It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Cruise Boat’s Radar Detects ‘Monstrous’ Disturbances ... Was it Nessie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Pmsl!
You used their correct spelling as well

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Again, functional but not state of the art as claimed.

They didn't claim the display was state of the art they said the sonar they're using is , as mentioned by AdultMaleHumanUK they're running on a small budget funded by donations and sightseeing tours of the Loch they're not a government funded project.

Do you look at images from the Hubble Space Telescope on a 1970s portable TV? Do you think that would actually show you what the telescope is seeing?

It is like using a flashlight with a welding helmet. You could see better with the flashlight when it is dark but you have a welding helmet on so it doesn't make a difference how bright the flashlight is.

If they were recording the sonar data for further analysis, then why not show that?

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Don't want to offend them. They're mean little bastids.

Cream then jam!

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
I'm with you on that specific point they made about 'state of the art' tech, coz it obviously ain't describing their user screens!
Should've just said what the actual 'top tech' was, enhanced sonar or whatever...that doesn't set themselves up for doubt then.

I'm assuming it's an eccentric low budget effort, enjoying offering something 'interesting' which they hope will increase it's funding/donations lol

So, they are after more funding you say? That makes them automatically incapable of finding the target in question.

If you find and prove the beast, you can't get any more money to look for it. See also all the shows on bigfoot, the abominable snowman, mermaids, unicorns, stayrs, giants, excetra and so forth. The money is in the hunt. Yes you get a bundle for the find but then nothing.

The movie Splash covered that very well. One scientist cought a mermaid. Another scientist said to him, "Great, now go find a unicorn or something."

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Lol, I'm only assuming they're after funding/donations. They could have some crazy eccentric billionaire backing them, for all I know!
...just the old user sceens, and the lack of information about exactly what the "state of the art" tech is, well, it doesn't colour me impressed much🤣

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Did you know that back in the day they had to cancel a Devon and Cornwall music festival?

They couldn't agree to put Cream or The Jam on first

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join