It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned underground missile base (images)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is a missile base that was functional up until some point in the late 1960's when it was decommissioned, mostly dismantled.

Virtual Tour:

triggur.org...

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by quaneeri]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Pretty good find. I went through the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
jetsetter.

Thanks.

Yeh, the pics are very interesting.

Something you don't get to see very often.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Very cool! Would love to place a bid on that place!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
dragonrider.

I don't think it will show up on e-bay.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Actually, if its tehe one I am thinking of, it has been up for bid by the USAF at least once with a minimum bid of 3 million...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That would be sweet. We could straigthen up the place, get some furniture and what have ya, and make it the private ATS bachelor pad! We can throw massive keggers every night and b.s about conspiracies! ............Playin, but that's pretty cool though. Nice find.

~Peace and Love to you.
Jeff.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yea a place for other like minded intelligent respectfull thinkers to gather and ammass more knowledge and respect for all that is. great where do i send my 2 dollars oh my bad i already paid taxes i want in.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
~ See? you know what I'm talkin about ummm.........the black box covers your name
But hell yes, that would be the best ever! ATS and it's own private NORAD!

~Love and Luck to you .
Jeff.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
QUOTE:

quaneeri.

A few weeks ago on one of the cable shows like travel channel they had "very unusual houses". One was built on a old atlas missle silo I think in New York. The builder bought a big piece of land with an airstrip from the government, with the complete silo in tact. He built a regular house over the top of it above ground, than many storys underneath was 2 rooms converted into a bedroom and den. Both very big rooms, they were the sleeping quarters room and the control room for launches for the silo crew. The entire missle silo was still unchanged except it had been filled with water. They pumped it all out and it took many years just to clean before building the house and 2 rooms. They have not built in the silo itself, but is enomous in cubic footage to have a lifetime of building to do. Imagine it was big enough to hold the entire atlas missle underground.

QUOTE:

Quaneeri.... I saw a show a while ago about some of the uses that these abandoned sites are being put to. They showed a site in Kansas that had been converted into a grade school. Makes a lot of sense for tornado-prone area. This site even had a huge underground garage that they were using for the bus barn.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Very cool site! Thanks!

Didnt most silos also have a house on top as a cover/entrance?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
DeltaNine.

Thanks.

Abandoned missile silos become safe homes:

The Zwonitzers have turned the old generator room of their Atlas E missile silo home into a cavernous recreation room.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
hey if we get all ats members to ... throw $1000 in we can buy a place like that!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.missilebases.com...#

Actually this one was on ebay a couple of years ago but I guess it was a little more than most could pay-pal. Still, its seems the location would be tempting not to mention how cool it would be to live underground. For now, I'm just happy to have my basement but maybe one day...

Could you imagine the parties you could have there?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

One was built on a old atlas missle silo I think in New York. The builder bought a big piece of land with an airstrip from the government, with the complete silo in tact. He built a regular house over the top of it above ground, than many storys underneath was 2 rooms converted into a bedroom and den. Both very big rooms, they were the sleeping quarters room and the control room for launches for the silo crew. The entire missle silo was still unchanged except it had been filled with water. They pumped it all out and it took many years just to clean before building the house and 2 rooms. They have not built in the silo itself, but is enomous in cubic footage to have a lifetime of building to do. Imagine it was big enough to hold the entire atlas missle underground.

I was going to point out this! I saw the same special....
Pretty neat digs actually...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I could use one of those silo's the next time a killer comet heads our way.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If i win the lotter im so buying a place like that, turn it into some kind of a headquarters ... triple coated nuclear and biological damage proof, and your all invited, we can have a party ... now to turn 21 and winning the lottery.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, I think a missile silo would be a cool place to live.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That was a cool find !. I have a base not far from where i live that is abandoned - i think some firm is trying to buy it to build some secure storage facility for offfsite backups.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Silk.

I hope you have your camera ready.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join