It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will ATS Become a Threat to National Security

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Darn good question. And certainly, in my view an important one for the U.S. and it's National Security.

I suppose the answer lies with the ATS Brass in that area, as I feel our subject lines border everyday on the limitations of U.S. Security?, and the only one's who can warn where those limitations are are the people controlling ATS, to its Moderators and Member written views on edge of stuff-stuff.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
National security? I am concerned about inter-galatic security. We are exposing the true Alien Agenda. How long before we begin disappearing? Big Foot, Chupacabras and Time Travelers are surely keeping an eye on this site. There is no escape........... You have been warned!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by web22223
National security? I am concerned about inter-galatic security. We are exposing the true Alien Agenda. How long before we begin disappearing? Big Foot, Chupacabras and Time Travelers are surely keeping an eye on this site. There is no escape........... You have been warned!

nice spin, Yea right!

[edit on 10-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Each and every person here is a potential threat. Not for what we know, but for what we don't know we know.

Where there may be no action against the site, possibly action can be used against those frequent it on a small scale.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

as posted by gangster45
So I guess my question is this, how long until ATS becomes a threat to National Security?

This site will never become nor ever be interpreted as a threat to National Security or national security issues.

Simply put: things may change, but as it currently stands, the owners of this site will never allow ATS to go as far as being listed or viewed as a National Security threat (ie: either to the US or the UK), despite its apparent activism on varying issues, which do not cross the lines of the US and UK defintions of national security classifications.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Good to know, I wasn't sure where ATS drew the line when it came to classified documentation. Now after reading the thread, you're right Seeker, I don't think the ATS Lords
would ever let this place meet with an end due to government 'intervention'.

So I take it that Mods delete things that may attract the wrong type of attention?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
How can ATS become a threat to national security when a thread, like the one claiming that Europe has reported "DOCTORS KILLING" victims of Katrina, GETS PULLED BEFORE ANYONE CAN RESPOND?????

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
O.K. I "found" the thread on "Killer Doctors" again but after reading the responces I'm now sure that ATS will NEVER be a threat AMERICA'S National Security. I do fear though that the lack of concern and compassion displayed by posters will ultimately hurt the nation far more than any "conspiracys" raised on this site.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Twenty-one-year-old Phillip Bailey is being investigated for suggesting President Bush be shot.

Bailey is chairman of the University of Louisville Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.

He says he posted a message on a Web site in response to someone else who suggested that looters in New Orleans should be shot. Bailey wrote that many people were simply trying to find necessities to stay alive. His posting called for shooting -- in his words --"every cop, national guard and politician who stands in your way, including George W. Bush if need be."'

The Secret Service says it'll be up to the U-S attorney's office to decide if Bailey is charged with making threats against the president. That offense can carry a five-year prison term.

Linky:
www.woodtv.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The biggest threat to national security the government needs to focus on is the government.

ATS is a close 4th.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Are you sure that ATS is not ran by government agents to help confuse the sheeple of the world.

I remember seeing a couple of threads similiar to this. The one where it stated that this site is run by aliens was laughed at. The thread that stated that this site was run by the Feds was removed pretty quickly. I believe this site is run by neither but some good ol guys in the UK.

As far as national security goes, anyone could be a threat if they successfully convince the president and congress to pursue an action to the detriment of the US or pursue inaction when action is desperately needed. After saying that, it sounds like anyone participating in politics might be a threat to national security. Openly debating topics and issues here on ATS should be a benefit to national security in my opinion. Plus the Feds can log in and see what all of us crazies or ordinary folks are talking about without even leaving their desk.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
When Will ATS Become a Threat to National Security

Maybe it already has.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If they consider this a national security and then close it down.. Where the hell am I going to get my news from???

Its not like I actually watch TV, cause I dont..
Where will the news come from.. the only reason I got internet is cause of this site... I gave up playing games on a $3,000 system just to look at ATS all day..

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I value ATS as a forum and I always learn new things here. I think it's one of the best BBS's around. The mods are generally good and the administrators seem to put a lot of effort into making the ATS "experience" a productive and enjoyable one.

However, I've posted something in the past that I found on cryptome that was removed because the ATS powers-that-be found it to be dangerous. I'm not saying this to blow smoke up my ass, as the saying goes, but merely to point out that there seems to be a "control" element in ATS which makes sure that some things will not be disseminated, despite being found acceptable by cryptome, which frequently makes the news for coming into the governments attention.

As long as this is the case, ATS will not enter the ranks of sites like cryptome in terms of being a threat to national security. But this isn't a bad thing. ATS provides a forum where I can still discuss just about anything with people from all over the world, which no other conspiracy-related site does as well as ATS does, imo.

-koji K.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A long, long time. WE've been here for 2 years and have yet to make a dent in the gov't's armor. There's bigger, older, more knowledgable and serious sites out there than ATS. We could only become a real threat through some blind luck.

XL5

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Real, working and simple to make free energy device plans would be removed by the mods if the PTB said it was (probably is) classified. Either that or it be debunked or changed about.

I feel that if the mods were asked to remove anything by some one "higher" then them, they would do it. No hackers needed, just a gov/mil email and its gone and the member banned.

However there is always the fact that there are some things that are too wierd for any one to believe that won't get taken down because its just not accepted and theres no proof.

Then theres the common "me me me,...... me too" people who never "add" to the disscussion but like to agree and conform to....fit in. Theres also a sickening double standard that sticks out but no one knows what to do with. I think we do alot of the govt.s/mib job of covering stuff up all by our selves and we are happy to do it for free.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If i remember correctly not too long after 9/11 a lady member of ATS posted something of concern by the FBI and got a visit by them the next day,she was pretty shaken up by them turning up on her door asking her to clarify what she had said in a post.

Does anyone remember what thread it was?

So yes individually,ATS as a whole highly doubtful

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Many of you are correct in saying that there should be no worries seeing as this is merely a discussion site. This of course would seem of no importance to our intelligence agencies right now.

The future is actually my concern. With more and more intel being done on our own citizens. It just seems that it is only a matter of time before a simple discussion about government, any type of talks that are negative in nature about our leaders will be 'highly highly frowned upon'.

Meaning any disagreement with the government can be construed as a threat to wards the government. 5 years ago I would have never thought these things.

For those who seem to think that most conspiracy nuts want these conspiracies to be truth. I find this to be un-true regarding myself personally.

I would love to find that the majority of these accusations that we hear and read are false. Unfortunately, I see more evidence pointing toward sthese things being true than being hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ATS a threat? ROFL, my friend, pure ROFLisms!

ATS these days is on a short leash compared to way back when.

Though I do not doubt several of its members have been/are currently under scope from Uncle Sam or HMG, ATS itself cannot be: it is a business and a business will adapt to survive. Be it survive by avoiding being shut down due to competition or due to State intervention is a matter of the circumstances the Site may find itself in.

Now stop this talk before 'Ze Germans' get here!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
When will ATS become a threat to National Security.

The day we organize rebellion.

oracle

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join