It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV Image of 7/7 'Bombers' has been Doctored?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
mph

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There are two sets of railings,not one.Imagine looking at them from above.There is a gap of a few feet between the one on the left and the one on the right.The one on the right is the mirror-image of the letter "L".The railings are shaped that way so that you can walk through the gap,but you can't ride a bike through.There are lots of railings like that all over the country.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Looks like a photoshop to me, you can open just about any video file you like with Adobe Photoshop as a .flm file and paint away literally frame by frame. That railing where his elbow is bent is a pretty blatant screw up. His elbow might be bent, but is his jacket transparent as well?

Happens all the time...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-5-2006 by twitchy]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure how you can make out any kind of conspiricy from that hugely compressed, and therefore very poor quality, still from a digital video image.

I have just looked at it for 3 mins and can't make out anything in it, let alone apparently bent railings. It could be a man emerging from a coal mine at night for all I can see.

This is exactly the same as that "Queen is a lizard" thread. Someone take a terrible image where about 4 pixels are representing someones face and starts making all sorts of wild claims. It is really desperate stuff.

Dae

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
His elbow might be bent, but is his jacket transparent as well?

Wow, glad you mentioned that because I was going to read the thread again and find out where I missed the discussion on this. I see it too, and Im kinda confused it hasnt been mentioned. The 3rd bar down on the railings looks the most confusing, it seems to disapear behind the 2nd man's rucksack giving the impression that the 3rd man's coat is behind the bar. I had a look in painshop and highlighted the odd shape of the 3rd man, if that isnt his coat behind the 3rd bar and its the building behind him, then what on earth must the shape of his body be? Ive highlighted the area in question, including the guy's foot... wheres the rest of his body?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For the record....

This thread was NOT created by Merc_the_Perp/Mister_Narc.

He has no idea who this MERC fellow is.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
MERC was here before your friend found out how to turn the computer on, everything isn't all about you believe it or not

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
About me?

Before he could "turn a computer on"?

What are you talking about?

I understand that moderators here love to antagonize with sarcasm/ridicule but I simply stated a fact.

MERC that created this thread is not Merc_the_Perp.

Not every post is an excuse for you to attack.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Believe it or not most people round here arn't going to assume that MERC who has been a member for 2 years is your friend. I know you two guys like to think you're the Batman and Robin of 9/11 on the Internet, but until you popped your head up I'd actually forgotten all about you, like most people
Welcome back by the way

Now you've had your 5 minutes of fame, back to the topic, it is important to realise that compression of images does cause significant anomolies. Now remembering that even the best picture we have is a small compressed version of the original, this comparison should help demonstrate the significance of compression to anyone who is not well versed in these matters:

The image on the left is a section of the best quality image we have available, and the one on the right is an extreme example being at maximum compression using Photoshop:

As you can see the railing are non-existant!

And there you have the illusions caused by compression.
You see it works by approximating the shades of pixels adjacent to each other so it does cause bleed over effects. It's basically just not designed to be so closely scrutinised, it would be like trying to find the fine detail in a Simpsons cartoon drawing.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't care about this topic.

I merely said it wasn't Merc the perp that posted it.

But of course you felt compelled once again to use sarcasm but THIS time interlaced with name calling while telling me what I think.

You should ban yourself since you are clearly unable to communicate on a civil/intellectual level.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The point is mate that you really didn't need to point out that your friend didn't post it because MERC on here was around long before he was
The fact that you think you and your friend are significant enough to get confused is a fine example of your incredible arrogance.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Now that Everyone has reacquainted themselves, and effectively derailed the discussion, perhaps we can get back to the topic of this thread?

CCTV Image of 7/7 'Bombers' has been Doctored?

Thank you.

[edit: ?sp & grammar]

[edit on 5/4/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well just because YOU know that doesn't mean everyone does.

I simply had one thing to say and had no intention of "steering the conversation" as you have done by repeatedly attacking me with sarcasm and ridicule as you did FOR THE THIRD TIME with your last post.

Seriously dude......you need to ban yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC

Peek-a-boo? Surely they wouldn't be so sloppy as to leave a rail running halfway through the Guy at the far rear? Is there anyone here with a good understanding of image editing and the like who could verify if this is genuine? I checked other more Mainstream sources and confirmed the image is the same that was circulated by the Metropolitan Police;

[edit on 123131p://550712 by MERC]

NICE ONE Merc!!!!!! Well done for spotting that I have seen these images before but I never checked in detail I wish I had cuz I never noticed the problems with the image.

You can clearly see the bar running though the offenders head!!!!!!!! Clear as day mate, ill check other images from the London bombings to see if there are any other doctored / edited or fake images, Ill let you know if I find anything but nice one for noticing Merc.

Take it eazy

Alex (alex1981)

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Uh? Did you read the whole thread?
The only reason it looks remotely like that, even though personally I think a bar going through his head is reaching, especially in the less compressed version, is due to the way that JEPG compression works. JPEG by it's nature is 'lossy' and works by approximating colours of pixels in relation to each other. If colours are similar then they tend to be approximated to the same and you also get a lot of bleedover depending on the compression settings.
Trying to pick out minute detail in pictures like this is impossible, it's like trying to spot your house in in a WXsat image.

In the compressed version the same anomoly can be seen going across the screen anyway, looking incredibly like the effect you get from a worn video tape...

In the less compressed version it's not going through his head at all...

[edit on 11-6-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Peek-a-boo? Surely they wouldn't be so sloppy as to leave a rail running halfway through the Guy at the far rear? Is there anyone here with a good understanding of image editing and the like who could verify if this is genuine? I checked other more Mainstream sources and confirmed the image is the same that was circulated by the Metropolitan Police

I doubt theres anybody on ATS who has a better knowledge in photo editing and faking than the person paid to (allegedly) fake this image. Do you really think that a casual forum and internet user such as yourself could catch out the talent -that you hint towards- that was paid by the government to fake an image that was to be released globally?

[edit on 11-6-2006 by GeniusSage]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
No matter how I play with the levels, sharpening, contrast or whatever on this image, it seems to clearly show a face.

As far as faked details are concerned there is nothing wrong with that picture.

What I do find strange is why we can't see any other commuters going into the station

<< 1  2  3   >>

join