It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House approves $425 million in new Ukraine aid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sounds like perhaps the last 10% for the big guy.

Makes me wonder how much the MIC has contributed monetarily to Helene and Milton victims?

The two leaders discussed the state of the war and a “victory plan” Zelenskyy has touted to end the conflict, according to a readout of the call.

The Ukrainian president publicly discussed that plan for the first time in a speech before the country’s parliament Wednesday. Arguing that his framework could halt the war by the end of 2025, Zelenskyy described five main points — chief among them membership in NATO and long-term military support from the West.

This week’s package includes many of those weapons Ukraine needs most, though it solely involves equipment America has sent in the past. The White House’s authority to send more assistance was set to expire at the end of September, forcing the president to designate the aid toward the existing list of approved systems.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

From what I understand, it takes months for approved aid to be fully delivered. Hopefully there will still be a lot in the pipeline 3 months from now, on 1/20/2025. The Trump Admin can freeze and re-direct it back to help Americans. MAGA-AF!

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It's not cash, though.

"This week’s package includes many of those weapons Ukraine needs most, though it solely involves equipment America has sent in the past.'

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Re-direct what? Weapons and military equipment?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They already passed legislation so he cannot stop it.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a “victory plan” Zelenskyy has touted to end the conflict

😆😆😆😆

Is anybody going to tell him?

His lies sound similar to Harris’ “elect me and I’ll fix it”.

If you have such a grand plan then why haven’t you implemented it?

I expect the Biden Harris administration to push harder for more cash and prizes(to be blown up by Russians or snorted) to be sent to Ukraine because they’ll have no power soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What does the military industrial complex have to do with natural disaster relief?

Natural disaster relief that even the Republican Governors of affected areas said themselves that they got what they needed.

It's $425 million in prizes, not cash.

For scale, $425 million is .01% of California's GDP.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So why the hell aren't we SELLING these to them?

Seriously, why???

If we have them lying around not using them, get some money out of them!

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: WeMustCare

Re-direct what? Weapons and military equipment?

Yeah, to stop the evil Democrats from voting again.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
What does the military industrial complex have to do with natural disaster relief?

Natural disaster relief that even the Republican Governors of affected areas said themselves that they got what they needed.

It's $425 million in prizes, not cash.

For scale, $425 million is .01% of California's GDP.

The good ol “is just a small % of California’s GDP” lol

Every time a multi million/billion package gets sent overseas to Zelensky/dumpster fire.

edit on 16-10-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Because he needs help to do it?

Obviously?

Like being able to use long range weapons against airfields and military targets inside Russia.

But hate on.

Glad to see you sticking up for freedom and standing up to a mad warmongering dictator.

Oh, you're not.

My sad face.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Have you considered the massive cost of decommissioning them?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

"Every time a multi million/billion package gets sent overseas to Zelensky/dumpster fire."

Nope. They get used. Against the invader you root for and seem desperate to stop it happening.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

They don't have to receive raw cash for it to be used as a funding source. The idea that "oh it's okay to spend X billion dollars on Ukraine so long as we're not sending them cash" is absolute nonsense, especially when we're talking about a country as corrupt as Ukraine is. Zelensky and his wife aren't jet setting around the globe and shopping at Louise Vuitton on the masses of rainy day cash they have stashed in Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This: www.defensenews.com...

Makes you wonder if the people involved with the U.S. defense/offense companies (suppliers, stock holders, businesses in the area) aren't delighted that Russia invaded Ukraine.

I can see them cringing when Donald Trump promises to end that war.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Obviously?

Like being able to use long range weapons against airfields and military targets inside Russia.

But hate on.

Glad to see you sticking up for freedom and standing up to a mad warmongering dictator.

Oh, you're not.

My sad face.

I’m all for Ukraine winning but I try to live in reality.

I don’t think giving hundreds of billions of dollars in arms and cash to a random corrupt non-ally country on the other side of the planet so they can invade another country is in America’s best interests.

I don’t think it’s a good idea for my English brothers either btw.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Obviously?

But hate on.

Oh, you're not.

My sad face.

THIS WAR IS LOST

Ukraine is resorting to kidnapping people off the street because they are out of soldiers.

Pro-tip: If you are out of soldiers = lost the war.

Sending more people to the front to get killed is not "standing up for freedom", it's mass murder/genocide.

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ukraine is invading another country? You mean Kursk?

They are fighting a massive invasion!

You want to throw bits of Europe under the bus?

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Oh, please.....Russia is "mobilizing" like crazy.

Emptying prisons etc....

posted on Oct, 16 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Zelenski's wife last budget before Trump takes over to shop for Christmas in Paris.

Yep that is her due money.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join