It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X updated post here...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Are all the earthquakes happening worldwide as exposed on the "worldwide seismic event thread" linked to this coming event?

www.detailshere.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Is this why NASA shut off the SOHO feed last week??

I'm not an expert of course, but this looks very much like a solar flame to me...
And if planet X is really that close to the sun and earth, amateur astronomers must have spotted it by now, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Are all the earthquakes happening worldwide as exposed on the "worldwide seismic event thread" linked to this coming event?

I've been thinking that for awhile.......along with all the other natural disasters (fires, tropical storms, floods, droughts etc.) it makes sense. But I'm sure we'd be the last to know if it was true........can you imagine the panic......and the end days theorists would have a field-day.....

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well at least the sky isn't falling...............yet.

jra

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That is so a solar flare. it seems like at least once a month some one says "Planet X is coming!!!", but it never does. I think these Planet X people are getting desperate. They seem to be letting there obsession cloud there judgement. (plus the lack of basic science doesn't help either)

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by jra]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Photos of solar flares:
history.nasa.gov...
www.spacescience.org...
www.eoascientific.com...
zebu.uoregon.edu...

I don't have a view either way about Planet X at this point. I just thought I'd provide some solar flare pics for comparison.

-B.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i think your all pretty dumb if you think thatthis planet x thing is for real, i read it was supposed to collided with earth back in march, and it did'nt happen, so i dont think its real, i think all these things people r spotting is due to the gradual shift of our north and south poles.
thats the one youve gotta worry about.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by resentedhalo
i think your all pretty dumb if you think thatthis planet x thing is for real, i read it was supposed to collided with earth back in march, and it did'nt happen, so i dont think its real, i think all these things people r spotting is due to the gradual shift of our north and south poles.
thats the one youve gotta worry about.

I reserve my opinion on the subject at hand for the time being.

However, in terms of the magnetic polar reversal, there is very good evidence that it is underway, based on a measured decrease in the geomagnetic field, and increased precession of the magnetic poles. However, magnetic reversals have occurred literally thousands of times in the geologic record, and is not correlated with any mass extinction events, so there is likely to be little danger to the world in general. Also, magnetic reversals happen SLOWLY... and you might experience a 5% drop in the geomagnetic field in your lifetime.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Next week...

HEADLINE: PLANET X FOUND NEAR EARTH!!!!!!

)

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That is NOT a solar flare... It's ball shaped... Solar flares never look like that. (look at the links the other guy provided, THOSE are solar flares. I don't know what's in that picture, but I can tell you it isn't a solar flare.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
That is NOT a solar flare... It's ball shaped... Solar flares never look like that. (look at the links the other guy provided, THOSE are solar flares. I don't know what's in that picture, but I can tell you it isn't a solar flare.

Not debating your findings... just pointing out that the other "guy" isnt a guy...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's a solar flare. What else can it be? If it was that close to the sun, it would be vaporised as the suns gravity sucked it in.

I've seen similar solar flares. I interpret satellite photos of the Earth in the daytime as part of my job and I have an interest in all satellite photography, especially SOHO.

$0.02

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've seen similar solar flares. I interpret satellite photos of the Earth in the daytime and I have an interest in all satellite photography, especially SOHO. Posted by Zzub

Really? What is your profession?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This volcano could wipe out most of the earth if erupted.

www.news.com.au...^401,00.html

What does this have to do with Planet X? Niburu is suppost to cause earthquakes, tsunami, volcanic eruptions, ets... I have studied a lot on Planet X but became a skeptic on it after June went by and all expected dates had failed. However the recent photos do look real. Maybe it is there. Just hidden behind the sun.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Nothing suspicious, weather satellite imagery and ground feature analysis, mostly.

As part of my job, I write software which extracts data from nasa's satellite image databases. We are a private software company.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Nothing suspicious, weather satellite imagery and ground feature analysis, mostly.

As part of my job, I write software which extracts data from nasa's satellite image databases. We are a private software company.

Really? Would be interested to know your take on the latest imagery from Cydonia... overwhelming opinion is that it is highly faked.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven

*grumbling about being called a "guy"*

-B.
Who has interior plumbing.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Do you mean the most recent dust-storms captured by the global surveyor? I'm guessing not, as I've not seen anything interesting in the pictures other than...dust.

If you mean the more argued about cydonian pictures, In the past, I've seen a few which were definitely showing interesting features which I think deserve another look. The problem is that there's quite a few doctored pictures or pictures which really seem to be searching too hard to find meaning.

What I find more interesting about the "face" pictures and in nearly all mars pictures is the fact that there's definate signs of water everywhere. Be it fluvial erosion or signs of melting water, there always seems to be something. Parts of mars look almost as active as flood plains on Earth. There must be life there in some form, surely.

As for if the pictures are fake. I really can't say. I think misinterpretation is a larger problem than fake pictures.

Have you got a link to the specific images you mean? I don't want to be confused about which ones you mean. I have to admit to going through phases of interest, and I haven't paid much attention to mars in the last year except for watching the dust storms now and then.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Even if there is a Planet x i really dont think it would be on an orbit the swings into all the major planets as it would of happened billions of years ago, and yes i am aware of how wide its orbit is supposed to be. anyway if there was another planet dont you think the voyager probe would of picked it up on its way out of our solar system?????. think logically people.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"anyway if there was another planet dont you think the voyager probe would of picked it up on its way out of our solar system?????.

The funny thing about that statement is that the probe has experianced some sort of gravitional pull/drag which has nasa stumped. Its like it's been effected by some unknown, unseen object.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join