It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Sea Shepherd attacks the whalers "Death Star"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
But money is often the root motive of Japanese endevours.

A whale burger!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I Think I'm Turning Japanese

Originally posted by Netchicken
But money is often the root motive of Japanese endevours.

Based on my knowledge of human nature and human history, I'm not sure that's a uniquely Japanese trait.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've eaten a whale steak in Norway. Wasn't anything spectacular, and there wasn't much of a premium - beef was cheapest, then whale, and reindeer topped the list. I asked the waitress how many steaks one gets from a single whale, she went to the kitchen to find out and came back to tell me that the number was "around two thousand".
It doesn't surprise me that even whale meat can be found in pet food, it's only economical to use all you get, and wouldn't it be even more colossal waste if the meat would just get dumped in the end?

FWIW, I don't much like whaling and the numbers quoted earlier in this thread sound quite excessive for just scientific purposes (and some eating).

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Profiteers are murdering the creatures we share the world with for profit. I salute these activists.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by picklewalsh

I totally agree with ya. While the Sea Shepard and Co. are trying to do good, they put lives at risk making their attempts to stop the whaling

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I do not support violence, yet support Sea Shepherd, for this is in defense of those other people we share this planet with who have larger neo cortex's than our own. And we must stop this first degree murder of these advanced cosmic citizens, and stop it now.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Old thread i know, but the sea shepherds are back in Norway. And probably up to no good as usual.

closely monitored by the coast guard

and whalers

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join