, why having sex with dragons is stupid and why Psy Vampires could be wierdly possible in a wierd and possible way.

BUT LIKE AN IDIOT I JUST HAD TO LOOK AT THAT U2U AND LOST ALL MY TEXT!!!

To sum it up; It was a 'thank you' to everyone who posted here or: how 'I saved Christmas' by Burn the Witch.

BTW, the U2U was about William One Sac's birthday, so everybody say Happy Birthday to WOS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join