It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Irish people?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Who are the Irish? Personally, I never thought about it before you asked, but it seems like a darn good question.
Possibly you could get some answers here.
www.ireland-information.com...
There is a free newsletter archive going back to September 1998. Or possibly a query could be asked and an answer given. I'm not sure if this will help, but it might.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The tuatha dan ann (spelling) was supposed to be translated as "The Tribe of Dan" I believe. I guess we could be Israelites. My fathers family was from Ireland and I look like I'm a Dane or Norse. I was even mistaken for a Dane once in the Dutch Carribean. I used to work with a guy and asked him if he was Spanish and he got mad and said I'm Irish man. He could've been a Mexican Bandit.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My last name is of Irish decent, my heart is American and my blood is Texan. It all depends on the way you feel at heart.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You would think that with the advances in DNA research, they could have worked out all such interactions by now. I wonder if they don't want to for some reason?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The people of ireland are decended from the ten lost tribes of isreal. And likewise the island was devided into 10 different provinces of ireland for each tribe.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Some are poets, others are drinkers. Arguably, the best are either neither or both.

Cheers.

- A Random Ryan

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It also seems the Irish gift with horses comes from the Ukrainians who are believed to have been the first to domesticate them and so assist in Gods promised scattering of the tribes of Israel around the world.

Garner Ted Armstrong's site has a large collection of tapes, videos, booklets and books on offer (for free, with no follow up or begging for money) for anyone interested in what The Bible has to say about the movements of peoples through history.

It seems the Irish fame for fighting and "the troubles", comes from their Danite blood, that 'serpent by the roadside' nature, but yes, they have more than enough of 'other blood' to make me wonder why they aren't more famous for their many fine qualities. I wager it's for the same reason people hold negative stereotypes of their cousins, the Polish, that pesky 'Israelite connection'.

This is way too big a topic for me to cover quickly, so please don't anyone jump to judging me as racist or judgemental. To me the "Irish story" is just one of the many that explains why we find good and bad in all peoples and why all judgement should be left to God, who told us all these stories, from beginning to end.

Funny just how related, DNA now tells us people once thought to never have crossed paths, really are, but "education" is still denying. Can't go teaching science that agrees with The Bible though, can we.

Do you really think that if after decades of DNA study and collection, we wouldn't have long ago been convinced The Bible's version of the scattering and mixing of peoples was hogwash, if ANY of those scientific findings even hinted at another story?

By reading The Bible as what it is, a book about and for the whole world, not about and for a small group of Middle Eastern people, the history and future of all man kind becomes quite clear.
The earth didn't divide untill Peleg's time, long after Noah's ark landed, so I would be silly to look for it in a place 'called' Ararat today (even though it's not far from where I live, in central Victoria, Australia!) particularly as the confussion of languages happened some generations after the flood.
Israel, scattered throughout the other nations, is being/will be regathered to a place of peace and security. That is in no way modern day 'Israel'.

The topic drift above, is just my round about way of saying I believe the Irish to be of the tribes of Israel.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I saw this on episode on discorvery were they tried to trace all the blood lines from the irish, scottish, english, and welsh back to the celts. And the only country there were succesful in was wales, they said that the welsh have the thickest blood that came from the original celts. The english, irish, and scots all belong to celtic, briton, and scandinavian ancestry.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 17-3-2006 by malakiem]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The answer to the question is an easy one

The Irish people are those who live in Ireland

Ok more serious note the story that Bo Xian told about the origins being in Egypt strike a cord of familiarity with me and the story of where the Scots came from.
Can't remeber the precise details but it told of how the Scots took thier name from an egyptian princess who travelled to Scotland via Spain and Ireland. She carried with her Jacobs pillow aka Stone of Destiny. Now some would say its a romantic tale but the Scots did originate in Ireland thier initial kingdom was Dalriada which covered the Antrim area of Ireland and up the western seaboard of Scotland, similar area to what would be come the kingdom of the Lord of the Isles. The capital of the kingdom of the Scots was a place known as Dunadd, located in Argyll. This place itself is linked with a ceremony for declaring the king of the Scots, stone on top of the fort mound has a boar, footprint, bowel and several ring marks carved into the rock.

Oh and for those interested I am Scottish, Patriarchal line is Scottish through and through, Matriarchal line is Scandanavian via Ireland. Family name is allegedly old germanic (Lamberth, any information on this would be appreciated)

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
i come from some of the spanish irish, apparently there were a lot of spaish people who arrived in ireland a while ago, dunno why

they were washed up with the sinking of the spanish armada...what I find fasinating is that the australian aborigines are related to the irish genetically. It is not uncommon for aboriginal children to be born with blue eyes and blonde hair that darkens with age.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
..what I find fasinating is that the australian aborigines are related to the irish genetically. It is not uncommon for aboriginal children to be born with blue eyes and blonde hair that darkens with age.

I'm glad you mentioned this. It facinates me that the oldest, continuous 'pure' peoples are Australian Aboriginals and their oral history is also the oldest (and our land, rivers, animals, life forms etc) yet so few seem to study or show interest in their part in common mans history.

Some on this site have already fobbed off mentions I've made about man's true history, but then I haven't shared all I know so it's understandable.
When you go fishing for like minds you have to expect a few snags.

I also find it facinating that the Irish, and just about every other nation/variety of peoples are coming back to settle in this oldest of lands, left totally devastated for most of man's history, yet now one of the greatest produces of everything good to eat.

It's funny, my Australian born son, to two Australian born parents, describes himself as Irish/Ukrainian, the parents of his parents, who's people are also related.

Anyone else get what I'm getting at?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Im Irish on my Mothers side and German on my Fathers side...so i have naturally identified with the Celts assuming it was a major influence on both cultures....my Wife is Belgian on her fathers side and Norwegian on her Mothers I believe that the Vikings made there way into Germany as well...and Both the Vikings and the Celts had influence in Belgium as well? My point being that if your ancestry is from western europe you most likely have a bit of it all in there by now eh?

here is an interesting link i found on dna studies of human migration

www.duerinck.com...

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Doppel]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
One important link/key is the term Scythians (Celts); "the people who dwell in booths".

Eh? Since when are the Scythians and the Celts the same people? If they are, why not go back to William of Malmesbury (or whoever it was) who in the 12th century chronicled the "pre-British" history and had the Scyths come from Scandinavia to Scotland...

With Tea Tephi also a most remarkable 400 pound stone came to Ireland called the Lia Fail, or stone wonderful, or Stone of Scone upon which the Irish line of kings were crowned until about 500 A.D.

Does Lia Fail really mean "stone wonderful"? I'm just asking, since the Fianna Fail is translated "Warriors of Destiny". Anyhow, Scone is also a place name (Gaelic sgonn, "lump", "mass of rock"), with reference to the Mote Hill ("the traditional ritual site of Scottish kings") and not to the famous Stone of Scone, despite the sense of the word.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am from Ireland and I am a red head with fair skin ( iI can burn if I get too close to a 60watt light bulb) just like my mums side. My sister on the other hand has dark hair and complextion like my dads side of the family. My cousin ( on my mums side) did a family tree for my grandparents and it came back saying we were from northern europe in the 1500. I never really gave any thought why my sister and I or even my mum and dads families had such different skin and hair types but this topic has got me thinking. Great topic!!

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Godfrey Higgins has written some very interesting things regarding the original Celts; which may be useful to some.

I've quoted him a few times in these forums:

Returning all posts.

Click on the PostID number to see just the single post, the thread title to view the entire thread, or the last post author for the last post.searching in post (threads/posts).

Thread topic / pages Post Author PostID replies views Last post

ATS Reply to I.F. about Mormons(all welcome to post) 1 2 Tamahu 130840 24 1960 15-12-2003 @ 03:56 PM
jezebel

ATS The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran 1 2 Tamahu 137662 25 1159 26-7-2003 @ 07:07 AM
mikromarius

ATS Reply to I.F. about Mormons(all welcome to post) 1 2 Tamahu 141120 24 1960 15-12-2003 @ 03:56 PM
jezebel

ATS Necronomicron 1 2 3 ..6 Tamahu 343584 104 13119 29-11-2005 @ 02:31 AM
Masonic Light

ATS Met a Five Percenter yesterday... 1 2 3 Tamahu 521975 46 3348 28-4-2004 @ 10:46 AM
ktprktpr

ATS Celtic Cross - Revelation in the Forgotten Knowledge Tamahu 847232 5 22488 20-10-2005 @ 02:37 PM
Tamahu

ATS Celtic Cross - Revelation in the Forgotten Knowledge Tamahu 847242 5 22488 20-10-2005 @ 02:37 PM
Tamahu

ATS Holy Tabernacle Ministries Tamahu 1194048 10 3254 16-2-2005 @ 04:32 AM
duff beer dragon

ATS Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals? 1 2 3 ..17 Tamahu 1286764 329 10478 23-9-2005 @ 01:49 PM
D_Emissary56

ATS India's 'lost Jews' Tamahu 1312338 4 522 1-4-2005 @ 11:46 AM
Tamahu

ATS The Druzes of Lebanon 1 2 Tamahu 1423555 24 1553 29-9-2005 @ 08:20 AM
Masonic Light

ATS Celtic Cross - Revelation in the Forgotten Knowledge Tamahu 1778701 5 22488 20-10-2005 @ 02:37 PM
Tamahu

ATS Who Created Stonehenge? 1 2 3 Tamahu 1933374 47 1399 18-1-2006 @ 07:05 AM
mosca

ATS Who Created Stonehenge? 1 2 3 Tamahu 1942757 47 1399 18-1-2006 @ 07:05 AM
mosca

ATS the All-seeing eye... 1 2 Tamahu 2031365 39 2470 27-2-2006 @ 02:32 AM
Masonic Light

Your saved search URL is: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Perform another Boolean Search.

As you can see, the saved search URL doesn't show the threads when you click on it.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Part of my ancestry on my father's mother's side were called the "Irish Travellers" which were supposedly gypsies who relocated to Ireland and interbred with Irish stock-- the traits are supposed to be dominant. These people are still considered the outcasts of Irish society because of their religious beliefs, their physical traits (very dark, middle-eastern-like skin, and thick black hair), and their nomadic lifestyle.

Racism in Ireland

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i agree that you doont have to have red haisr and frckesl to be irishaas i to am an irish-american and i have very dark blackish brown hair and no freckels.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Im 25 percent irish, 25 percent hungarian and 50 percent italian.
I am a mut. But who isnt in america !

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, they're the ones with the fair skin... usually reddish hair. Like to drink... will want to kick your ass once they've had enough to drink...

Just f'n with you guys.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I just found a little tid-bit on wikipedia that the Irish language is spoken in Newfoundland,Canada.Can any Canadians out there verify this for me? I find it highly interesting.

simple.wikipedia.org...

<< 1    3 >>

join