It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Bibles Printed in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
apnews.com...

The God Bless America Bible, now more commonly known as the Trump Bible due to his sales endorsement of it has been reported to have been printed in and shipped to the US from China.

Global trade records reviewed by The Associated Press show a printing company in China’s eastern city of Hangzhou shipped close to 120,000 of the Bibles to the United States between early February and late March.

A spokeswoman for the company that shipped the Bibles stated that the order for the books was made by a company called ''Freedom Park Designs'' a company registered in Florida on March first 2024. The owner of this company also owns a company called '''16 Creative'', a company that handles merchandising for it's clients. Lee Greenwood is a client of this company and began putting out his version of the bible in 2021

Freedom Park Design was incorporated in Florida on March 1, according to business registration records. An aspiring country singer named Jared Ashley is the company’s president. He also co-founded 16 Creative, a digital marketing firm that uses the same Gulf Shores address and processes online orders for branded merchandise sold by entertainers and authors.

Ashley hung up on a reporter who called to ask about the Bibles.

Greenwood is a client of 16 Creative, according to the firm’s website. He launched the American-flag emblazoned Bible in 2021. His song, “God Bless the USA,” was released 40 years ago and is a staple at Trump rallies. Greenwood has also appeared at the former president’s campaign events.

The website that sells the Trump Bible has stated that it is not affiliated with any political campaign nor is it owned by Donald Trump. The use of Trumps name and his image have been contracted with a license with a company called CIC Ventures.

The website states that Trump’s name and image are used under a paid license from CIC Ventures, a company Trump reported owning in his most recent financial disclosure. CIC Ventures earned $300,000 in Bible sales royalties, according to the disclosure. It’s unclear what period that covers or how much Trump received in additional payments since the disclosure was released in August.

It's my impression here that Trump has not vetted this company or Lee Greenwood closely enough to have gotten to the bottom of exactly who or where this book was printed. Yet, he enthusiastically endorsed it in TV commercials and encouraged his market base to purchase their own copies of the over priced Bible. The cost of the book is $59.99. How much from each sale goes to Trump is anyone's guess. However there are also copies that are signed by Trump himself, as he promotes them that sell for $1000 and we might suppose that much or most of that extra cost goes straight to him.

Now, since the attempts on Trump life in Butler, an addition has been made to the God Bless America Bible. The cover of the book has had stamped onto it a slogan that references that event

It has been suggested that this bible, selling for the price it is is highly over valued. Knowing that it has been printed in China to take advantage of the what many have called ''slave labor'' there indicates that the quality of the book is not a top priority. Here, a Baptist minister Tim Wildsmith, who specializes in evaluating the quality of different bibles gives his impressions on the poor quality of the God Bless America Bible.

There are numerous commitments within this article that express differing opinions on the larger scale of possibility of federal crimes that may be involved with this whole project. Myself, I guess it all comes down to the profit motive. Find an over priced product that a good huckster can sell to a a willing crowd and reap the rewards. It is what it I guess.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Terry, you really seem to have a chub for Trump bibles. It's as if you aren't aware that he lent his name to the endeavor with Lee Greenwood.

leegreenwood.com...

So it's a Lee Greenwood Bible that Trump has advertised. I have some fantastic news for you. After much digging and research, I have determined that you do NOT need to buy one. You will not be mandated to spend the $60.

But if you don't buy the bible, you must get either the shoes or the watch. That part isn't optional.

I hope your TDS stops flaring up. Rumor has it, preparation H helps.

eta: I am confused why you are angry it's being printed in China. I hear Tim Walz brokered the deal on one of his many trips to mainland China. Aren't you a fanboi?
edit on 9-10-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe some of the Chinese working in that factory will sneak a bible home to read. They may get more out of it than those in our country do since they will have to spend time translating it.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Just another newly started company selling a Chinese knockoff of a known product that has been around for years. I think Trump might be able to sue him out of business depending on the franchise agreement. Just from misuse of the Trump name.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Given the obfuscation when questions were asked about their printing it comes as no surprise China (in Trump voice) would be the cheapest option to get them printed.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
F'k it I am finally convinced. I am voting for Harris. Chinese bibles are the last straw....FFS.

You have a known Chinese asset running for VP and we are talking about where a bible is published?

Sad...so...very very sad.....

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump, as you well know, abhors doing business with China and no, I will not present any of the multitudes of times he has professed this to you.

But yes, I do know that Trump did not create this bible himself, as pointed out in the OP. however it is Trump who sold his name and image to this cheap version of what is professed to be the Holy Bible. He has used his name and he office of the president to promote a cheap book and sell it for an over priced cost. That is who he really is Dude, a cheap huckster with a broad market base of true believing patriots. You appear to deny this.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's my impression here that Trump has not vetted this company or Lee Greenwood closely enough to have gotten to the bottom of exactly who or where this book was printed.

They should have asked Obama’s stooge Eric Holder to vet them.
He did a fantastic job vetting Walz. 🤡

ETA: It seems you’re obsessed with the Bible and where it’s made.
Do you know where Harris own book was made?
edit on 9-10-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I think that this could really be true. Not only his name but the video promotion for commercials he has done. But will he? Prolly not as it would demonstrate more widely what a shill and huckster he really is. Better to just hope it does not become widely known.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

He rents out a floor Trump Tower to the largest Bank in China. He does not like China when China gets away with what China does.

There is also no cheap bible. It is the word of God. Many would not care what it was on or where it came from.

Do I want production in the US? Yes.
Can we do it under the current admin and Congress? No

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Thread drift Ver. This is about Trump, not about ''Whataboutism''.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Of course China is cheapest for making...well, everything! Democrats have made it practically impossible to make a profit in the U.S., unless the business is getting Government subsidies, like Amazon.

Since China is okay with child labor, they get to make cheap Bibles and sell them to Americans. Maybe we should place tariffs on the Bibles, and bring production back to the U.S.?
edit on 9-10-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: Vermilion

Thread drift Ver. This is about Trump, not about ''Whataboutism''.

My apologies sir, this your thread after all.
I just figured vetting was part of your OP.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You believe everything you read, or are told?

Can you prove your claim?

🤨
edit on 1092024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Wow, that's pretty existential We. Can any of us prove anything? Do I believe everything I read? No. For one I do not believe much of what you print here every day.

Can you disprove any of what is in that OP? Can you track down the journey of that book from inception to sales? What we have to go on is the records of production in China, the record of shipping, the record or recipient of that shipping and the website is being sold on. What of that chain do you doubt.

My opinions are my own, just as are yours. Do I believe that when I read your posts that you believe that Trump is God's chosen tool to implement his Will at this time and place? I guess it is but I cannot prove that that is what you believe.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wait, China?

I thought for sure they'd be printed in Russia.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Wutta Setup !! 🤣🤣

Batsh!t Krazy!! 🤣

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I think that this could really be true. Not only his name but the video promotion for commercials he has done. But will he? Prolly not as it would demonstrate more widely what a shill and huckster he really is. Better to just hope it does not become widely known.

Donald Trump is fully vested in the sales of this Bible.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

You believe everything you read, or are told?

Can you prove your claim?

🤨

Global trade records reviewed by The Associated Press show a printing company in China’s eastern city of Hangzhou shipped close to 120,000 of the Bibles to the United States between early February and late March.

The estimated value of the three separate shipments was $342,000, or less than $3 per Bible, according to databases that use customs data to track exports and imports. The minimum price for the Trump-backed Bible is $59.99, putting the potential sales revenue at about $7 million.

apnews.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That addition to the God Bless America Bible post Bulter seems blasphemous.

I don't think you're supposed to claim divine intervention for yourself, or insinuate you've been chosen by God, that's kind of idolatry territory. So it's a good thing he is unaffiliated with this printing.

Honestly I have many bibles, and that is for the different versions, like NKJV, KJV, NASB, etc. I already have the version Trump is pimping and I don't need his indirect idolatry attached to it.

Bibles are a business, some are charity business and some are buying a televangelist a bigger mansion and a younger more plastic wife. I lean towards this being more for vanity than good will from the outset.

But I'll pick one of mine at random.

The NIV Economy Bible
Published by Zondervan, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI

"New International Version" and "NIV" are registered trademarks of Biblica Inc.®️ ... then a lot more legalese and Finally, "Printed in USA".

Hey, but every NIV Bible purchased helps Biblica translate and give bibles to people in need around the world.

So its a good thing, my conscience feels better knowing this Bible gives the downtrodden folks of malaria and ebola places books they cant eat.
edit on 9-10-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join