It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i become a Mason??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sorry suzy, I saw a Mason admonish another this week to chill. My words, not his.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stegosaur
So take heart, ShadowFlux. While I am not a FreeMason myself, I do not think they are so judgmental that they can't see a good candidate despite his current circumstances, if he is making a suitable effort to better himself. If you have the right stuff, it will shine through. However, I would take the time to get a few things in order before they show up to the house, like you would for any important guests, because it shows initiative and attention to detail. It demonstrates that you are interested in effectively managing your own affairs, as well as a healthy level of pride in how you appear to others. On a subtle level, it is a reflection of what is important to you because you live it everyday.

Stegosaur is 100% correct about what he said. Nobody is going to judge you based on your family situation, and nobody is going to think less of you because of the condition of your home, etc etc. Like Steg said, what WILL matter is what your home says about your character. If you are making the best out of what you have, that speaks volumes of your character. If you are a good person who has a sincere interest in improving yourself, as well as helping your brothers improve themelves, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you have any other questions regarding the interview, feel free to send me a u2u and ask me anything you want.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Intrepid is right, I saw the same response he's thinking of, I believe. It was in response to a question about whether new initiates are drugged or not. Saw it with my own eyes. So they do police themselves to a certain degree. Although I will say that's the first time I've ever seen the ATS Masons break ranks.

I should also mention, that of all the members of ATS, the masons are generally the least prone to flights of fantasy and ignorant ramblings. They are less likely to be the instigators of flame wars than their detrators.

They are a little touchy sometimes, as you can see from this thread...

But you would be too if you shared their history. Know the story of the Knights of the Temple, and you will know the damage a ridiculous fabrication of the truth can do.

So if they're a little sensitive to accusations, it's not without reason.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
It's funny that when 'brothers' can't even make simple sentances clearly understood, other brothers politely ask for clarification but when an anti-brotherhood person raises issues of corruption with you lot, in answer to your own question, "what's so evil about masonry?", they are ridiculed and called a loon.

Actually, you were called a loon BY A NON-MASON simply because of what you were saying and the way you were saying it. It was random nonsensical dribble, which didn't make ANY sense and had nothing to do with the topic being discussed. This is why they said you were coming off like a loon. Get with it.

When you don't like someones own experiences with masons you try to discredit them by attacking their sanity while leaving all those good 'brotherly' manners in your little black bags.
At least some of you admit there are 'bad' masons and if you can't admit 'they' won't use their 'network' in bad ways then I have to question your sanity and/or honesty.

Nobody ever said what you just accused us of. BUT I CAN tell you that Freemasonry is not an organization that can easily be used for personal wrong. THIS is why I insist that masons do not use the fraternity in that way. They may use their membership to gain benefits, which is also wrong, but they cannot twist the fraternity and use it as a tool for their own means. Doesn't work that way, too many people working towards the common good and wouldn't stand for someone to put the fraternity in peril.

By the way, why did you post this in THIS thread? It has NOTHING to do with the topic. Why must you derail threads in this manner?

[edit on 25-7-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
It's funny that when 'brothers' can't even make simple sentances clearly understood, other brothers politely ask for clarification but when an anti-brotherhood person raises issues of corruption with you lot, in answer to your own question, "what's so evil about masonry?", they are ridiculed and called a loon.
When you don't like someones own experiences with masons you try to discredit them by attacking their sanity while leaving all those good 'brotherly' manners in your little black bags.
At least some of you admit there are 'bad' masons and if you can't admit 'they' won't use their 'network' in bad ways then I have to question your sanity and/or honesty.

It isn't a question of sanity but one of logic. The assumption is a "Bad" Mason would be able to use his "network" in bad ways. This assumption necessarily includes the "network's" willingness to be used in such a way. Logic will tell you that there are bad people in any organization from Cops to the Boy Scouts, but assuming that all cops are bad because one or two might be and that those bad cops would be able to use the other cops to bad ends is going a step further. It would assume that the cops or Masons or any other group, no matter how altruistic, would be willing to step over lines because they are part of this "network".

Bad Masons clearly will exist, usually will be expelled, but certainly cannot control the "network" of Masons and create havoc. It is necessary to look logically at the goal of Freemasons and see if such an altruistic society has any part of its organization that one man could corrupt the entire Fraternity to his own ends, then one can realize that this is seriously flawed logic. What are they going to do, take over the hospitals and help burn patients to their own "evil" plan? Which part of Freemasonry are you assuming could be used in a fashion that would promote evil inside the Fraternity?

That a Brother could be a bad person is definitely possible and has happened in the past, that he would not be expelled, illogical at best, that he could take control and run Freemasonry, entirely impossible. One man doesn't run even one Lodge, let alone all Freemasons. Nobody in Freemasonry has the power to do such a thing, not in any body, not in any way.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Following the advice of nearly every Mason on ATS I read a good portion of the information provided on MasonicInfo.com. I am intrigued to say the least, however, under the section entitled "The Investigation"

If deemed worthy for acceptance would an initiate be able to contribute in other ways during times he was not able to contribute financially?

I would also like to know whether there would be other hinderances to acceptance not mentioned on the site a propsective initiate should consider? By this I mean levels of education, marital status, family history etc. When meeting with an Investigation Commitee what are the types of questions generally asked?

I went through this investigation process a little over a month ago, and I was very nervous before it happened. However, the three gentlemen who came to my home and spoke with my wife and I were very nice, friendly, and down to earth... so I was worried about nothing. They really ended up having a discussion with me rather than grilling me with questions, and the entire process was quite pleasant.

As far as the financial things are concerned, I would not worry about it too much. In the area where I live, dues are $96 per YEAR (and they just doubled), so we're not talking about a significant amount of money. I would assume (and maybe some of the Masons here can confirm) that the dues are not too different in other parts of the country.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Actually, you were called a loon BY A NON-MASON simply because of what you were saying and the way you were saying it.

That was me that made that comment; I didn't really call her a loon either, I just said that she was coming across as a loon because the topic she started made no sense. It was basically one long run-on sentence about some sort of trial and child abuse, but did not give enough detail to really understand what the heck she was talking about. I suggested that she trying writing in a clearer style so we could understand what she was trying to say. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Following the advice of nearly every Mason on ATS I read a good portion of the information provided on MasonicInfo.com. I am intrigued to say the least, however, under the section entitled "The Investigation"

If deemed worthy for acceptance would an initiate be able to contribute in other ways during times he was not able to contribute financially?

I would also like to know whether there would be other hinderances to acceptance not mentioned on the site a propsective initiate should consider? By this I mean levels of education, marital status, family history etc. When meeting with an Investigation Commitee what are the types of questions generally asked?

I went through this investigation process a little over a month ago, and I was very nervous before it happened. However, the three gentlemen who came to my home and spoke with my wife and I were very nice, friendly, and down to earth... so I was worried about nothing. They really ended up having a discussion with me rather than grilling me with questions, and the entire process was quite pleasant.

As far as the financial things are concerned, I would not worry about it too much. In the area where I live, dues are $96 per YEAR (and they just doubled), so we're not talking about a significant amount of money. I would assume (and maybe some of the Masons here can confirm) that the dues are not too different in other parts of the country.

Actually quite a bit cheaper in some areas.

In CO, the Prince Hall Masons are the most expensive way to go. Our lodge (not a Prince Hall Lodge) dues were $65 this year and that includes the Per Capita charged by the Grand Lodge. Sometimes it depends on membership. Smaller Lodges usually will charge more so that they can meet their expenses such as rent and phone, etc.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by No1tovote4]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by No1tovote4
Smaller Lodges usually will charge more so that they can meet their expenses such as rent and phone, etc.

That's interesting. I'm not sure if my lodge would be considered "large" or "small". In this area (Cincinnati area) we have literally dozens of lodges in the surrounding areas (southwest Ohio, northern Kentucky, and southeast Indiana). This particular lodge has about 170 members.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I went through this investigation process a little over a month ago, and I was very nervous before it happened. ... They really ended up having a discussion with me rather than grilling me with questions, and the entire process was quite pleasant.

The investigation and interview process is designed to answer the candidate's questions as well as have him answer the investigator's questions. It really is a very informal process. For my interview, the senior warden (who is a lifeguard captain) came to my home on his lunch break, in his red shorts, shirt, sandals and his lifeguard truck.

Actually, dues at my lodge are only $36 per year, and have been this way for a long time. But my lodge is fairly lucky because it has lots of money put away and invested, so it can afford to keep dues low.

That was me that made that comment; I didn't really call her a loon either, I just said that she was coming across as a loon because the topic she started made no sense. It was basically one long run-on sentence about some sort of trial and child abuse, but did not give enough detail to really understand what the heck she was talking about. I suggested that she trying writing in a clearer style so we could understand what she was trying to say. Oh well.

All of this individuals posts are the same way. VERY convoluted, run-on, confusing and they truly make no sense at all. I don't think this user will ever realize it, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but i'm confused.

In the link in the opening post when explaining the main requirements its states ;

"Masonry does not attempt to define or delineate how a person should pray or to whom worship should be addressed"

Yet further down in the example application form thats used it states;

"Freemasonry interferes neither with religion nor politics, but has for its foundation the great basic principles of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man. No Atheist can be a Freemason."

Can someone explain this? can an atheist be a freemason or not?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No, Not in the larger branches of Freemasonry ( anything branched from the Grand Lodge of England). You can join OTO, or any branch from the Grand Orient De France.

You do not have to beive in Jesus, Mohammed, Abraham, or any other prophet, Just in a supreme being/creator.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Atheists don't believe in God. Freemasons must.

Maybe you're thinking of agnostics?

I can't see an atheist joining, it just wouldn't make sense. I know pagans join, as well as various Christians and others.

But I've never heard of an atheist even trying to join the Freemasons.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

But I've never heard of an atheist even trying to join the Freemasons.

Look into "Absolute Freedom of Conscience"

www.godf.org...

Cug

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy
No, Not in the larger branches of Freemasonry ( anything branched from the Grand Lodge of England). You can join OTO, or any branch from the Grand Orient De France.

I don't think the typical atheist would be all that interested in the O.T.O.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Probably not, but I would think the same of Freemasonry. Apperantly there are some out there interested. Probably for the wrong reasons though. ( world dommination/NWO BS/Etc)

[edit on 30-7-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombiebiello
I was wondering how you join the Free Masons. And if there is still a Junior masons. Also when you join are you really drugged??

Tom,

No drugs, no goat, no hazing. What area do you live in? If you are a serious inquirer, I can give you the name, address, phone number and Lodge Secretary's phone number of a Lodge near you. After that, it's up to you.

Jonathan

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Tom,

Another resource is www.freemasonry.org.... This is the website for E-Mason. If you ask them a similar question (without the drug inquiry), you will get a rather fast answer as the board is heavily monitored.

Jonathan

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I went through this investigation process a little over a month ago, and I was very nervous before it happened. ... They really ended up having a discussion with me rather than grilling me with questions, and the entire process was quite pleasant.

Tom,

If you are worried about them coming over to your house, you can do the interview at the Lodge or some place you feel more comfortable. They invited me over before the Lodge was tiled to have dinner with them. I talked to probally 20 brothers or so and all of them were happy to answer my questions.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
same here. actually i met one brother at my house, another at the coffee house and the third at the lodge before the tiled meeting. the investigation process was nice. As a result, i now have 3 brothers i can definately speak to without a reservation or fear of them not knowing who i am.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join