It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of an old Russian UFO crash?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Does anyone have more information about this?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So far, my googling has only come up with a few Russian/UFO stories.

However, that photo looks fake. Something large falls from the sky, sticks in the ground with most of itself pointing up in the air with very little damage? Almost seems cartoonish (this comment is directed at the circumstances of the photo, not the poster). You would expect a large crater/ditch and a pretty substantial debris field.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty funny. Seems like Calvin should be in the photo somewhere..

It's probably the top of a water tower or boiler or something they're proud of blowing up with their tank.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
it is someones drawing, people you can see the drawing etches on it. whoever it is, they need more practice on true to life pictures.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaitus
it is someones drawing, people you can see the drawing etches on it. whoever it is, they need more practice on true to life pictures.

Thats not drawing etches, those are called "rasters" and is because of an old photo method, like done in newspapers.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 16-7-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think splinter ETs target Ruassky because their culture tries to de emphasize sexy approach to physicality which splinter's view as key. Witness the extreme bizarre phenomena at Perosobirsk (windows breaking and medusa-like sky phenomenon). (If you are "going spirit" ok, but don't put blinders on.)

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't think it is a water tank..
It has white lights around it and it looks like it has a window to the left of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Not seen this one, especially with paremeter lights-on. Perhap's you can tell us where you found this picture?
Thanks
Dallas

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Found it here but it doesn't have any information on it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Found it here but it doesn't have any information on it.

Hmm...
Many (if not all) of the other photos on that page are known fakes. I think that the site owner just tossed a bunch of his favorite pics on there.

I'll look around the net for the origin of this photo as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here is what I found.

ATS has tried to find out about this photo in 2003.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
No one got any info what-so-ever.

Good luck to us

Edit: Do we know for sure it is Russian?

[edit on 16/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hum,

I seem to remember another ATS thread about this. If I remember right the information gathered indicated that it is a turret that had been blown off of another tank after a battle.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Actually, the reason they called it a Russian UFO crash is because the UFO crashed as a result of it Russian! Get it?? It was rushin'!!! Har Har Har!

Thank you! I'm here all night! Try the veal!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well thanx for trying to find out about the above picture. It's just odd that I have not seen it before in Ufology circles.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There is something about this old picture that can be considered reasonable..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It looks fake to me. Even the size is too small.Compare it to the person who is right next to it. Actually, he is even a little behind... Maybe it is something, but I don't think it is a spacecraft...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Most of them are always guestimated at 25-30 ft wide and in that it seems consitent to me.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I would agree, Malkut.
Besides, for a 1960s photo, it is of serious poor quality.
This link asserts that the photo posted by Nventual is from the 1940-45 time period. IMHO, I find that hard to believe because I do not think that the Russians had BMPs during that time frame. To me, I believe that is a BMP in the background. The first BMP appeared in the middle to late 60s.

Here is another thread concerning a Russian UFO crash:
Crashed flying saucer- Russia 1987

One of the cited links in the above linked thread:
rense.com...

seekerof

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I sent an email to the people that run www.nemo.nu... , they have a very extensive directory of russian tanks. I got a reply back just now after I sent them a mail yesterday to ask them for help identifying the tank in the background:

"To me it looks as a T-62. Note that the picture is erased to the right and the background of the tank is still there. Thererfor it looks much higher than it is. My ID is based upon the irregular spaces between the wheels. If you have a clue how old the picture is, it would help, but T-62 was in duty up to 1980 in the USSR."

You can read about the T-62 on their website here:
www.nemo.nu...

The T-62 was in service from 1961 to 1980, so now we know that the picture is atleast not older than 1961.

When it comes to the uniform I did find this model of a russian officer that has the same outfit, even the cap seems to be the same(you can fold out the "ears" on it):

[edit on 17-7-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join