It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob of up to 30 looters, some armed, ransack freight train in Chicago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Stuff like this is why hobos cant ride trains anymore most likely.

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
Six people were arrested after suspects loaded vehicles with the stolen goods as the train awaited an interchange.

Wonder how many were back on the street within an hour, suffering only a signature and maybe a court date which they won't show up for? All of them?

The old bulls made railroad property into something you didn't # with. Not cheering for those days to come back, but when the local police can only muster a 35 minute response, for the railroads it's "Do what we need to do" time.

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

When do the open borders destroy my Democrat or Independent run city? (Depending on Nov 5th results)

We had 18 homicides the first 6 months of this year. Our population is 1,375,000. Our property crime rate of 15.19/100k is nicely below national average.

In 2024 (Through June 30th)

Homicide: 18, a 47% drop from 2023
Rape: 151, a 17.5% drop from 2023
Robbery: 562, a 5.7% drop from 2023
Aggravated assault: 2,088, a 1.2% drop from 2023

But most of the population is AT LEAST 17 miles from the open border in the sector with highest number of entrants... and if I'm to let others observe for me, I'd think we're just being OVERRUN and there is no morality left! Like they are even eating the baby seals!

I'm in the most whipped and scapegoated state, in a democrat/liberal city, that has 56 different languages spoken, and all we get is AWESOME food from them. I need more senseless violence from these migrants, all they want to do is work in the service/hospitality industry and then go on strike.

This crime they bring must have an aversion to happening in the cities too close to the border, especially Transborder Conurbanations like ours with Tijuana, Mexico. They keep their 2,200 murders per year on that side of the fence at least. But their extended families live on both sides. Which is why our crossing is the busiest COMMUTER port of entry in the world. El Paso/Cuidad Jaurez is another area with a democrat run low crime city on The American side, and they're in the second busiest sector. Same thing in Calexico/Mexicali, Mexicali isn't as violent though.

Why are San Diego and El Paso such low crime cities when both border Mexican cartel wastelands that god forgot about?

Yes, that's an overly sarcastic response, I just want to know why we're not falling apart like we should be at ground zero? Our conservative DA can't do THAT much, can she?
edit on 12-10-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
big tvs.
I wonder if someone with the RR tipped them off as to the cargo.

I've seen videos of this happening to tractor trailers in some cities.

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Pencils and Erasers are magic 😀 so is invisible ink

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: Imhere

It has happened, happens, and will happen where and when it's tolerated. And it won't where it isn't.

In criminology, it's common knowledge that three major deterrents to crime are:

1. The likelihood of punishment
2. The severity of punishment
3. The swiftness of punishment

Likelihood is #1 because if a severe, swift punishment is on the books but they're not prosecuting people, the severity and swiftness of the theoretical punishment are meaningless.

Reducing the likelihood of punishment is the #1 most effective way to ENCOURAGE crime.

And when I say this is common knowledge, I mean it's something you'd learn in a 100-level criminology class. So all these Democrat DAs are aware of it.

It's not a matter of them just being misguided and thinking going soft on crime will pay dividends down the road. They KNOW their pro-criminal policies encourage crime and entice the criminal element to terrorize the good public.

It's not a mistake. It's the intended result.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join