It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House approves $425 million in new Ukraine aid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: putnam6

It's not cash, though.

"This week’s package includes many of those weapons Ukraine needs most, though it solely involves equipment America has sent in the past.'

Didn't say suggest or infer it's cash Carpy, what I did suggest is the American MIC has made billions on this war, and under this current administration it seems to be the only thing keeping the economy afloat, so I guess there's that LOL.

The point remains I haven't heard Raytheon or Lockheed donating squat below were the top war profiteering companies in 2017. A quick search on the top 10 companies not seeing any public donations as of right now companies have pledged 137 million with Lowes and Home Depot donating 2 million each.

247wallst.com...

Thats the point of the thread, well that and with the way the world is heading the military "aid" might be used better elsewhere that's not so stalemated.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Vermilion

Ukraine is invading another country? You mean Kursk?

They are fighting a massive invasion!

You want to throw bits of Europe under the bus?

Under a bus?
What is this magical bus you speak of?

Every day I get in the queue (Too much, Magic Bus)
To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, Magic Bus)
I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile (Too much, Magic Bus)
You house is only another mile (Too much, Magic Bus)
Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, Magic Bus)
You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, Magic Bus)
I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, Magic Bus)
But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, Magic Bus)
Nooooooooo!

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
What does the military industrial complex have to do with natural disaster relief?

Natural disaster relief that even the Republican Governors of affected areas said themselves that they got what they needed.

It's $425 million in prizes, not cash.

For scale, $425 million is .01% of California's GDP.

137 million has already been collected from other American corporations, for Helene and Milton

Why in your world are military companies that have profited immensely from our "aid packages" to Ukraine, exempt from charity elsewhere like Florida, Georgia, Carolinas, and Tennessee?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

All the former Soviet subject states that will be next if you appease an expansionist minded dictator?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

All the former Soviet subject states that will be next if you appease an expansionist minded dictator?

Hmmm well thats progress before you were concerned Russia would take over all of Europe and the UK.

Perhaps now you see the stalemate in Ukraine shows the Russian military who just borrowed 10,000 North Korean soldiers barely has the manpower to project its force anywhere.

While you can squirm and wring your hands over the possibilities of the smaller states like Estonia being "invaded" these states are too small and have more problems than thier stolen resources could produce for Mother Russia.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   

"Hmmm well thats progress before you were concerned Russia would take over all of Europe and the UK."

No, never suggested any such thing.

Quite the opposite. I have mentioned Article 5 often.

Whose "squirming"?

What "stolen resources"?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That’s an interesting view from your crystal ball.
I suppose it is possible that may be Putin’s plan but it’s highly unlikely, especially considering how their little operation in Ukraine was supposed to go.
Regardless, America isn’t the world police.
We protect ours and our allies interests.
I also suspect that if the US wasn’t giving aid to Ukraine, none of you Europeans would be either.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well, good luck with your isolationism and tariffs.

We
are committed to defending Ukraine even if you bug out.

edit on 16-10-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

"Hmmm well thats progress before you were concerned Russia would take over all of Europe and the UK."

No, never suggested any such thing.

Quite the opposite. I have mentioned Article 5 often.

Whose "squirming"?

What "stolen resources"?

Maybe I shouldn't post while preparing dinner.... one would assume Russia would have a reason to invade say Estonia or Moldova, yet most former Soviet block nations DO NOT have enough natural resources for Russia to exploit after your invasion concerns. Whereas Ukraine was much more exploitable than the nation-states you are concerned about next on Putin's list.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well, good like with your isolationism and tariffs.

We

When did taking care of our citizens and allies citizens become isolationist?
Did you just make that up Carpy? 🍻

When did the UK become one with Ukraine?
I thought the UK despised nazis.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

But Putin wants to be remembered as Peter the Great and to restore Greater Russia?

Enjoy your dinner!

Bed for me soon.

In Court tomorrow, have scumbag to teach a lesson.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I thought nobody fell for the Russian Ukrainian Nazi propaganda.

Apparently, I was wrong 😭😞

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

But Putin wants to be remembered as Peter the Great and to restore Greater Russia?

Enjoy your dinner!

Bed for me soon.

In Court tomorrow, have scumbag to teach a lesson.

Putin wants to enrich Putin and end sanctions for him and the wealthy Russian business men, secure his future, and he will have to rebuild the Russian Military before he tries a Peter the Great impersonation and conquests anywhere. Thats just the reality of the situation, minimum would be 5 years probably more like 7.

Go get the scumbag
now I want to know what they did...

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I can't say!

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well, good luck with your isolationism and tariffs.

We

Yea and who fills those holes in the defense of Europe? It sure isn't all those NATO countries! And before you start on your NATO speel, remember Turkey is a member state and look who they have been throwing in with. It would be nice of all those European states to donate more weapon systems and ammunition. How much can they produce again?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

The UK does it's fair share.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

So, why does this same government not spend the money to save and rescue us? 425 million could make our border so secure a bug cold not get into the country. My tax money should not to to defending Ukraine. It is common sense and not isolationist.

Any of these countries send us aid? F'k em.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: hangedman13

The UK does it's fair share.

Their fair share would be of little help without the US. I don't see any European nation with the surplus of military gear to just handout like the US does. Europe doesn't have the capacity to replenish munitions in any fashion that would really aid the Ukraine without depleting their own stockpiles and if you are so worried about Russian aggression after the Ukraine, realize that you might need them for yourselves. You are so nonchalant about the US contributions just because we are a larger country. We haven't had the luxury of cutting back our military spending unlike other countries.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a reply to: WeMustCare

Re-direct what? Weapons and military equipment?
You’ve already been proven wrong on this by many here. Please tell me we don’t have to go through this with you AGAIN.
edit on 16-10-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here’s a very respected Ukrainian reporter who was former Ukrainian Army and his thoughts as of yesterday about the ongoing war…

I'll say what many might think but hesitate to voice: Ukraine is currently losing the war, and the trend is negative unless drastic measures are taken.

Debates over what constitutes loss or victory can be had, and yes, Ukraine’s survival so far is a big win. But even if Russia halts advances and goes on the defensive, we lack the resources to reclaim territories to the 2022 borders, let alone the 1991 borders. This is due to many factors: delayed mobilization, insufficient aid, weak sanctions enforcement, a lack of political will in the West, poor military decisions, delayed aid due to de-escalation concerns, and the sheer reality of fighting a country with four times our population, with superior numbers in almost all domains and one of the largest military industries, supported by regimes like North Korea, which contribute more than some European countries with far larger GDPs.

Manpower shortages are another issue, but that's a separate discussion. Ukrainian leadership bears a good part of the responsibility for these problems. Still, if the West can’t supply the 14 brigades Zelensky requested, why discuss drafting hundreds of thousands more? We need to completely re-arm way more existing brigades. Who’s going to pay for them? Let’s be honest - there’s little enthusiasm in the U.S. or Europe to fund this.

If Russia retains its occupied territories, it will undermine one of Europe’s core security principles: that borders cannot be redrawn by invading force. In 2014, Russia violated this order, leading to the 2022 invasion. This time, it’s not just Ukraine that will have failed - it’s Ukraine, the U.S., and Western Europe’s failure to defeat Russia.

Some might cite Finland's Winter War, as an example of what Ukraine should have done, but that war lasted three months and ended with Finland ceding territory, paying reparations in the form of machinery, and renting a port to the Soviets. Ukraine's demographics today are also very different: the 18-25 age group is among the smallest, a reality across modern Europe.

Unless Ukraine and the West create a serious plan to radically increase aid to support mobilization - where Ukraine commits to mobilizing more people on the condition that they are properly armed and trained, and the West provides robust air defense to intercept missiles as decisively as the U.S. does for Israel - Ukraine will lose the war of attrition. This will force unfavorable peace, and mass migration from Ukraine to other countries, setting a dangerous precedent, and making it look like the West lost to Russia in the eyes of the world, especially among the enemies of the West.
x.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join