It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Govt sending staff and recruiting for people to campaign for Harris in the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

In a post on X, Labour's Head of Operations said: "I have nearly 100 Labour staff (current and former) going to the US in the next few weeks heading to North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

"I have 10 spots available for anyone available to head to the battleground state of North Carolina - we will sort your housing."

link

One has to ask, how is this not foreign interference in an election and how is this not a campaign contribution to the Democrats.

100 staff , current and former, from the Labour Party - the UK Govt party - going to the swing states with paid hotels and sustenance in order to help on the ground efforts of the Democrats.

Actual REAL election interference by a foreign govt and campaign finance law violations in broad daylight.

The Federal Election Campaign Act states in unambiguous terms that any contribution by a foreign national to the campaign of an American candidate for any election, state or national, is illegal. Likewise, anyone who receives, solicits, or accepts these contributions also violates the statute. Foreign national, in this case, means anybody not a US citizen that doesn’t have a green card.

Apart from anything else, this should remove any doubt that what is going on in the world right now is an attempted leftist takeover - an ideological control of society.
edit on 17-10-2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Cool. Can we have Russians help out on the Capitalism side? I mean if we are gonna let in foreigners to our elections.

That’s not being serious (gotta tell the lefties), I think they should be locked up and charged as soon as they do one thing with our election. And those that let them in should be removed from office and locked up with them.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Lets not forget a British spy using Russian disinformation, hired by the Clinton campaign - launched a 3 year investigation into Russian Collusion and the Trump campaign.

Here we have the UK Govt openly stating it is colluding with the Harris campaign and will have boots on the ground to help her win swing states.

I assume the FBI will opening an investigation today.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
More on this from The Telegraph

Labour is sending almost 100 current and former party staff members to the US to campaign for the Democrats in swing states.

Activists from Sir Keir Starmer’s party will spend the next two-and-a-half weeks canvassing for Kamala Harris in four key battlegrounds ahead of the US election on Nov 5.

They will target Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia, which are all seen as crucial to Ms Harris’ path to the White House.

Republicans described the plans as an “outrage” on Thursday and warned they would damage the UK’s relationship with the US should Donald Trump win the presidency.

Elon Musk reacted to the news on X, formerly Twitter, by saying: “This is illegal.”

The Federal Election Commission, which regulates US elections, states that foreign volunteers may not donate money to campaigns or spend money on their behalf. They cannot “participate in the decision-making process” but they may, however, participate in activities as an “uncompensated volunteer”.

Sofia Patel, Labour’s head of operations, said in a LinkedIn post on Wednesday: “I have nearly 100 Labour party staff, current and former, going to the US in the next few weeks, heading to North Carolina, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

“I have 10 spots available for anyone available to head to the battleground state of [North] Carolina – we will sort your housing.”

Staff were also emailed on Aug 2 and asked if anyone would be willing to travel to the US to “help our friends across the pond elect their first female president”.

The email, sent by Ms Patel, added: “Let’s show those Yanks how to win elections!”

Sebastian Gorka, a former aide to Trump during his first administration who was born and schooled in the UK, said on Wednesday that Labour officials campaigning for Ms Harris was a “bloody outrage”. He compared the incident to Barack Obama’s infamous suggestion that the UK would be “at the back of the queue” for a trade deal if it voted for Brexit.

“It’s complete interference in American politics and an incredible show of desperation that, not only would this come up as an idea, but that this would be permitted or encouraged by the Kamala campaign,” he said.

“I think the real extent of the damage will be clear after if, God willing, the America First team wins and president Trump is victorious in November.

“The UK has a very special place in president Trump’s heart, but why on earth would Labour be doing this in America three weeks before the presidential election?

“What would Starmer think if president Trump sent a team to campaign against him in the UK?”

Sebastian Gorka - who was born and grew up in the UK - said that bringing Labour activists to the US was an ‘outrage’

Reacting to the post on X, Tom Cotton, the Republican senator of Arkansas, described it as “yet another reason to vote for president Trump”.

Liz Truss, the former prime minister, also shared the post, adding: “President Trump is definitely going to win now.”

In 1992, two of Sir John Major’s team flew to Washington DC eight weeks before that year’s US election, advising George HW Bush to attack his opponent Bill Clinton’s character.

The Home Office also inspected its records to see whether Mr Clinton ever applied for British citizenship to avoid the Vietnam draft while he was studying at the University of Oxford.

However, nothing was discovered and Mr Clinton proceeded to comfortably beat Mr Bush, prompting Sir John to write a letter of apology to the US president-elect.

There is no evidence that Mr Clinton ever replied but his refusal to meet Sir John later that month was widely viewed as a snub.

Labour and the Democrats are both part of the Progressive Alliance (PA), a network of social democrat and progressive parties founded in Germany in 2013

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This has happened before.

May the outcome be the same as last time.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

LOL, this is totally (D)ifferent. Election interference is more like when you ask for a recount. Having foreign governments send people to help one side is totally fine. As long as it's helping the D's. I thought everyone understood clown world rules.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Unfortunately it doesn’t matter if they’re an ally.

UK, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and others have been known to openly lobby and influence US politics.

That’s just the governments. Then you can look at multinational corporations and it gets even muddier.

We need to reign in foreign influence and even domestic PACs. It’s getting out of control.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't know about Nevada or Pennsylvania but in North Carolina and parts of Virginia, those with a British accent are likely to encounter different American accents telling them many different ways these industrious Brits can go ---- themselves

edit on 17-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wouldn’t surprise me at all. WEF Starmer trying to support another woke left wing moron. Just astonishes me that actual patriotic American’s can’t see it. What the hell are you people drinking over there? Harris is an absolute dribbling moron.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

That's a great point! WTF are Brits involved with our election. This is the reason the U.S. exists.

Democrats are the globalist party! I invite every Democrat on ATS to Prove me wrong!

How does the current Administration, the Democrats, help America citizens?

How will Kamala help the U.S. citizens?

This is still the United States, right? Did I miss where/when we gave up our sovereignty?

The lefties of ATS (you know who you are), please tell me how your candidate will help Americans.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Foreign election interference?
??
?

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sounds like Kamala is neck deep in Limey Collusion.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Word on the street is that a ship carrying tea recently docked in Boston.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Things will only change when one day, hard working people
wake up and 70 to 80% of their income is taken by the
.Gov folks.

Isn't that already happening in the UK?

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Out of all the countries to learn from or need help, how about ones with a higher standard of living

Like Finland or Sweden

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Don't worry, the US DOJ will contact DHS and they will probably have to come through the southern border if they want to interfere in our elections like everyone else.

That way they can register to vote too as well while their at it.

edit on 17-10-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Lets not forget a British spy using Russian disinformation, hired by the Clinton campaign - launched a 3 year investigation into Russian Collusion and the Trump campaign.

Let's not forget that statement is bull#.

Crossfire Hurricane--the original Counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign--was launched by FBI Director Comey on the last day of July, 2016 based on information passed to them via the State Department from a tip from an Australian. The FBI did not get a copy of the Steele dossier until seven weeks later in September. It played no role in the start of the investigation.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
How much longer before we start protecting our home nations from enemies both foreign and domestic?

This question applies to all nations.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: UKTruth

Let's not forget that statement is bull#.

Crossfire Hurricane--the original Counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign--was launched by FBI Director Comey on the last day of July, 2016 based on information passed to them via the State Department from a tip from an Australian. The FBI did not get a copy of the Steele dossier until seven weeks later in September. It played no role in the start of the investigation.

It was the Steele Dossier that drove the years of BS from the US media and bad actors - including the FBI, who offered Steele $1m to verify his dossier.

In opening statements, prosecutors said Danchenko “fabricated a source” and “concealed a source” in his interviews with the FBI in January 2017, where investigators were furiously trying to “corroborate or refute” the details of the Trump-Russia dossier.

Prosecutor Michael Keilty said Danchenko’s alleged lies “corrupted” the functions of the FBI.

Specifically, Danchenko’s alleged deception tainted surveillance warrants that the FBI sought against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in 2016 and 2017.

“Those lies mattered,” Keilty said, because the FBI was essentially duped by Danchenko, and then included his inaccurate information in applications submitted to a judge to secure the Page wiretaps.

Pretty #e attempt to derail the thread though.
Yeah - Cross Fire Hurricane was started earlier - so what - irrelevant and moot point to the thread.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with the actual, in plain sight, election interference and crime by a foreign nation and the Harris campaign
edit on 17-10-2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

launched by FBI Director Comey

<<   2 >>

join