It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII scenarios...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
with all of the events going on today regarding the american occupations of iraq and afganistan,the tension between isreal, iran , and palestine especially with the newly elected goverment (Hamas) and irans threats of wiping isreal from the face of the planet.

how many of yall believe there is gonna be a WW3 right around the corner.
and if u do , what do u think is a possible scenario for the war.

btw this thread is pure speculation....just looking for your guy's predictions

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Depends on what you mean by a "World War". Yes I believe that something is going to happen fairly soon, what I don't know. I see a series of incidents, instead of warfare on a massive scale. I don't see the US invading Iran, I see strikes on selective targets instead. Iran, in my opinion is is probably going to try to shut down tanker traffic in the Straights of Hormuz. I believe that some of the European Countries are going to have a backlash against their Muslim citizens and immigrants. The riots in France last year and the current situation in Denmark are my reasoning for this. I don't see Iran using a nuclear device even if they do get one because they know that it would spell it's end as a country. I see China sitting on the sidelines and not really getting involved militarily due to their lack of a power projection capability.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think somthing big is going to go down before Summer. With the rising tensions of the Muslims I see a terrorist attack comming in the States soon enough. Then as CNN is programming everyone to think the Muslims are the enemys people won't be against the invasion of Iran. Things are just going to esculate from there. I think the NWO is going to go for there one world government right now. At the end of all this America will be in a police state.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This was on the war on terrorism board, written by Chaosrain. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Run-Up to Iran War: Track the Indicators

Okay...I decided not to post this in the news section because, honestly, I'm too lazy at this point to go hunting around the web for the stories we've probably all read which discuss global events so I'll start with some of what I've noticed and hopefully will find time/energy to hunt down some sources. Here goes...

Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) Newcomers:
It's clear that the world is in the process of climbing up Iran's backside about their efforts to develop nuclear technology. What is interesting is that no one cares about NK's efforts in this regard anymore. Obviously, the NPT bluster that the nuke powers about the globe pull out of their back pocket to shut down any nations seeking to enter the group without its tacit approval is only used in certain situations to gain political leverage. It is becoming increasingly clear that abiding by, or forcing other nations to abide by, the NPT is not the true goal of all nuclear nations who use the NPT as a cudgel to achieve political means. The US has made it clear that they intend to re-design/re-deploy updated warhead designs and it stands to reason that, supercomputers notwithstandin,g no one's going to bet their tactical future on warheads that have only been tested on silicon. That'll cause the US to disengage from the NPT (which bans the testing of nuclear devices) in order to test their stockpiles. Ultimately, none of the NPT signatories will be interested in being the "good guy" vs. the U.S. "bad guy" so the document will become more worthless than the paper on which it was drafted as each signatory drops from the agreement to re-design and re-deploy their new weapons like dominoes.

Iran and the Bomb:
Though it becomes quite evident that a nation with significant crude reserves has little need for nuclear energy save the tangential output of weapons-grade material from the enrichment process, it is also clear that as long as the Israelis have the Bomb, everyone in the neighborhood is going to want one. Iran's already got the carrot (crude) now they'd like a stick too (the Bomb). It makes sense as one sees the inordinate influence on geo-politics that the nuclear nations bring to the table. Wanting the Bomb and having the Bomb are two completely different things, however, and many analysts believe that Iran is not exactly a hop, skip and jump from becoming nuclear. Some have contended that such a capability is still a decade off for Iran even if the IAEA offered no resistance to such efforts.

The Cartoons:
Some sources have recently contended that the Danish Cartoon protests were manufactured by Saudi Arabia (an "ally" of the US, who apparently took a page from Dubya's book) in an effort to draw muslim attention away from the recent incident in Saudi Arabia during the hajj. In the same place as it has always happened, a stampede occurred and over 300 pilgrims were killed. The muslim world has been long frustrated with Saudi Arabia over its obvious lack of respect and regard for the hajj, evidenced by the nation's massive wealth and the lack of application of that wealth to the development of a safe and maintainable hajj route. So, Saudi Arabia keeps these three-month-old cartoons in their back pocket to use as a distraction when the inevitable loss of life occurrs during the hajj. They work closely with muslim leaders around the globe distributing Danish flags, false fliers demonstrating the cartoons (on the fliers exist a handful of cartoons more offensive than those published which never made it to the pages of Danish papers) and instructions for protesting/demonstrating. So, like dominoes the pilgrims die and shortly thereafter, the protests begin which galvanize the muslims against the Western World instead of allowing them to galvanize against the "enemy from within" which is Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia & the Bush Administration:
Strangely, though the magic 8-ball will tell us that all signs point to Saudi Arabia for setting up this tragic and unnecessary series of protests and attacks, just yesterday, the Bush Administration, via Condi Rice, contended that Iran and Syria were complicit in motivating the protestors to become violent. It makes one wonder whether Saudi Arabia got the ball rolling for the U.S. It has been clear that Europe does not maintain the bloodlust for Middle Eastern oil that the U.S. does and nothing helps to get an ally to see things your way like the creation of a common enemy. So, in order to get your European allies to see Iran and the muslims as the force to be checked in the world and give the green light to an Iranian attack, you scare the heck out of Europe by fomenting protest and revolt amongst the muslim population on that continent.

The Oil Bourse:
As some may be aware, there are major timing issues in play here which were also in play during the run-up to the Iraq invasion. For the most part, global crude is traded in U.S. dollars. Such a situation has a synergistic effect on both the value of crude and the stability of the U.S. dollar. It creates a need for a stable U.S. dollar due to the importance of being able to trade a commodity against a non-moving target. It also stabilizes the dollar because it leverages a relatively fixed asset (exportable crude) against a fluctuating one (a nation's currency). I may be overly simplistic in this explanation, but it's the basic jist of the interrelationship of a commodity and the currency under which that commodity is traded.

Now, Iraq and Saddam were in a similar position as Iran. The only stick they had to wield in geo-politics was their oil (and carrots make poor sticks). No nukes or WMD yet as we've discovered. (Again, this is why Iran wants the Bomb. It's a much more effective stick than oil as the planet is slowly becoming wise to the pitfalls of our over utilization of fossil fuels.) So Iraq pulled out the only stick they had. Saddam threatened to move trading of Iraqi oil from the dollar to the euro. Obviously, such a move would have a dual effect...it would strengthen the euro by tying it to a solid commodity and would weaken the dollar by stripping it of its link to Iraqi crude. Go figure, but our invasion was timed to keep such a move from dollar to euro oil trading from occuring in Iraq. Subsequently, the move never materialized.

Take a look at the timing of the Iran Oil Bourse, a new marketplace set to open on March 20th which will tie the Iranian oil reserves to the euro for the purposes of trading. Sound familiar? It is doubtful that the U.S. will allow that to happen.

False flag:
Now here comes the more wild element of my theory. Gauging from the world's current opinion of Iran and its threat to global security, there's just no chance in hell that we're going to get European sign off on an attack or invasion of Iran before March 20th. Unfortunately, the U.S. is not going to let the Oil Bourse fly so they must have an actionable offence to attribute to Iran to accelerate that timetable. That's where the false flag occurs.

Tieing it all together:
Okay, so now we've got the Saudis putting the muslim world up to protesting a series of cartoons in order to scare the crap out of the Western world. Then we've got the Bush Administration telling folks that it's not the Saudis but the Iranians and the Syrians in order to shift European public opinion toward fear of Iran and Syria. Though Europe is concerned about Iran's recent efforts toward development of the Bomb, the consensus is that they are years away. Here comes the false-flag. Now, you can't pull off a false flag in Europe alone because it has become clear that Europe still has the lingering taste of two world wars in their mouth and are not anxious to start a fight with anyone at this point. They just wouldn't react as quickly as the U.S. would. In addition, the Oil Bourse is better for Europe than the U.S. so their motivation to stop it is nothing compared to that of the U.S. You might pull of a small scale attack to help align the U.S. and Europe's perspectives, but it's likely an unnecessary risk. Ultimately, the U.S. really needs the world to fear Iran, but quick so you can still expect a false flag. The catch is that it almost HAS TO BE nuclear. If you launch a U.S. based false flag against the U.S. in the name of Iran and you really want the world to see Iran as an immediate threat, you've got to get the world thinking that Iran is much farther along on their nuclear efforts and poses a threat to the entire planet.

Where does that leave us?
In my opinion, it leaves us on the edge of our seats anticipating a nuclear false-flag within the borders of the U.S. Though we already have military assets in Iraq and could move them to Iran more quickly than a fresh deployment directly from the U.S. it still takes a bit of planning to move troops from one hostile territory to another. As a result, I would expect this attack to occur no later than March 1 to allow for some minor planning on our side prior to attack. In fact, I still believe that an invasion of Iran is not a likely goal. I imagine that the U.S., possibly along with Israel will stage a series of bombing runs w/in that country intended to cripple Iran's infrastructure and put a hold on the Oil Bourse. You see, you can't switch the currency through which you trade a commodity if you stop trading the commodity because your supply chain is in shambles. Should Iran push forward to launch the Oil Bourse despite an attack...false-flag #2 will occur against U.S. troops in Iraq which will immediately galvanize world-wide support for a nuclear response which will guarantee that Iran will be too busy counting their dead and hunting for fresh air and water to be able to worry about which currency is tied to their now non-existent exports.

Oh, golly do I hope that I'm wrong, but my magic 8-ball is reeling at the series of coincidences, bluster, and rhetoric which are flying around in prelude the the ominous rollout of the Iranian Oil Bourse. We didn't let Saddam get away with it (even though a recent article has Israeli sources indicating that they were probably better off with Saddam wielding a ruthless dictatorship in Iraq than they are now with virtual chaos in that nation), why are we going to let Iran pull the rug out from under us? We're a nation of cogs in a capitalist machine and believe it or not rebuilding=spending=jobs=healthy economy. Sacrificing tens of thousands of people will only serve to bolster the U.S.'s position politically and economically and as reprehensible as it may be, from the point of view of an administration that's getting it from all sides, it seems like good business.

*I do not apologize or mitigate my contentions above with any additions. After all, they are opinions and as such, should not require apology. Wanna hop in and tear my theories to shreds, feel free, that's what the board is for. Wanna hop in and start a personal rumble where you call into question my political ideology, morals, and motivations and you're not going to see me fight back at all because you're just wasting everyone's time. I recommend to those who want to generate a personalized shouting match to turn on their favorite political news show (embodying the opposite side of the aisle's ideology) and yell their little heads off.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
looks to me like i should go out and start up a fall out shelter construction business

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I reckon it will start with Iran and then fundamentalist Islam.
Perhaps the bombing of Israel or Europe. Then it will be the west versus the middle east and a few rogue nations.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think that WWWIII started on 9/11 and that was just a taste of coming events. 9/11 set into a motion of greater anti-Amer. policies throughout the world especially in the Muslim world. The saber rattling has been going on since then also. With the recent election of that NUT that is running Iran at the present moment, I think that he is being used by a far greater power that resides in either China or Russia.
If the Russians had their way, we would not be on their backdoor in all of those 'Stan country's. I feel Russia is playing him like a fiddle to perceptually give the apperence that will only play into the favor of Russia by making them look like they really want nuclear programs. Russia can sit back and enjoy some boat drinks while Iran is really doing their dirty deeds.
Russia is also a leader in petro. products as well as LNG. This allience with Iran my prove to be a good move on the part of Russia in the long run concerning their energy needs. About 5/8ths. of the worlds proven reserves is over in that region and IMHO that where it's going to start.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Europeans are scared by the cartoon Muslim reaction ,the US is playing on the IAEA referal to the SC of the UN.
So missiles may start flying at any minute now!
If Ahmadinejad is not as dumb as GWB ,he will attack Israel first,because he knows that the Russians and Chinese are on his back,he's got the Tor-M1 missiles and the EMP tests were successfull.So at anytime(already he announced the future withdrawal of Iran from NPT) he may destroy the spy satellites and launch strategic loads towards his enemies.The Arab League will probably back him up..and good bye!
While the US adm is searching for excuses to nuke that country (with 0.6-300 kT of TNT eqv warheads) ,the Iranians do not need them ,they already have them in the insults of the Prophet
(by the way:the cartoons were publised in September and were circulated recently by islamic radical clerics who added pedophilic pictures in order to raise the mob)
And Ahmadinejad hopes for the coming of the 12th Imam(sort of Islamic Apocalypse) ,so he has no reasonable constraints(and by the way,they don't have second-strike cap,so they have to attack first anyway)

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Before Adhmaingwhatever can launch anything and all the things you described, we would be all over him.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The Chinese will back the west all the way if it becomes a west vs middle east war.

China need the west more than the middle east, and as it is emerging as a super power it will need the west to buy it goods, keep its economy strong, thus allowing it to grow as a super power.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I cant see any new nuclear powers being involved in WWIII It may be started over one but as you all have said we'd be up their rear end so much that you could see us when they spoke to deny that they were building an a-bomb long be4 they could launch anything or even finished building it.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Before the French riot Europe wouldn't sign up for dropping candy canes on Iran. Not so sure now. One real or false flag attack is all that's needed, but I doubt this one will be false flag (anybody that tears the baby out of a preganant woman's womb over a cartoon is can aim for something of the sort).

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bates
The Chinese will back the west all the way if it becomes a west vs middle east war.

China need the west more than the middle east, and as it is emerging as a super power it will need the west to buy it goods, keep its economy strong, thus allowing it to grow as a super power.

I don't think China has aspirations of being a 'superpower', but the only power. The Chinese mindset is much different than ours. The ruling elite are already living as well as they possibly can, and couldn't care less about the common folk. (OK, maybe they're not so different) To the oriental mind 'face' is everything. Taiwan is a constant embarrassment to them and they won't live with it any longer than they feel they have to. Add to this China's recent fence mending with Russia, the fact that we're in Russia's back yard about to use tactical nukes on an allie and trading partner of theirs and you come up with the perfect scenario for the US being attacked, particularly considering our overstretched resources. I'm not saying they will, only that the US attacking Iran presents the perfect timing for them. Personally, I think all this east-west hatred being stoked is an intentional lead up to a nuclear exchange, and the NWO's long planned mass population reduction. I hope not, but I think so.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
WW111 is on it's way...well. First there has to be electronic money, then a one world gov, then NEW WORLD ORDER...hate to say it, but it's true. However, because people are waking up to he truth. We are headed towards the golden age. Other than that, I hope the Galactic Federation of Light will help us...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
WW111 is on it's way...well. First there has to be electronic money, then a one world gov, then NEW WORLD ORDER...hate to say it, but it's true. However, because people are waking up to he truth. We are headed towards the golden age. Other than that, I hope the Galactic Federation of Light will help us...

Have to disagree with ya. WWIII will be the pretext to the NWO not the aftermath. Perhaps you're confusing WWIII with Armageddon?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The "elected" leader of Iran won't see the end of the year. He's a certifiable nut job. A large part of the Iranian populace sees it and even some members of his govt. see it. The fool believes he's some kind of prophet and needs to start a global war to usher in an end times prophet of some sort. If you reside in Iran, this guy is a huge threat to your health and well being. All this sabre rattling does is get missles aimed at you. I predict (keep in mind I have no psychic powers what so ever) that more assasination attempts will be made by moderate Iranians on this guy and hopefully he will be dead by the end of the year.

This leaves us with some other interesting questions. What then? Somebody propped this lunatic up. The populace certainly didn't elect this guy. Is it a group of fanatic imams like we're supposed to believe or an outside power backing him, but who? Russia, China, North Korea? Will there be civil war in Iran when he's taken out? Most likely. It's a double edged sword for the west. We'd love to see a friendlier more moderate Iran, but we sure don't want the supply of oil to be slowed or even stopped because of war in Iran. History proves that. If there is a civil war, then it's safe to assume that the US and GB will most likely arm and aide the moderate faction, but who will arm and support the fundamentalists besides Syria? The answer to that I think will tell us who is behind alot of the terrorism in this world. Iran = terrorism.

Ofcourse this is all assuming this guy meets an untimely end. If he doesn't, then that's 2 lunatics with the bomb eventually, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to start restocking grandpas old bomb shelter.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The US is as far as I'm conserned within milimeters of or past the point of no return DONT STAY ON A SINKING SHIP although that doesn't mean leave. I just mean be prepared to survive another world war and possably nuclear war

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When an Empire is in its last days of life, they tend to look for a way of strength - when and how it'll come is the only real problem. Humans at this present moment are too stupid to move away from war, when it is not needed. This clearly can be seen through the actions of many groups over the last decade.

The Middle East, is not the real "Hot Bed" of activity, the fact the United State's is being played by Russia to this day is a real one. Iraq? Who was trading with them? Russia...who gave the United State's the intel on them having WMD? Russia...who had the ability to remove the WMD from Iraq? Russia...

The same will happen with Iran, in fact you can clearly see Russia and China's involvement with Iran if people bother to read the reports. Once the U.S. attacks, which so many people call for the region will erupt and in the long run the U.S. can't win - or at least, can't control the region. Once they leave Russia/China/India, will be the ones to mop it up and be seen as the "Good Guys" by those with the oil and the United State's will end up being cut off.

Will it be a world war? No. It'll more than likely involve, Africa, Middle East, Europe and the United State's [maybe also Canada]. Russia, China, etc, will all resolve domestic issues - Taiwan for example, Japan as another and the U.S. will be too thin on the ground to do much about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
The "elected" leader of Iran won't see the end of the year. He's a certifiable nut job. A large part of the Iranian populace sees it and even some members of his govt. see it. The fool believes he's some kind of prophet and needs to start a global war to usher in an end times prophet of some sort. If you reside in Iran, this guy is a huge threat to your health and well being. All this sabre rattling does is get missles aimed at you. I predict (keep in mind I have no psychic powers what so ever) that more assasination attempts will be made by moderate Iranians on this guy and hopefully he will be dead by the end of the year.

This leaves us with some other interesting questions. What then? Somebody propped this lunatic up. The populace certainly didn't elect this guy. Is it a group of fanatic imams like we're supposed to believe or an outside power backing him, but who? Russia, China, North Korea? Will there be civil war in Iran when he's taken out? Most likely. It's a double edged sword for the west. We'd love to see a friendlier more moderate Iran, but we sure don't want the supply of oil to be slowed or even stopped because of war in Iran. History proves that. If there is a civil war, then it's safe to assume that the US and GB will most likely arm and aide the moderate faction, but who will arm and support the fundamentalists besides Syria? The answer to that I think will tell us who is behind alot of the terrorism in this world. Iran = terrorism.

Ofcourse this is all assuming this guy meets an untimely end. If he doesn't, then that's 2 lunatics with the bomb eventually, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to start restocking grandpas old bomb shelter.

Oh,c'mmon guys,there are suficient lunatics out there with a bomb to worry about..in 2002-2003 Chechnya(ever heard of it?) displayed an ICBM at a military parade....
So...1945-USA-Israel-UK-Egypt
USSR-China-North Korea-Pakistan-Iran
France-Lybia-South Africa-Brazil
India-?
uranium ext in Romania-via USSR-Iraq-Saudi Arabia
maybe:Australia,Germany,Japan
I'm so tired i'm begining to speak the truth and that's the end of my political career-who wants a guy in power who does not how to lie nicely,anyway?

As for "doctor" Ahmadinejad ,hmm.his son has a pretty web page.He seems civilised,but yeah,savage
))

"The bird always dreams corn"-and that's my answer

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuhr86
As a result, I would expect this attack to occur no later than March 1 to allow for some minor planning on our side prior to attack.

Uh-oh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join