It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypercube

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can compare notes so to speak as I have some mathematica I would like to discuss with someone in the know. My design models and formulae are (in a few cases)
outside of what one may learn in college. I have no one to really
share my findings with and would like to complete some formulas
with some help and such from one with expertise, knowledge in
higher mathematics and possibly their own research on the hypercube. I am close to understanding its construction but it
needs a few finishing touches.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What's a hypercube?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I cut out after my favorite subject which is the comparatively simplistic prime number theory.

But I think Mersenne primes are cool bananas.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I cut out after my favorite subject which is the comparatively simplistic prime number theory.

I'm sorry Masked, I don't understand what you are saying. Can you please explain?

I'm confused now.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh, all right.

Mersenne primes are just primes that take the form of 2 to the power of P, minus 1... so for example, 7 is an example because it is 2 cubed minus one, and 31 is another because it is 2 to the power of five, minus one.

There are only 39 known Mersenne primes, and the last one was discovered just a couple of years ago by a young Canadian computer geek.

It is 2 to the power of 13,466,917, minus one (from memory). The number runs to something over 4 million digits. Not all prime numbers are Mersenne primes. But if you want to find a bigger one than that, go for it.

Resuming normal hypercube transmission now.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn

I'm sorry Masked, I don't understand what you are saying. Can you please explain?

I'm confused now.

Dont worry i am too.... WTF are we talking about here?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
.....wrrrrooww that's gorgeous. Something like in that movie PY. It's about some Jewish organization looking for tha number of Gods name because once you have it, all the power over a vast amount of things is yours. The genius in the movie finds it....and ....well, you got to watch the movie. It's excellent. All mathematics. Me, I'm all art.

[Edited on 9/19/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah, PI was good in all its black and white glory. I watched it with a brother in law, and fell asleep. He filled me in on the plot that I had missed, and he's no mathematician or international spy.

Neither am I, come to think of it.

This is a really neat, simple page on hypercubes:

mathworld.wolfram.com...

You need some background in measure polytopes, orthotopes and binomial coefficients, but all the crap about tesseracts, Schlafi symbols and Hamiltonian circuits of gray codes is purely optional, at least from the vertex I'm at.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yeah, PI was good in all its black and white glory. I watched it with a brother in law, and fell asleep.

shoulda watched Requiem For a Dream. I guarantee you wouldn't have fallen asleep. and, as far as I know, the phrase is "cool beans", not bananas. also, I'm with Samara. this discussion means little to me, so I'm just making pithy comments because I like wasting bandwith. (that, and I originally thought this topic was about the Time Cube guy. d'oh.)

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh my gawd haha! You are sooo intelligent. You make me blush...

..........woooooow.............

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have seen Requiem For A Dream a few times, and I have the soundtrack and the remixed soundtrack.

"Cool beans" may be a quant expression of the post-adolescent angst-ridden film student of the third millennium, but to me it is no substitute for either of the more poetic and far more engrained "cool bananas" or "cat's pyjamas".

The hypercube, as well as being a concept of mathematica, has also had its name borrowed for some 3-D video game, and several media design companies.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I am play acting on any familiarity with hypercubes, but I am keen to see Lucifer draw the great rhombic triacontahedron from scratch.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hey MorningCrescent it's not wasting bandwidth...we are working on making 200,000 posts! Whether we are learning, doing math, or making artwork!

YEA!

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"Cool beans" may be a quant expression of the post-adolescent angst-ridden film student of the third millennium, but to me it is no substitute for either of the more poetic and far more engrained "cool bananas" or "cat's pyjamas".

hey! I'm not that angsty (anymore). and "cool bananas" must be regional. I'm on the phone with my mom, and she's never heard of it either. I'll bet you're one of those heathens who calls pop "soda", too.

sorry for the thread derail, Lucifer

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Heathen!?

Anyone who calls a softie either "pop" or a "soda" is SQUARE, man.

Not even getting to the CUBOID stage.

Nah, the bees' knees you guys ain't!

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Dude. You're gorgeous. Oh my...I'm fainting. SO intelligent. Every one is fascinated by high intelligence. I'm sure I'm not the only one. YES ! I would LOVE to see a debate...and what could arrive out of it. Hey there's alot to be discovered still!

I am play acting on any familiarity with hypercubes, but I am keen to see Lucifer draw the great rhombic triacontahedron from scratch.

Yes...even King David would be impressed!

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Dude. You're gorgeous. Oh my...I'm fainting. SO intelligent. Every one is fascinated by high intelligence. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

quoted for posterity in case Samara goes on an editing spree again

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Samara's ego stroking and flattery won't get him/her/it into my pants!

I'm not wearing any, my hypercube protects me.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm not wearing any, my hypercube protects me.

and, is this how you wear it?

yay for google image search!

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Back to the topic at hand....

For anyone who has never heard of a Hypercube this link might help.

www.geocities.com...

It's actually very interesting, especially if you like Math, and even more so if you like Geometry.

<<   2 >>

join