It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate DONALD TRUMP Answering Questions from HISPANIC voters at Univision Town Hall 10-2024.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: network dude

Once on US soil immigrants (legal or not) are guaranteed due process.

Change the Constitution.

Yes, and they can at that point get legally and constitutionally prosecuted for illegal entry. 🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: grey580

We already had things in place to prevent this, that BIDEN removed within HOURS of being sworn into office.

If this is truly an issue Kamala wants to work on, why has she not worked with Biden to pass an EO to stop the inflow of illegals?

And all she had to do yesterday was tell the Nation she intends to re-issue those EOs when she gets elected!!

But no, she HAD TO make a phony ass production over it and keep lying and deflecting. 😀

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Change the Constitution.

The law is as follows;

What kind of due process do undocumented immigrants get?

Immigrants ordered to leave the country can fight deportation through civil proceedings involving immigration courts and judges overseen by the Justice Department. They can present testimony and evidence before an immigration judge, akin to a trial. They can be represented by a lawyer and can appeal unfavorable decisions to the Board of Immigration Appeals, an arm of the Justice Department.

Then this ruling in 1996;

Can the government bypass that process?

Yes. A 1996 statute permits immigration authorities to deport people without a hearing, a lawyer or a right of appeal under certain conditions, a process known as expedited removal. Under current policy, the Department of Homeland Security criteria for expedited removals apply to undocumented migrants found within 100 miles of the border and within 14 days of entering the country. The statute imposes no geographic limit and allows for expedited removals up to two years after a migrant has entered the country, raising the possibility that the Trump administration may use this power more aggressively.

A country of laws, follow the law

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The only rights given to illegals in the US are limited to freedom of religion, freedom of speech and the right to hear the Miranda rights been read.

It does not have the same rights as a legal American citizen.

What is happening is that the democrats are by passing the illegal immigration laws when they allow the illegals free entering into the country.

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

www.law.cornell.edu...

So in other words democrats are breaking the law along with the illegals.

Supreme Court upholds law against encouraging illegal immigration
The court rejected a challenge to the law by Helaman Hansen, who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for running a program charging as much as $10,000 for a purported pathway to citizenship.

www.nbcnews.com...

Again biden and democrats keep breaking the law when it comes to illegals and immigrations laws, when biden appealed this ruling.

Democrats wants unlawfulness in America they even encouraged.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

We got plenty of laws, but democrats are breaking the laws and encouraging others to break them too.

The buyout of judges in the US is going rampant, soo they can ignore the laws.

Democrats wants an unlawful nation, that only follow the laws that big money can buy like big deep pockets Soros.

Soon drug cartels, foreign entities and sex traffickers will be pushing money too for favors if they already are not.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Change the Constitution.

Yes, and they can at that point get legally and constitutionally prosecuted for illegal entry. 🤣🤣

And how long does that take?

Change the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Authorities are using the old "Prosecutorial Discretion" bullsh!t to circumvent the agenda. 😬

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Change the Constitution.

Change the Constitution.

It can be adjudicated quickly as somebody already pointed out the pertaining law(s). Get real. 😀 It's the Prosecutorial Discretion BS that's being manipulated for other agenda reasons, and of course, to protect the smuggling routes. ☠️

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Change the Constitution.

Change the Constitution.

You seriously need to get your shallow floating statements off the surface of The Saragosa Sea and into the deeper parts of the Ocean. 😀 Your points make little sense for a reason we know, but it's getting stale and brittle.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Change the Constitution.

Change the Constitution.

You seriously need to get your shallow floating statements off the surface of The Saragosa Sea and into the deeper parts of the Ocean. 😀 Your points make little sense for a reason we know, but it's getting stale and brittle.

Oh, did I not fall on my knees and worship a 200+ year old document?

I provided a solution.

You provided bureaucracy.

Only maybe 65 years ago when I was in high school the boys took wood shop — auto repair — machine shop. The girls — well — very limited to cooking/sewing etc.

Today with computers and AI — all that is pretty much useless as a career.

You tell me what life is going to be like 200 years from now — when we’re then guided by a 400+ year old document.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

This is incorrect.

Trump used Title 42 to return illegals back to Mexico in 2020. Title 42 allowed Trump to do this because there is a power in there that allows the President to return people if there is a pandemic or something similar. Once the pandemic stopped being an issue Title 42 could not be used anymore. And I think Biden removed that sometime in 2022.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Trump used Title 42 to return illegals back to Mexico.

And you do realize how Tariffs work right?

What is a tariff and what is its function?
A tariff is a tax placed on goods when they cross national borders. The most common type is an import tariff, which taxes goods brought into a country. There are also export tariffs, which are taxes on goods a country exports, though these are rare. The United States does not allow export tariffs; the Constitution (Article I, Section 9) forbids them.

Tariffs are typically imposed for protection or revenue purposes. A protective tariff increases the price of imported goods relative to domestic goods, encouraging consumers to buy from local producers, who are thus “protected” from foreign competition. A revenue tariff, on the other hand, is mainly used to generate money for the government.

Effectively when a tariff is added to imports. We pay more for the item. So I hope you enjoy paying more for things.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

So I don't recall if you were in a thread were we were talking about the "LAWS". There are 2 that normally govern illegals entering the country. One that doesn't really do anything except to allow the attorney general to deport people. And the other is the Asylum law. Which let's anyone stepping foot into the country claim asylum.

Trump tried a bunch of different things and was denied by the courts. What did work for him was to use Title 42. Which gave him the power to close the border during times of a pandemic.

So yeah. No pandemic. Not Title 42.

If you can find any other laws that says the President has the power to close the border. I'd like to see that law.

IMO the laws need to be changed so that the President can have the power to close the border if he needs to.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Unfortunately the Asylum law let's anyone setting foot into the country claim asylum. And then they stick around until their court case comes. And I think there's a 1 year filing deadline. Something like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You need to look at little harder bud.

The laws are there, you just have to want to see them.

But hard to show info to thise that choose to be blind to facts.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Biden did undo some of what Trump had in place. But kept Title 42 till about 2022. But you ignored the other things that I said. If Republican law makers really wanted to close the border to illegals. Why haven't they changed the law to make things easier for the President to do? More than likely because they don't want to. So who's to blame? The guy that has to follow the law. Or the people that can change the law so that the President has to follow that law?

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Effectively when a tariff is added to imports. We pay more for the item. So I hope you enjoy paying more for things.

These are good discussions because we always learn something. So Trump has given numerous examples of the two primary ways/reasons to use tariffs.
1- If a country like China uses slave labor, provides no benefits like the ones American workers receive like paid holidays, vacation time, matching 401k and health benefits then US companies cannot compete. The slave labor manufacturers from China are heavily tariffed to even the playing field.
2- My personal favorite. Trump would levy extreme tariffs to any company who leaves the US to manufacture in, for example Mexico. Trump has also lowered corporate taxes to incentivise these companies to build factories and manufacture here in the US. This is good for US workers, see without those tariffs the companies would all leave the US and pay slave labor wages with no benefits and we lose companies and jobs.
See how tariifs can be used to negotiate and incentivise?
Of course Trump tells it better with many examples during his first term as president.
Here is where Trump spoke about tariffs. It is great to watch, amazing. could you imagine Kalalama having this coversation?

edit on 17-10-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Change the Constitution.

Change the Constitution.

Oh, did I not fall on my knees and worship a 200+ year old document?

I provided a solution.

You provided bureaucracy.

Only maybe 65 years ago when I was in high school the boys took wood shop — auto repair — machine shop. The girls — well — very limited to cooking/sewing etc.

Today with computers and AI — all that is pretty much useless as a career.

You tell me what life is going to be like 200 years from now — when we’re then guided by a 400+ year old document.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Biden signed orders to end a 2018 “zero tolerance” policy on prosecuting illegal border crossings and to seek unification of parents with children detained at the border.

He also signed an order requesting a comprehensive review Trump-era immigration policies

So he ended the following:

1. Removed the zero tolerance policy on prosecuting illegal immigrants. Which btw was pretty draconian.
2. Unifying parents with children that were separated while crossing.
3. Reviewing Trump era immigration policies.

None of those Trump era policies actually did anything to stop immigration. What did was Title 42. Which Biden used as well to curb illegal immigration during the pandemic.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

OK. I ask that you share them then. We've had this discussion on ATS before. And those were the two that came up. If you have any other ones that you can show me. I'd appreciate that so we can learn together.

<< 1    3 >>

join