It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we react!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Astronomers are searching hard for that first interstellar phone-call from ET. But when it happens, how will we react? Will it be a major trauma for humankind, or a new beginning?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Any links?

We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribue to the discussion.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i await this phone call....but it may have come already, and even when it does, do you think the government is actually going to let the public know that there is a confirmed extraterrestrial presence out there? they have enough stuff on their backs with all the ufo hysteria and area 51 stuff

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think that humans were to see a real E.T. they would beat it/them with sticks to death. Thats just the way we are.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here you go!!! Forgot to put in the link last

timewww.firstscience.com...

what happens next? Is humankind prepared to learn that the fictional aliens of Hollywood have living, unpredictable counterparts in the local galactic neighborhood? Would the news galvanize people with the excitement of a major discovery � or, alternatively, sound the alarms of fear?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Some people might be scared and we might go into choas. But theres a large group who don't see aliens as a threat, so i think we will get on well with the little green man

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
STICKS !! more like guns ...bombs...anything they could throw at them from a distance

I would not do it though
i would love to be the one who says
WELCOME TO EARTH

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's my thoughts on this:
We, the inhabitants of Earth, will likely have an actual 'first contact' before the "interstellar phone call from ET."

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
asala,
That link didn't work for me. Perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.firstscience.com...

Edit :::the above link works

try again or just type it in to the search bar

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by asala]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
How would I react? Hmmm, First reaction would be I hope its not a collect call! Seriously though, I think there would be in initial reaction of fear untill the ETs intentions were understood. Considering the different trains of thought on our own orgins and religous mind sets, I feel that reactions would depend on what they have to tell us about us. What would the general religous masses do if they said hey! Zitchen(sp) was right! or Jesus? Mohammed? ohhh you mean those two space wrecked freighter commanders that crashed here. Or on the other hand, yes there is a God and yes there is life after death. Or the least likely, remember that Outer Limits episode " How to serve Man"? Okay all you prime ribs, into the cattle ships its harvest time!!! I guess what I am saying is I think the actual reaction would come after what ETs intentions were. And reaction worldwide would be based on that.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Open arms to first impressions
Backstab and learn hard lessons

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If I saw a E.T. I would capture it, beat it to near death then I would sell it to the government for billions.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
we should abduct afew ETs and see how they like being taken at night
do afew experiments on them and dump in a field somewhere...........damn aliens

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
we should abduct afew ETs and see how they like being taken at night
do afew experiments on them and dump in a field somewhere...........damn aliens

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by infinite]

Probe them in their alien arse while were at it?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Intriguing �. Aliens can defend themselves from guns bombs and other such things but hitting them with a big stick will work every time! I like this Idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hmmmm ya all just alien bashers
i come in peace....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here's something to think about while trying to find the answer to the subject:

Originally Posted By Cammo Dude
The individual mind is dangerous, but if you throw them in the masses, you can easily control those minds.

...and if you throw a few convincing idoits in there...

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would be apethetic to them. Ok, so Im right, aliens exist thats nice.

Unless the little green bastards offered to take me on a ride in thier UFO and get me off this stupid planet away from the cesspool of humanity, Id have absolutely nothing to say.

They wanna talk to me, i wanna talk about a one way interstellar ticket off this nightmare!

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think most people would be ok with proof of ET. The only people I see having a MAJOR problem with ET is those that are devout god believer's ... God never told them about the little green men from mar's, so they will have a hard time dealing with these being's. They'll call them demon's and try to kill them. Me ... I'll kill the religious people before they touch my little pet martian !!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join