It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing - SpaceX Successfully Catches Super Heavy Booster Rocket

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Musk you magnificent bastard ........

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Wow, that was amazing.

Uber self flying cars are next!

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My hair stand up on my arm when i see the skyscraper size rocket come in from space and park -burning- into this landing tower.

When I read title, I expect drone catch it and bring it down, this is better!

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can't wait to go to Mars.

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

While this is really quite cool, the over the top responses of the crowd seemed a bit 'staged' and false to me. Which sort of detracts from the achievement. Musk is clearly running a slick promo campaign to take advantage of every win.

But the truth is, engineering should just work, although the concept was audacious, it is quite achievable, and it has to be reliably repeatable to be a real 'breakthrough'.

To me, it felt akin to a toddler taking their first steps. A good start, but, no doubt, there will be some spills along the way. However, this stuff will become second nature and the norm, with some practice.

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

"Staged"? How?

One small step. Well, quite a giant leap, actually.

Party pooper.

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No, I can understand that.

These are the cries of joy and emotions of people who can land a rocket stage the size of a skyscraper on its ass while it's burning.

That's real. You experience that too when you do something that no one else has managed. You're surprised by the cheering, I'm surprised by the guys who belittle such successes on the internet while sitting in their chairs and then talk about a fake crowd.

As someone who only works on cars and is very proud when he drives them off, I can absolutely understand that. That's just awesome. The power behind it, that wants to be directed.

For me, it's all authentic.

posted on Oct, 13 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

While this is really quite cool, the over the top responses of the crowd seemed a bit 'staged' and false to me. Which sort of detracts from the achievement.

I guess because you don't grasp the enormity of they've achieved , successfully landing a rocket booster is a great achievement but bringing the largest rocket booster ever made down next to the platform it launched from and gripping it with that platform is a monumental achievement , the response from the crowd is because they just saw something very special happen the reaction from the crew was because they made something very special happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join