It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i become a Mason??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I was wondering how you join the Free Masons. And if there is still a Junior masons. Also when you join are you really drugged??

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombiebiello
I was wondering how you join the Free Masons. And if there is still a Junior masons.

To become a Freemason, all you have to do is ask. Call your local lodge and tell them you want to be a Freemason.

There is no such thing as "Junior Masons", but in the U.S. there is an organization for teen boys, The Order of DeMolay, which was founded by Freemasons and are based upon the principles of Freemasonry, as well as being structured in somewhat similar ways. DeMolay for boys, Job's Daughters, Rainbow and Amaranth for girls, are under the "protection" of Freemasonry, and must have at least one Freemason as an officer.

Also when you join are you really drugged??

What's wrong with you? Why would you even ask this?!? Ask yourself, does this even make sense?!? God gave you the ability to reason. Please, use it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

What's wrong with you? Why would you even ask this?!? Ask yourself, does this even make sense?!? God gave you the ability to reason. Please, use it.

I see your patience is wearing thin brother, subdue your passions. I don't think he meant any harm but I understand where you are coming from.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No, but your toilet will explode!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
I see your patience is wearing thin brother, subdue your passions. I don't think he meant any harm but I understand where you are coming from.

You're right, I'm sorry. I realize he didn't mean harm by it, but come on! There was absolutely no need for him to ask that question.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have seen bumper stickers say:

2 be 1 ask 1

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have heard this before although I have never believed it, as I don't see the point in doing it.

Where does this rumour come from? Why do people believe it is so, at least enough to warrant even asking about it?

And what would it accomplish to drug a new initiate? Wouldn't you have people dropping out left and right if that were the case? Would you stay in an organization that you found out had drugged you after you joined?!

It seems a little more than ridiculous to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It may seem ridiculous to some but he/she has every right to ask the question.

Lets STOP the bickering and name calling and attempt to have civilized discussion....if possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stegosaur

I have heard this before although I have never believed it, as I don't see the point in doing it.

Where does this rumour come from? Why do people believe it is so, at least enough to warrant even asking about it?

And what would it accomplish to drug a new initiate? Wouldn't you have people dropping out left and right if that were the case? Would you stay in an organization that you found out had drugged you after you joined?!

It seems a little more than ridiculous to me.

I personally have never heard this rumor about Freemasonry, however I'm not surprised as I've heard much much worse. Perhaps you're new to this board or at least this specific topic so I'll share a few things with you that may help.

Lots of people assume a great deal about Freemasonry, many get things confused, and others simply make things up and let their imaginations run wild. You'll hear lots of crazy things about our Order, the safe general rule of thumb is if it sounds rediculous it probably isnt true.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
It may seem ridiculous to some but he/she has every right to ask the question.

I didn't find the question ridiculous, I found the concept itself (the drugging) ridiculous, which is why I asked where a rumour like this might come from, if there was perhaps a misinterpretation of something in the initiation that would cause an outsider to think that any drugging had taken place.

I'm sure I will ask my share of questions, perhaps "ridiculous" ones by others' standards, and was not implying that it was not worth answering. Which is why I attempted to elaborate on the original thought.

Sorry if I unintentionally offended with my very first post. I was legitimately asking how such a thing could be so and why, that's all.

Anyway... thanks, Khonsu.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I didn't find the question ridiculous, I found the concept itself (the drugging) ridiculous, which is why I asked where a rumour like this might come from, if there was perhaps a misinterpretation of something in the initiation that would cause an outsider to think that any drugging had taken place.

I'm sure I will ask my share of questions, perhaps "ridiculous" ones by others' standards, and was not implying that it was not worth answering. Which is why I attempted to elaborate on the original thought.

Sorry if I unintentionally offended with my very first post. I was legitimately asking how such a thing could be so and why, that's all.

There is a user here on ATS that claims, repeatedly, that Freemasons aske him to joing their lodge and, when he refused, they kidnapped him, drugged him, and forced him to watch masonic rituals. After he STILL refused and escaped, they continually harrass him now by digging through his trash, feeding his dog laxatives, and, this is the greatest ever, BLOWING UP HIS TOILET!

That's right, he claims that Freemasons blew up his toilet. Heeven posted a picture of his exploded toilet. He also accuses his close friends and family of being masons. it's obvious that this user is delirious and paranoid, but what can you do.

Anyways, the reaosn I mention this is because the author of this thread maybe read this user's posts and probably got the idea from there.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah, masonry has a great tradition of being demonized by it opponents, even to the point of alledging child abuse, sodomy, demon worship, and witchcraft. Generally ignorance is to blame.

How do you get to be a mason? Go to a lodge and make yourself known, try to get someone to sponsor you.

Then be prepared to ride a goat wearing the emperor's clothes.

There's honestly nothing sinister about Masonry. Except maybe some masons.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest for knowledge. If you want to have a bit of fun with your new brothers, take my advice and ask them to tell you about the Rainbow girls. You've never seen so much hemming and hawwing.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Then be prepared to ride a goat wearing the emperor's clothes.

... take my advice and ask them to tell you about the Rainbow girls. You've never seen so much hemming and hawwing.

Emperor's clothes and goats? That sounds... entertaining, in a theatrical kind of way, I guess. I suppose there is some reason for it.

What are the Rainbow Girls? I thought they were like the Girl Scouts for the FreeMasons or something...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Emperor's clothes and goats? That sounds... entertaining, in a theatrical kind of way, I guess. I suppose there is some reason for it.

What are the Rainbow Girls? I thought they were like the Girl Scouts for the FreeMasons or something...

There's no goats OR emperor's clothes involved. Seems to me that someone is just trying to mess with ya.

Rainbow and Job's Daughters are for young girls, but they are not like scouts. They are masonic-like organizations that teach young people leadership skills and the sort.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

There's no goats OR emperor's clothes involved. Seems to me that someone is just trying to mess with ya.

C'mon now, you know as well as I do that everyone has to take a ride on Betsy.

[edit on 7/22/05 by Khonsu]

[edit on 7/22/05 by Khonsu]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Seems to me that someone is just trying to mess with ya.

What, me? Never! I have it on good authority that I would never do such a thing.

Re: Rainbow girls. Leadership skills you say? That would explain the obsession they had with B&D...

All in good fun, you understand. I've been around the block a few times, but my personal experiences with masons and other similar organizations' members are no indication of the overall thrust of the ethos.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Re: Rainbow girls. Leadership skills you say? That would explain the obsession they had with B&D...

What is B&D? Sorry, I'm not "down" with the lingo.

All in good fun, you understand. I've been around the block a few times, but my personal experiences with masons and other similar organizations' members are no indication of the overall thrust of the ethos.

Again, I'm having trouble understanding exactly what it is you're trying to say...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I have to assume this is a joke, and if it is...

I have to say that it is one of the most distasteful jokes I have heard in a looooong time.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
B&D means bondage and discipline. And as far as the last paragraph, it was my attempt at a disclaimer. Warning: Your experiences may differ from mine.

Understand?

Axeman
It's not a joke, it's a page from my own sordid history, thank you very much.

Thank God you can't legislate taste, huh?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join