It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ilkley Moor Encounter of the Third Kind, 1987

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Brief Summary :

On the morning of December 1st, 1987 police officer Philip Spencer claimed that he have seen a small humanoid creature while crossing the Moor, in the county of Yorkshire. Philip Spencer was carrying a camera and a compass. He managed to snap a photo of the being which seemed to be gesturing to him. The Creature then ran away into a dome shaped ufo which then flew away.

During the encounter the man had a missing time.

Spencer later developped the film which showed a picture of what appeared to be a gray alien.

Spencer then contacted a ufo researcher and went under hypnosis where he recalled that he was taken aboard a craft, where he was given medical-type examinations before being released.

For the full detailled story :

ufologie.net...
www.ufocasebook.com...

This case always fascinated me, and i really believe it is genuine. You may be looking at a real extraterrestrial.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is really interesting. I've not heard of this one before.( Not that there is anything important about that.)
I would be interested in what everyone else thinks. I hope you get alot of replies here.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've read that story before, and I must say it's pretty convincing...

Now... the pics are really blurry to say the least. It was supposed to be foggy there at the time, but I have found so far no confirmation of that. If it was indeed foggy, who can say what a real pic would look like? Just like those or different? I'm no expert...

On the story itself, there is nothing to be said about it except that you believe it or not. What else? It is someone's word against the others...

It is a very interesting case anyway... The one detail I'd like to be sorted about it is just this: the fog. Was it foggy or not there at the time?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
heres some other threads searc turned up:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Interesting, this alien apears to be carrying something.

It looks like pretty solid evidence, i'll read the story...

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Interesting, this alien apears to be carrying something.

I think that's his hand (very long arms).

Anyway, its one of the more interesting pics I know of... Personally I think its real. Sure it could be a blowup doll or whatever kind of hoax, but it just looks so... well, real.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I remember about a year ago I saw a program on history channel that showed this same picture above

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow.. I had never heard of this case either.... very very interesting. I went to one of the links provided and read the story of this which is even more interesting. The article mentions something about a photograph where you can see a "white square" which may or may not be part of a ufo. I am not seeing it in these pics am I missing something?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For a picture of an alien, it's actually not too bad. Usually they're too blurry or too good (which usually means they're a fake).

I personally don't think an alien would voluntarily allow a photo be taken of it . At least if it were aware that someone had a camera. At that distance, I see how it would be possible for the alien no not notice. Who knows?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That is an awesome picture, even though it is so blurry! I got to read this encounter!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its one of the very, very, very few Close Encounters that I cannot easily dismiss.

Ive read so many articles on this and it sort of stands up to be counted.

One of the few cases that gives me that little bit of hope that the truth is really out there.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
How was this debunked? Or explained by experts? Is there any other links in which "experts" give their take? This looks pretty real to me.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbreid
How was this debunked? Or explained by experts? Is there any other links in which "experts" give their take? This looks pretty real to me.

I wouldnt say 'real', just exciting... There is definately something there. What it is though...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So nobody so far to confirm about the fog or not? I believe there must be some meteo experts here able to confirm it or not???

Can anyone (I can't...) provide pictures of the same thing (I mean anything, nearly) in a thick fog and in clear weather? That could help decide whether this pic is a believable one of an alien or not...

The story as such has never been debunked, and btw, no one I know of has ever been questioning it as being true or false... It seems to me to be quite legit and also an interesting one.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I remember seeing this years ago in the now ceased UFO magazine here in the U.K.

I think this is geniune. The photo although blured does seem to hint at the classic "grey" alien which was generally uncommon knowledge in the u.k at this time. Ok Spielberg was responsable for grey like entities in C.E.T.K. in 77 but this case has photographic evidence, testonomy from a reliable police officer, and even under hypnosis his story is consistent.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This case was in a book I owned. I've always been interested in police officer sightings.

One quetion I have though is what is the photographer's real name? In the UFO case book article they say the police officers name is Alan Godfrey, yet in the other he is called Phillip Speancer.

Actually, there was another case in Yorkshire involving a police officer called Alan Godfrey who was supposedly abducted after seeing a UFO (I suspect they just got mixed up).

Anyway I found this part of the casebook article interesting:

Something strange was noticed in the picture. Appearing on the hill at exactly the spot where Godfrey says the UFO was, is a white square. Could it be that Godfrey had gotten a part of the UFO in the shot unknowingly? Godfrey was not sure.

Can anyone see this white square?

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
living up near Ilkley - there is a very good source on the sightings that have occured on and around the moor locally in Ilkley - they run tours from a well known pub called the Cow and Calf on the moor - i will try and find the link to the individual and the tours.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My unanswered question on this....

Why would the aliens allow the subject to leave their ship with a photograph of them on his camera? Why wouldn't they have taken care of such evidence, if they are going through the trouble of causing this whole "missing time thing?

MY Explanation (trying to rationalize)... They may not have realized that a photograph was on the camera or even recognized the camera as a photographic device. Presumably, the aliens are far more technologically advanced than we are and may never have seen a device such as camera that uses an emulsion-type medium for capturing photgraphic images. As well, they may not see things in the same manner we do. Depending on the environment in which they developed, they may see better at different portions of the spectrum than we do or better under low-light conditions. There's also the possibility that they don't "see" well at all and use some sort of sensory means for interacting with their world (such as how bats use sonar).

Also, I wonder whether the Aliens use "missing time" in the same manner that dentists are starting to use drugs that cause patients to forget their dental experience, even though they are concious for it. It could just be their manner of anesthesia. It would be interesting to have someone with a recent claim of abduction submit to a toxicology screen.

My explanation (debunking)... it may also be possible that this is a hoax perpetrated to spur UFO-tourism in the area.

living up near Ilkley - there is a very good source on the sightings that have occured on and around the moor locally in Ilkley - they run tours from a well known pub called the Cow and Calf on the moor - i will try and find the link to the individual and the tours.

So, you never know....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
My unanswered question on this....

Why would the aliens allow the subject to leave their ship with a photograph of them on his camera? Why wouldn't they have taken care of such evidence, if they are going through the trouble of causing this whole "missing time thing?

The photograph was actually taken after the abduction experience.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Very interesting case that i hadnt heard before.....seems to be a very interesting case,especially the photograph.
Like yourself Spreadthetruth i would like to know more in police officer sightings.The officers i know would be extremely reluctant to talk about anything they had seen whilst on duty for fear of the effect it would have on their career.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join