It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An explanation of the hurricane government help anger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

It's not so much Desantis but also the entire infrastructure of the State of Florida is used to natural disasters. So they are geared up and ready for when they come. Almost all new construction since Andrew is coded to withstand hurricanes. So when one does hit it's easier to recover. Other states that don't have regular hurricanes are not prepared. Coming from Florida to Georgia, you can see that the infrastructure is not the same. (Though I am starting to see them replacing transmission line poles to the new standard.) And any sort of natural disaster that hits is going to cause a lot of damage. And will take time to repair. I will say one thing about GA though. When it comes to declaring an emergency. They are on top of things. The Governor declares a state of emergency ahead of time. I imagine so it's easier to get disaster funds from the fed.

Tennessee had a similar deal with our State gov getting yelled at, as I like to call it and they didn't get offended. They rolled up their sleeves after the immediate needs were met to get ideas from the Emergency Responders. This thing hit and TN responded. NC looks like it was hit worse, but their response was to wait and the Feds have Helo's there but had no orders to use them according to the Florida Nat Gaurd unit leader of the Special ops.
You are right Florida got blistered for its emergency response for Hurricane Andrew and others in the late 80s and 90s. This led to better resources and management planning but that was because they had gone a while without a direct hit from a major hurricane, as well as all the new waterfront property development.

Id imagine we will see some kind of genesis of that in North Carolina

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join