It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of Ungodly bug is this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A few months ago my sister began screaming in her room, and when I rushed in, I saw a nasty, many-legged bug choo-choo training its way across her wall. Being a bug hater, i intinctively thrust kicked the wall, sending the creature into the ether, but to my horror, most of its legs were left behind on the wall, twitching with an unholy life force all their own. I never forgot that scene, and it came scampering back to me tonight. I was sitting in my TV room when i saw a little shadow scurrying across the floor. Turning on the light I saw another of the Hell-Beasts was in my midst! This time, i overturned a jar candle and trapped it! I gragged my 5 MP cam and carefully snapped a pic of it. After the 2nd pic, the Satan-louse flipped out and began screeching all over the place, prompting me to enact the will of His Holiness, El Shaddai, and smite it with said jar. Epic, no doubt, but after witnessing its leg-twitching death throes for the second, and hopefully last, time in my life, I am left with the quesion.. WTF is this thing????

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
OOps, i forgot to post the pics...Better yet? HOW do I post them? I cand find any help on the site on how to do it.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You must upload the pics to the member-center, get their target address and post it in an “” tag (just make the ['s into ['s). You may also use an image hosting service such as imagebucket. Sounds like a variety of millipede though from the description.

edit to add:
To get the target address from a site like imagebucket.com, you click on the image once its uploaded and look under its properties for a target location.

[edit on 11/11/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks Defcon, I'm gonna give it a go!

Nastybug1

Nastybug2

This should just link you now.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by PrototypeGamma]

[edit on 12-11-2005 by PrototypeGamma]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
First off, could someone (ie a mod) resize the images? It's kinda hard to read the posts by scrolling a screen for each line...

I used to have those all the time back in El Paso, and I think they were on a thread here not too long ago (although I can't remember much about it). I believe they're centipedes of a sort, but not anything to really worry about. I never had any problems with them at least. Still wouldn't want to wake up with one crawling across my face though...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They are called House Centipedes. They have to be one of the ugliest bugs around and damn quick as well. They seem to like any areas where it is damp and boxes and such are stored on the floor as it provides a place for shelter.

www.ipm.iastate.edu...

[edit on 12-11-2005 by skychief]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thanks skychief. Now that i know what the hell these things are, maybe I can do something about them being around......"thus they are beneficial" that site says! Feh! i shall continue my Holy Cleansening whenever one of these damn things sets foot (or 30) into my domain.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well that thing is creepy but I guess you can be happy it wasnt one of his big cousins you found

A guy in the UK found one of these in his house
Plus that one is poisonous and have been known to eat things like birds. Man I wouldnt be able to sleep for a week if I found one of those in my house.

link

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If I found THAT thing in my house, No problem. Really. Because I would simply drown it with the flood of PISS that would cascade down my pant leg. Holy Jebus, that thing is Fear Incarnate.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I find those bugs in my house semi-frequently. Sometimes in and around the shower or bathroom sink. They're harmless as far as I can tell, I usually just wash them down the drain. I've always heard them referred to as "water bugs."

Definitely creepy looking, though.....

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Accutly they are called silverfish . a comen house bug and if you dont belive that typ in silverbug in yahoo photo search.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
THey look diffent from the silverfish I know of and find scurrying around the kitchen and bathroom. Anyway somthing like that in my house would drive me crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, it is hard to tell what it is without tasting it...

But I think Skychief nailed it. It does appear to be the common house Centipede.

There is an ATS thread on it.

The bug police records indicate that it may sometimes goes by the AKA.....House Centipede.

Classification
Kingdom Animalia (Animals)
Phylum Arthropoda (Arthropods)
Superclass Myriapoda
Class Chilopoda (Centipedes)
Order Scutigeromorpha (House Centipedes)
Family Scutigeridae
Genus Scutigera
Species coleoptrata (House Centipede)

More commonly known as: Eeewww Yuck....Get it OUT OF HERE!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Probably one of the single scarriest moments of my life was shortly after watching some damned scarry movie about bugs (the name escapes me at the moment) taking a shower and having one of those god forsaken creatures crawl across my foot. I am a 6'4" 250lb truck driver and there isnt much I am afraid of but I'll be damned if i didnt let out a scream that would have made a b movie actress green with envy.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I fully support you in your holy war against the multi-legged abominations. Show no quarter as you will get none!

Smash you enemies! See them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their larvae!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If i ever saw one of those freaky things i'd smack it with a rolled up newspaper, jump up and down on it a few hundred times then drown the remains in insect spray

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yup, definitely not something you'd want to find skittering across the living room floor at night. Or find out that one was camping in your pant leg when you stick your foot down it, causing said intruder to go flying through the air, land on the carpet, writhe, and promptly play dead.

I don't think I've ever killed anything with more vigor than I did that damned centipede.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Man I wouldnt be able to sleep for a week if I found one of those in my house.

Once when I was a child, one of those crept in the house. My mom had my cousin come and chop it up. I hardly saw anything because my mom wouldn't let me near it.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
After reading this I feel itchy all over. I killed one a few days ago, so they live in Canada too.

I never knew what they were called.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you want to see something really cool spray one with "the works" bathroom cleaner. its kinda neat to watch one disintergrate

<<   2  3  4 >>

join