It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Doomed !! ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If aliens have lots of technology such as ufos why do they give us the technology instead of just blowing up the entire world and keep it all to themselves.

If aliens keep abducting people under the permission of the government(and alot of us know *they* do), and don't laugh but shouldn't we fight back if they're gonna keep taking our friends and family just to shove some metal thingy in our...... head.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Burn The Witch]

[edit on 5-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
why is no one answering!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
First, welcome on ATS!

Now, about your post... Look at things from the other perspective... If, we, humans, had the ability to go to some other planet where we found some less evolved life (even intelligent and technologically developed, let's just say less evolved...), we would do exactly the same!

We already do that with animals here on earth: capture some, probe them, cut them into pieces and slices, monitor them, sometimes try to breed them artificially and even cross breed them, we also sometimes implant them with some monitoring device to follow their "natural" evolution afterwards, and so on...

So then, why shouldn't they just do it to us? And btw, does that mean that we're doomed? I don't think so.

[Edit]
Hey, give us time to answer!! There you go now...

[edit on 5-6-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Your post has been up for all of 4 minutes..and in my time zone it's 6 in the morning on a sunday...

I think you need to drink less coffee, breath more deeply, and perhaps lower your expectations.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
how do you suppose we fight back?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
next ufo that comes by just blast it out of the sky and interrogate the aliens and see if they're gonna mess wit us again

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There's only anecdotal evidence widely available that aliens exist at all, so how can we be certain about their motives? Please don't flame the community for not answering your (imo silly) question within 4 minutes.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Dont you think that they would have much more advanced technology than us so they could deflect or dodge our attacks and retaliate with their far superior weapons.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
if they d had any brain (probably a big bulbous one) they would've thought about ruling the galaxy long ago ---y don't they do it now---

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
sorry everybody for getting enflamed im just new to this forum thing

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burn The Witch
Dont you think that they would have much more advanced technology than us so they could deflect or dodge our attacks and retaliate with their far superior weapons.

how do we know that the tech that we have is just the same as thier's

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I would assume alien ships would have three features which would make them very hard, if not impossible to shoot down..

1. Radiation shielding (unless of course the aliens themselves are immune, even then, their tech would have to be shielded to survive high dose, long term exposure)

2. Kinetic projectile shielding (colliding with a piece of space junk at just under light speed has been known to cause injury)

3. High speed (travelling across the galaxy at 60 mph just isn't practical, their ships would have to go fast to get anywhere of interest in a reasonable amount of time)

So put those together, and you have a craft that is fast and tough. Not exactly fish in a bathtub.

I don't think there's any reason to shoot them down. For all you know, they might be here to pick me up.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Chill yer boots Burn The Witch.

No one has any obligation to reply to any thread. 4 minutes is nothing. The index of most recently active threads on the front page of the forums hasn't even had time to turn over in that time.

As WyrdeOne rightly said. Deep breaths.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
its been more than 4 minutes since uk_o5_xm29 has posted

dont make me angry

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I would assume alien ships would have three features which would make them very hard, if not impossible to shoot down..

1. Radiation shielding (unless of course the aliens themselves are immune, even then, their tech would have to be shielded to survive high dose, long term exposure)

2. Kinetic projectile shielding (colliding with a piece of space junk at just under light speed has been known to cause injury)

3. High speed (travelling across the galaxy at 60 mph just isn't practical, their ships would have to go fast to get anywhere of interest in a reasonable amount of time)

So put those together, and you have a craft that is fast and tough. Not exactly fish in a bathtub.

I don't think there's any reason to shoot them down. For all you know, they might be here to pick me up.

They can't possibly hav all dat stuff witou sharing it wit us

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I just had an idea, maybe aliens are visitors from the future that actually come from earth and thier ufo's are time-machines

And abductions are just thier ways to check up on thier ancestors

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burn The Witch
I just had an idea, maybe aliens are visitors from the future that actually come from earth and thier ufo's are time-machines

You're not the first person to think that. Another idea is that aliens are fallen angels/demons.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Loads of peeps have said this before me, but, if the aliens could destroy us, they already would have. So stop worrying and pour yourself a drink. No ETs are gonna blow us up.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
...If their intentions are to blow us up (destroy us) well then they are slowing doing it under unforeseen (hardly ever) methods of control/manipulation. It ALWAYS only a matter of time, before what, time ceases to re-exist. Hmmm... Will you be alive by ?TH?EN? Lets wait and see.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Burn The Witch
Question for you. You are asking why we have not been destroyed by aliens or been taken over by them, Correct?
Well, we are the species here on earth that is technologically superior to all other living creatures here yet, we are not (purposefully) destroying or eradicating all other species.
Using humankind as an example, why would you think the aliens would do anything different?
Also, there are some who believe that the aliens are not just extraterrestrial but of either our future or from our past. If either were the case, then of course the aliens would not want to destroy the prodginators / ancestors.

You also mentioned that we are doomed. What makes you think this?
Yes there are many stories out there of abductions, experimentations, implantations etc. which someone earlier mentioned we do to other species here, yet, as of this time, there has been no outright hostile actions by aliens.

You may also want to remember that the tech that the aliens are using to even reach earth (or our timeline) is far far more advanced than what we have today. This tech would be more than enough to protect the aliens against anything that we have barring an accident.

Unfortunately, I do not think that the aliens would ever be as hostile as what is discribed in our media such as in "War of the Worlds". If the aliens are indeed from another planet, then they would be more likely to be either looking for life "out there", exploring, or even looking for new places to settle on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join