It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An explanation of the hurricane government help anger

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's not about RDS. It's that Desantis isn't the only person there in charge of disaster relief in the state. To say that it's all Desantis's doing is a disservice to all of the hardworking people that help out when a natural disaster strikes. And who have been in those roles for years or decades.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I’m putting in for a better title.

The fact that FEMA has started an operation to combat misinformation tells me where there is smoke there is fire. But whine some more about DEI and cats on zoom meetings while screeching about “equity” while people starve, search for missing loved ones, and choke on mud.

There are countless stories from people on the ground saying government just isn’t there, including local law enforcement.

It’s even to the point that the C-117 that was filled with supplies for Harris’ photo op wasn’t even delivered.

Then there are stories of servicemen with families wanting to go help being ordered not to. And other regiments to stand down.

Couple that with helicopter pilots and other people there to help being told they’ll be arrested and that permits are needed to “help”, and it’s no wonder FEMA is in damage control.

Even KJP’s own press briefings going back years state that FEMA is giving $ to illegal immigrants. Mayorkas? Yeah he doesn’t want anything to do with this debacle as his slime is all over all of this.

Anger? Yeah there should be.

Such a disgrace and tragedy.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

stuff that isnt perishable should be in a stockpile already, especially heading into hurricane season, as soon as the danger has passed an advon team gets there with non-perishable items, the other stuff can follow.

A rep from florida with a veteran response team was on the ground treating injured that Saturday morning after helene.

that response from Fema was worse than their normal poor performance.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

That sounds like a long winded way to say " It's their own fault ". You even managed to worked Trump in there too. Bravo.

I suppose people in California should just suck it up when that big one finally hits, huh ? They know it's inevitable, but they still stay so it's their own fault if they get their lives torn apart, right ?

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sookie how the hell are people suppose to get $750 as a loan or not when they live in hollers and have no phone or internet and the roads are washed out?

Having answered that (for most people), WTF are they gonna do with $750 after their homes, business, and families have been destroyed?

I mean can they apply to stay in 5-star hotels in NYC like non-citizens? Asking for a few hundred dead Americans.

But yeah, FEMA doing the heavy lifting in NC…..

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Florida is a different animal. Miami-Dade fire rescue has a search and rescue team that is always ready to go out to any sort of natural disaster. They train with special rescue dogs to go find people that may need help in any disaster. I don't think that FEMA is anywhere close to that sort of disaster preparedness.

Also I'd like to point out that the first responders is at the state level. Florida is always prepared. I can't say the same for other states.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Grey I’m confused.

What part of emergency does their mission statement at FEMA not understand? I mean shouldn’t the rescue operation be staged and underway and then a governor can say “no thanks Uncle Sam, we are good. Appreciate it it though.”? If the efforts aren’t needed?

Like does a fire truck fill up with water on the way to the inferno, or a police cruiser get gas during a chase?

What ass-backwards line of protocol is this sh!t

edit on 11-10-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I know it's not ALL him, but he is leading, and leading well.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Not according to that document. It looks like it's up to the state to request aid.

As I've seen done in Florida, the state declares a state of emergency, the national guard comes out to render assistance along with local and county services, then FEMA comes in later to give money and more support.

Imagine how much more waste and money spent there would be if FEMA stock piled stuff and then just had teams sitting around waiting for a disaster to occur.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Leading well? If you say so. At least he has some lifts in his shoes to make him look more impressive.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It's not so much Desantis but also the entire infrastructure of the State of Florida is used to natural disasters. So they are geared up and ready for when they come. Almost all new construction since Andrew is coded to withstand hurricanes. So when one does hit it's easier to recover. Other states that don't have regular hurricanes are not prepared. Coming from Florida to Georgia, you can see that the infrastructure is not the same. (Though I am starting to see them replacing transmission line poles to the new standard.) And any sort of natural disaster that hits is going to cause a lot of damage. And will take time to repair. I will say one thing about GA though. When it comes to declaring an emergency. They are on top of things. The Governor declares a state of emergency ahead of time. I imagine so it's easier to get disaster funds from the fed.

You are right Florida got blistered for its emergency response for Hurricane Andrew and others in the late 80s and 90s. This led to better resources and management planning but that was because they had gone a while without a direct hit from a major hurricane, as well as all the new waterfront property development.

Id imagine we will see some kind of genesis of that in North Carolina

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Leading well? If you say so. At least he has some lifts in his shoes to make him look more impressive.

ah, so if he was taller, you might give him more credit?

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I remember going down to Homestead to help out during Andrew. And the amount of business people and even regular people helping out. Even if it was just to hand out bottles of water to anyone that needed them. It was impressive to see everyone helping.

More than likely they are going to just lift the building code from Miami-Dade county and use it up there. That's what most other counties in the state of Florida have done. It will help reduce the damage from natural disasters. Especially if they adopt the codes used in power lines and traffic lights. They will also recover from disaster quicker as well. With less money spent on replacing things that get damaged becuase the infrastructure will be more resilient.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And less book banny.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: Boomer1947

Ok, NOAA knew about it. Did they tell fema? Fema was busy with the government made lack of border problem and didn't notice it seems.

At that point, Democrat PR operations central was licking their chops. ☠️

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join