It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Underground Passages and Bases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There is a village called Hendre outside Mold, North Wales, you can see the top half of the underground building from the road where they tested germ warfare there in the cold war. The rumour is its still contaminated.

You mean these Valley Tunnels at Mold?

The last paragraph of the second page mention the site's original purpose: the storage of vesicant.

Vesicant is another name for various War Gases such as Distilled Mustard, Lewisite, Mustard Gas, Nitrogen Mustard, Phosgene etc.

This is probably where the story of germ warfare testing originated; many people confuse chemical warfare with germ warfare.

Germ warfare experiments were carried out in an underground site in the UK during the Cold War, but not at Mold. Instead, the BW experiments, which involved the dissemination of live bacteria, were conducted at the formerly secret WW2 underground British Museum Repository at Westwood Quarry, Wiltshire.

In the mid sixties, it was proposed to convert the underground tunnels at Mold for use as a Top Secret NATO Civil Agency Headquarters codename WELLBRIGHT, but apparently this proposal never came to fruition.

LAC

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i have just found somthing interesting out. one of the enterences to RAF stafford and the UK connection is at Sandon. i shall be paying it a vist for some more info

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
well i live up in the north east quite near newcastle, never heard of the ouston underground facility before, but i have a caravan not too far from RAF Boulmer, i think there was a story on the news not so long ago about RAF Boulmer being closed down? interesting subject though guys!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.bpears.org.uk...

i found this site on google, it says ouston was a regular overnight staging point for military convoys carrying nuclear warheads, so some sort of underground facility would make sense?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
this is an excellent site homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Altho i cannot back this up with a link(ive tried), i remember seing a UK tv show on a secret underground american ''NORAD'' base, in the Lake District. Any knowlege you lot have on this would be a great help

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalDeaf
i have just found somthing interesting out. one of the enterences to RAF stafford and the UK connection is at Sandon. i shall be paying it a vist for some more info

Sandon in Essex? I live in Great Baddow, thats the village right next to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Pickle Walsh,

I don't think that there is a NORAD base in the UK...However, NORAD (Cheyenne Mountain), I believe, was part of the DEW / BMEWS (Ballistic Missile Early Warning System), and was linked to Thule in Greenland, the Faroe Islands, Mormond Hill in Aberdeenshire, RAF Fylingdales in Yorkshire.

I used to live near the Mormond Hill site, and it was massive. There wasn't anything inside the hill though...

Nowadays, RAF Fylingdales can do it all on its own for the UK, with its big Solid State Phased Array Radar, which can scan the skies up to 3000 miles away.

here's all the detail:

www.subbrit.org.uk...

Cheers.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by blue_light]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue_light
Pickle Walsh,

I don't think that there is a NORAD base in the UK...However, NORAD (Cheyenne Mountain), I believe, was part of the DEW / BMEWS (Ballistic Missile Early Warning System), and was linked to Thule in Greenland, the Faroe Islands, Mormond Hill in Aberdeenshire, RAF Fylingdales in Yorkshire.

I used to live near the Mormond Hill site, and it was massive. There wasn't anything inside the hill though...

Nowadays, RAF Fylingdales can do it all on its own for the UK, with its big Solid State Phased Array Radar, which can scan the skies up to 3000 miles away.

here's all the detail:

www.subbrit.org.uk...

Cheers.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by blue_light]

Thank you very much for the info on this, i will be shure to give it a look.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here are some links you might enjoy:

www.londonrailways.net...

www.starfury.demon.co.uk...

there is also an undergound buner used inww2 and in the cold war in Liverpool Uk which is now open to the public.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Fairly New "Doughnut" GCHQ near Cheltenham had massive amounts of construction on its "foundations" lasting longer than building the above ground Building..... its not too far from RAF Brize Norton and maybe linked.
THERE IS A LARGE UNDERGROUND COMPLEX THERE! It probably is the largest in the UK, though of that im unsure, but it is big and IT IS THERE.

However anyone who knows my posts also knows I dont just say things without actual knowledge or experiance not just rumors, and I dont normally talk about these things on the net. So im not going to say anymore on these things again using electronic medium for another 5 yrs or so !

So just to let everyone know, and guys be aware, these posts are being analysed and flagged by computer, then looked at by a human within a close time of posting! and he/she probably is underground (HIYA LOL) either at GCHQ or in the Yorkshire US NSA base that everyone knows.
YOUR NAME IS FLAGGED NOW GUYS TRULY! but mine was years ago so there we go lol!

Regards

Elf

[edit on 6-1-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

there is also an undergound buner used inww2 and in the cold war in Liverpool Uk which is now open to the public.

I think what your refering to is the Western Aproaches, it was the Allies HQ for the battle of the Atlantic.Not shure about it's use during the Cold War, but its very possable, it has only recently opend to the public.

Here is the link

HERE

Take A Virtual Tour

Have a read it is very intresting.

That is the only one i can think of that has been open to the public.

Let me know what you think.

Pickle.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

I think what your refering to is the Western Aproaches, it was the Allies HQ for the battle of the Atlantic.Not shure about it's use during the Cold War, but its very possable, it has only recently opend to the public.

Here is the link

HERE

Take A Virtual Tour

Have a read it is very intresting.

That is the only one i can think of that has been open to the public.

Let me know what you think.

Pickle.

Yup that's the one !!!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If i am right in assuming your from the wirral(from your sn), i would sugest going as it is very intresting. Also have you heard anything about the suspected Nuclear controll center under Bootle docks, i used to work there and have seen many heavy steel doors leading under the docks itself.

Also feel free to add me to MSN my addy is at the bottom.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am currently living and working in the Dorset area of the UK. I am originally from Australia, and have been here for a couple of months so far.

There is an army live fire range at Lulworth. At times you can walk through part of the range. On the main path, you can easily see many bunkers that look like they all join. This may not sound too intersting on first glance, as most of this stuff was from WW2 era.

They weirdest thing though is that there is about 100 metres of striaght train line that entires a passage at a downward angle. This would indicate that there could be a very substancial network of underground tunnels in this area, enough to support a scaled down train network.

Anyone else have any more info on this?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I can tell you that the biggest underground facility in the UK is on an American Base. I really dont want to name it or to tell you i have been on it.

Its become a quiz. Can anyone name it. I will never tell but lets see if we can all work it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Auspegasus,

It may be something to do with the former Ace-High Communications System, part of which was based in Ringstead, Dorset. Ace-High was the main NATO communications system up until the mid-eighties, and involved a number of sites in the UK and in Europe.

Have a look at the below link for more info:

www.subbrit.org.uk...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
does anyone know if there is any secret underground bases near Thornaby/Middlesbrough (UK) these places are south from Newcastle or and were exactly is the base at Ouston newcastle? i will send in sum pic if i know were it is..

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Altho i cannot back this up with a link(ive tried), i remember seing a UK tv show on a secret underground american ''NORAD'' base, in the Lake District. Any knowlege you lot have on this would be a great help

I think the location is Menwith Hill - scans virtually all tel cons in UK searching for keywords.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We have skipped into this topic on another discussion...
there is a place outside liverpool called burtonwood that was a major storage dump:
The 11 Kingdoms of the Post-NuclearUK

PS
I am from the Wirral too!

[edit on 3-2-2006 by bigdanprice]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join