It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Cruise Boat’s Radar Detects ‘Monstrous’ Disturbances ... Was it Nessie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Last week on October 3rd monster hunters from the Loch Ness Centre were conducting a radar seep of the Loch using the Deepscan cruise boat when they detected a sizeable reading showing a large disturbance at the bottom of the Loch some 220 metres below them as the passed over.

Picture of the reading.

The Deepscan cruise uses advanced technology to investigate the unique underwater environment of Loch Ness. With the use of sonar and radar systems, a hydrophone and most recently a state-of-the-art holographic camera, Deepscan has been able to provide a detailed understanding of the loch to date.

Nagina Ishaq, general manager of The Loch Ness Centre in Drumnadrochit, said: “These radar readings have raised many questions about what lurks in the depths of Loch Ness.

“Our Deepscan cruise has consistently aimed to deepen our understanding of the loch’s ecosystem, and this finding shows that there are still many unknows about the loch.

“We are currently working with Loch Ness researchers to conduct further analysis of these readings which hopefully mark a major milestone in the search for Nessie.”
www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk...

Not saying it was Nessie but If it was Nessie I think they're going to need a bigger boat.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good find. I want to believe

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I want to believe this but their credibility is much in question.

State of the art search equipment? The display shown in the photo is of a unit no longer in production.

www.raymarine.com...

I would have not have a problem with that equipment but it is claimed to be state of the art. Also is not radar but sonar.

Such discrepancies really point to technically inept people involved in the story if not the entire expedition.

Please find something that does not discredit itself.

edit on 9-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
School of fish or sunken log/tree is my guess. Growing up, Nessie was the cryptid I really wanted to be real, but outside of a large eel, there just isnt any evidence there. If there was a large creature, there would have to be multiple to sustain a breeding population and it couldnt breathe air, otherwise sightings of them surfacing would be extremely common. I dont believe there is enough fish in the loch to sustain a group of large predators either. IDK, maybe they will prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I wondered that.

I go sea fishing on boats that have more advanced fish finders than that?

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

State of the art search equipment? The display shown in the photo is of a unit no longer in production.

"Retired Marine Multifunction Display."

The screen that displayed the result is not the thing that picked up the anomaly , it's a display screen.

If you ran a top of the range PC on an old 1080p monitor does that mean the PC is no longer top of the range ?

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

I want to believe this but their credibility is much in question.

What stood out to me the most was the reflection on screen of the woman with her hand up.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I'm no expert, but what "advanced technology" were they using? The pic is of an old fish finder?

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"Retired Marine Multifunction Display."

The screen that displayed the result is not the thing that picked up the anomaly , it's a display screen.

If you ran a top of the range PC on an old 1080p monitor does that mean the PC is no longer top of the range ?

That would be an up to date pc with a display not capable of showing its full potential. With that setup, one could hardly say that pc system was state of the art. State of the art is being claimed here.

I have a fish finder in my tackle box. It goes on my rod. I cast it out and watch the graph as I reel it in. Functional but hardly state of the art. Quite useful for finding structures where fish tend to be.

I could send you a picture of the graph with a hole or a lump underwater. Same poof as presented in the op.

edit on 9-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'm no expert, but what "advanced technology" were they using?

Their website says they're using top of the range sonar equipment , as mentioned above the display is just a display for displaying the stuff the sonar picks up.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Finally Disclosure!

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That would be an up to date pc with a display not capable of showing its full potential.

Seems from the result they posted that display can show what is needed , it doesn't effect the quality of the equipment they're using to pick up the anomaly.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

What stood out to me the most was the reflection on screen of the woman with her hand up.
Did you just assume gender?! Don't you know how potentially harmful that is, or perhaps you just don't care?
I'm done with this problematic place!!!🤣

Of course Nessie is real, and definitely NOT an exaggerated and exploited local legend, to bring in/scam cash from tourists outside of the parish!!!

... just as true and real, as Devon pixies, and the hairy hands of Dartmoor not far from me!!!🤣

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That would be an up to date pc with a display not capable of showing its full potential.

Seems from the result they posted that display can show what is needed , it doesn't effect the quality of the equipment they're using to pick up the anomaly.

I'd buy that as an explanation.
I bet their 'research budget' is piss poor, just a chartered boat, with a few generic tech bits, including 'old' display screens, and that would make total sense to me...says nothing about the equipment sending the info to the screen👍

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You are not understanding what I am saying. I am not saying it is not functional for what it does. I am saying when you are looking for something to prove like Nessy, you want to actually use a display that can show what your sensors detect. Not a reduced resolution display. I have seen full-sized TVs used on underwater remote operated vehicles because they are better than the display on the controller. You can see more on a better screen.

Again, functional but not state of the art as claimed.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Again, functional but not state of the art as claimed.

They didn't claim the display was state of the art they said the sonar they're using is , as mentioned by AdultMaleHumanUK they're running on a small budget funded by donations and sightseeing tours of the Loch they're not a government funded project.

edit on 9-10-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
most likely a large methane release from the bottom stirring things up

just my 2cents

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The display would not be on an old Raymarine fish finder.

It would be on their supposed top of the range gear.

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

I wouldn't diss those piskies, if I were you, mate....

edit on 9-10-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm with you on that specific point they made about 'state of the art' tech, coz it obviously ain't describing their user screens!
Should've just said what the actual 'top tech' was, enhanced sonar or whatever...that doesn't set themselves up for doubt then.

I'm assuming it's an eccentric low budget effort, enjoying offering something 'interesting' which they hope will increase it's funding/donations lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join