It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of an old Russian UFO crash?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, the image has been opened in Photoshop 3.0 (you can see the mark by saving the image, and opening it in a text editor such as notepad). It may very well have been edited, though it's hard to tell what sort of editing has been done - if it was as much as adding the "UFO" or so little as lightening the photo.

Either way, it's not the original.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by anorwegianguy1972
I sent an email to the people that run www.nemo.nu... , they have a very extensive directory of russian tanks. I got a reply back just now after I sent them a mail yesterday to ask them for help identifying the tank in the background:

"To me it looks as a T-62. Note that the picture is erased to the right and the background of the tank is still there. Thererfor it looks much higher than it is. My ID is based upon the irregular spaces between the wheels. If you have a clue how old the picture is, it would help, but T-62 was in duty up to 1980 in the USSR."

The T-62 was in service from 1961 to 1980, so now we know that the picture is atleast not older than 1961.

I would have to wholeheartedly disagree that the picture shows the background image of a T-62, anorwegianguy1972.

The background image:

A T-62 side profile. Note the size of turret, the rear difference, wheels/hubs, and slack in treading.

Sourced from:
T62 Series Tanks

A BMP-1:

Sourced from:
BMP-1 Fighting Vehicle

Objectively and in comparison, the vehicle in the photos background is a BMP-1.

But regardless, the point of both our assertions is that the image is not from the time period specified [1940-45], being that both the BMP-1 and T-62 appeared in the early to mid 1960s.

seekerof

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah, the BMP fits the description better, I did ask someone that runs a website on russian tanks, and they said it was a T-62.

<< 1   >>

join