It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY! ET Signal from Proxima Centauri confirmed by ESA Astronomers, NASA filmmaker!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In 2019 a signal was picked up by the Parkes Radio Observatory in Australia which was believed to have originated from the Alpha/Proxima Centauri system , at the time it was dismissed as probably Human interference but now it's been found to have originated from Proxima B an exoplanet in that system 4 Light Years away , following detailed analysis of the signal, part of which can be heard in the video below , it's now thought to be the first signal we've received from an Alien civilisation .... The Angry Astronaut explains more.

It seems we are not alone ! , I wonder if that's where Oumuamua came from.

edit on 20-10-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ok, let's break down this video into positives and negatives of the information.

Positives:
The signal lasted for hours, this eliminates low Earth orbit satellites.The source remained fixed to the stars, this eliminates geosynchronous satellites. In either of these, the source would seem to move, neither is the case. This would also seem to eliminate ground sources as they would be fixed to a point relative to the Earth rather than a star.

The source is far enough off the ecliptic to eliminate deep space probes. There is nothing interesting enough in that direction to send a probe out there within this solar system.

Negatives:
If you don't know what frequency a signal is supposed to be, you can't possibly know if it is Doppler shifted unless it passes by, comes towards you then goes away. Doppler shift correction is used where a satalirlte signal is a higher frequency approaching a ground station then lower as it moves away. This signal is said to be moving away but with nothing to compair to, there is no way to detect this.

The phased array system is only useful for planned observations. That is they have to point the radio telescopes at the same target at the same time. It is impossible to use that technology to examine a recorded signal from one radio telescope when no others were receiving it simultaneously.

Conclusion:
The video is technically inept in applying technological processes and techniques that are not applicable to the signal.

While the signal and its analysis is very interesting, the presentation is just so much nonsense as to cover up the possible significance of the true findings.

In other words, interesting story spoiled by the presentation.

edit on 20-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

"From the results of their analyses, the astronomers conclude that the potential "alien" signal BLC1 is not of cosmic origin, but rather terrestrial. According to their findings, its unusual frequency and signal geometry most likely arose from intermodular distortion of radio emissions from a clock oscillator operating at two megahertz. The interaction with some other interfering signals then created the BLC1 signal and its counterparts."

www.scinexx.de...

"This signal, even though it was generated by human radio frequency interference, was uniquely similar to the kind of signal we would expect from space," Sheikh told Space.com. "It fooled our algorithms to screen out radio frequency interference, and it took months for us to perform the analysis and gather the data to understand that it was human-generated. A signal-of-interest has never been scrutinized this thoroughly in the history of SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence), so it's ground-breaking in that way."

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Ah, so an intermingling of several signal sources, some within the instrument itself. Sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

As mentioned it was written off as Human interference earlier , your links are from 2021.

I wait for an official confirmation if what is said in the video is true , it's easy to write something off without knowing the full details.
edit on 20-10-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Makes you wonder if the signals Nikola Tesla picked up in 1899 were from the same source

www.iflscience.com...
edit on 20-10-2024 by antislogan because: error

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would suggest we hold our enthusiasm for a little while until we get more and broader confirmation of this. It's not a done deal yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Would say a lot if there is intelligent alien life capable of sending a signal from a planet orbiting one of our nearest stars.

posted on Oct, 20 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's about time we take Luke Skywalker back home, if i could give you a hundred stars or the milkyway I would ,thank you I've been waiting for this since I was born

top topics

join