It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will America be a superpower?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Tuk

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by picklewalsh
After all if this new United European Army comes to a reality then i dont think they would be so all powerfull.

You do realize what you've advocated here, don't you? This would be the beginning of a The New World Order where nations unite under one government. Why in God's name would you advocate surrendering control of your sovereign military to the whims of other nations?

I don't understand what's wrong with one government for whole world. If it would work it would end wars, terrorism, poverty, starvation etc.

That is if it would work, without all those secret polices and without being run by mega-corporations.
If it would'nt work, well i think we all have seen movies about that..

US has always had problems being equal with other nations, they always seem to think that they are better than other nations. (atleast those in power seem to think so)
Being world only superpower may cause that.. I think brits were once like that too..
That will cause much antiUSAism all around the globe.

Then there is of course question about India and China, what are they going to do?
Their need for oil is growing rapidly, and sooner or later they will be able to pay more for it than US, and that may cause some serious problems for US.

And of course, nature can decide to destroy US anytime, there are 3 supervolcanoes on US, each just waiting to explode. If any of them erupts, that will cause serious trouble for US, and also lot's of trouble for rest of the world.

And that "unified european army" is not about giving control of member nations armies to EU, it's about forming new army with member nations supplying troops for it . Much like UN peacekeeping ops are done.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I think US's place will be replaced by China. Either violently or slowly and peacefully.

China's hayday is still centuries in the future. Their economy is too fragile and unstable. A lot of global economists and political analysts are worried about China right now. They could easily have a major political and economic implosion any day. Probably will within 10 years.

Consider the implications of a huge populous nuclear nation in the throes of a multi-factional civil war.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

As long as America keeps electing strong leaders like George W. Bush, America will be a superpower.

Sure we might mess up and elect a weak leader like Clinton every once in awhile. But all that does is make us stronger when the weak leader is replaced by an even stronger one.

Just switch out the part where it says Bush with Clinton and vice versa, then you have yourself a recipe for success!

Your argument that Clinton was a weak leader is completely baseless, and he still continues to influence politics today.

I am also asuming that by 'strong' you mean spending trillions of dollars on the millitary budget. I hope you realize that an overstreteched millitary budget isn't at all a good thing. Refer to the hegemonic stability theory.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
Your argument that Clinton was a weak leader is completely baseless, and he still continues to influence politics today.

Is that statement from a comedy TV show?

clinton ranks among the worst national leaders of any nation in history. his only influence on today is that it will take decades to recover from his mismanagement and treasonous blunders.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Within a century. Even now America is backsliding now, and unless the infrastruture of the government is completely changed and improved US will eventually be replaced within 100 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
Just like the fat, disgusting, sweaty, cigar chomping redneck that the plumbing company sent over to fix your toilet, you know when he bends over what you are going to see.......right?

I know you're not making a redneck remark...1/2 of my family are "rednecks". Seems to be some kind of racist slurr to me that is just accepted in society these days. Would you say something like this if the "typical plumber" was black and call him the "N" word? "Just a typical N-word plumber, chicken grease running down his fat mombo lips blah blah blah", see what I mean. Takes on a whole new definition when you substitute this unacceptable word into the equation.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi and Happy New Year,
Sorry America is not the superpower since she failed to look after her people in the Hurricane. If you want a Leader it is Australia now.
PeterMack

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
Just like the fat, disgusting, sweaty, cigar chomping redneck that the plumbing company sent over to fix your toilet, you know when he bends over what you are going to see.......right?

I know you're not making a redneck remark...1/2 of my family are "rednecks". Seems to be some kind of racist slurr to me that is just accepted in society these days. Would you say something like this if the "typical plumber" was black and call him the "N" word? "Just a typical N-word plumber, chicken grease running down his fat mombo lips blah blah blah", see what I mean. Takes on a whole new definition when you substitute this unacceptable word into the equation.

Dude if you can wrangle all that hate out of one insignificant 'Redneck' remark, then I would suggest that you take a look at your own racist
attitude. And for your information, I am from a family of southern rednecks!
But unlike you, I can see humor where it is intended! If your over
sensitive racial sensiblities are insulted then I certainly apologize for the
redneck remark. I do not however apologize for seeing humor in society,
whether it be 'Plumbers' or 'Biblethumpers'. Did you hear the one about the Rabi, Catholic Priest and the Babtist Preacher that went fishing? They all three got in the boat and anchored just off shore......after a while the Preacher had to take a leak....so he stepped off the side of the boat, walk across the water to the shore and went behind a bush. Shortly thereafter the Priest did the same thing, he stepped off the boat, walked across the water and went behind the bush. Seeing this the Rabi said he had to take a leak and stepped off the boat and sank to the bottom, nearly drowning before the Priest and the Preacher pulled him back in the boat. The Preacher then said to the Priest, "Rechon we should tell him where the stumps are!"

One of Gods greatest gifts to mankind is the ability to laugh at ourselves!

[edit on 30-12-2005 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Im moving to Canada. Living in the United States with the man in office now has just been an absolute horror. I feel like he brainwashes people, and is only out to get the liquid gold. I dont hate him for what he does, but what I hate him for is that he insults my intellegence. He sits there, at the TV, looks at me, and straight up lies to my face about "ohh were establishing a new government" type BS. We may be doing that on a SIDE job, but what is the REAL and most IMPORTANT reason we are there for? Okay from a side note of my rant....

No, I do not believe America is the superpower, or ever WAS the superpower. We have a strong government, and we hold that. We have outstanding offense and defense. We have some of the right allies to help protect us. But sometimes, I feel like we step in for reasons we shouldnt. Right now, everyone in Iraq should be coming home. The war is over, Bush got what he wanted, and im actually kind of embarrased to be living in this country. I am sorry, I am not trying to offend anyone. Just trying to express my point..

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Can be as long as a few hundred years...

China is not ready to be a superpower and will not be there for a long time simply because of the cultural differences with the rest of the world. Does Europe or US or Russia would like China to be a No. 1 superpower instead of the US? I don't think so. They would rather team up in order to build a counterforce. (superpower = best military + great economy = dictatorship on the international arena)

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
3 Nuclear explosions in 3 major cities. Collapse of economy. No more USA.

That is the worst case. Didnt Russia sneak in nuclear brief cases during the Cold War? They are here, all terrorists have to do is find them and BOOM!

Sorry not a researched answer, just woke up.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If the current administration continues to mismanage the american budget, including spending between 1 and 2 trillion dollars on unnecasary wars then it could be that the U.S.A economically implodes and suddenly the United States of America arn't so United anymore.

Suddenly the former soviet state of Georgia now has a sister state with the former american state of Georgia. Imagine that...Alabama in the olympics.....stranger things have happened....

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
long because they are secretly 50 years ahead of everybody and if they are losing because of oil is running low they only have to introduce something they have for 20 years and say they recently found a way to create something revolutionary.

militairy they are wel ahead of everybody.
they can if they want go in space get some material which is worth much money example helium3 and sell it on the market. they will get very much money for it because it is worth very very much. with the money they can get the debt away in one day.

but if they want to do this they have to get something out of the black world and no they are currently think it is not the right time for that so we have to wait a little longer. but the above can happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join